Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272223 times)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #8010 on: April 15, 2012, 02:10:03 am »

And that's why we all hate pubbing.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8011 on: April 15, 2012, 10:40:22 am »

An Olaf can, near level 5, come out with his True damage and just wreck people, but I'm not a very good jungler and kinda dislike how League has made it semi-required to have one.
Jungle Olaf doesn't really level E all that much. He mostly levels Q, I believe. Top lane Olaf is the one who levels E and it's pretty ridiculous, I admit.
Also often called Boowells.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8012 on: April 15, 2012, 12:23:38 pm »

An Olaf can, near level 5, come out with his True damage and just wreck people, but I'm not a very good jungler and kinda dislike how League has made it semi-required to have one.
Jungle Olaf doesn't really level E all that much. He mostly levels Q, I believe. Top lane Olaf is the one who levels E and it's pretty ridiculous, I admit.
At first, I used to level my W as jungle olaf, then E, then Q. It wasn't good.
Then I tried leveling E first, then Q, then W. Didn't go too well either.
Nowadays I level Q first, then E, then W. This goes pretty well.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: April 15, 2012, 12:53:19 pm »

So, I've been playing Gragas a ton recently, as an AP build (long range rolling nukes away!), and it's been going fairly well. However, this past game was a bit of a bitch, and for one reason: Lulu.

She zoned me out hard in lane. I'm not sure if her skill level was just vastly above mine, but she ganked me a bunch in mid lane, prevented ganks on her teammates a bunch, was level 16 while me and the rest of my team were 12, made life a living hell, etcetera. Although she mysteriously disconnected midgame and we eventually won the game (her other teammates weren't no thang), it troubled me.

Is there any good counter to her? Her glitterlance hit very hard and the slow it gave me was a bitch, since Gragas is already kind of slow. I harassed her fairly okay with Barrel Roll, but later on when I tried to go in on her she zapped me, slowed me, and many times I died (and many others I nearly died). So, basically, I'm trying to think of counters to her. Of course, I'm not sure if it's the person who was playing her, or just Lulu in general, but anther good Lulu player is bound to show up eventually, so yeah.

When going against Lulu, I'm thinking of getting a doran's ring instead of boots and three health potions as I regularly do, as well as some magic resist a few minutes later in game (null magic mantle or something.) I can figure that Banshee's Veil or Quicksilver Sash would be a nice touch to block some of her spells like Glitterlance, and tenacity would also be nice to reduce the effectiveness of her slow.

Do you guys have any other tips? Items, strategies in the lane, etcetera?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: April 15, 2012, 01:37:08 pm »

The problem with Jungling with E first is that it hurts olaf too. The jungle isn't the kind of environment where you can be hurting yourself as much as them.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: April 15, 2012, 02:10:29 pm »

I get his Q first (That's the axe, right?) Go for blue. Then a point in W. Then start maxing E for maximum gank potential. With blue, Q and W, you are usually able to lifesteal/spellsteal more than enough until you can get a wriggles, and having E maxed early means being able to easily take out even tank characters quickly.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8016 on: April 15, 2012, 06:36:33 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:23:12 pm by penguinofhonor »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: April 16, 2012, 03:15:20 am »

Gragas slow?

His short cooldown E makes him into the OH YEAH of the battlefield, bursting though walls, lanes, jungle and blowing everything up : )
Seriously, it's only 50 mana and the cooldown is short enough to regularly dodge enemy mid-caster spells.

Anyway, I found if I really want to win my lane, hard, MR is the way to go... a few of those cheap runes and a item or two and i can basically just beat enemy casters in the face with my fist (and hit every barrel up close), then mess around for a while, using his awesome passive - and simply outlasting the enemy caster.

In other news, I thought I was smart taking LeBonk vs veigar mid.... sure, got a few kills, but when he hit lvl 6, his ult would one shot me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: April 16, 2012, 08:37:05 am »

So, I've been playing Gragas a ton recently, as an AP build (long range rolling nukes away!), and it's been going fairly well. However, this past game was a bit of a bitch, and for one reason: Lulu.

She zoned me out hard in lane. I'm not sure if her skill level was just vastly above mine, but she ganked me a bunch in mid lane, prevented ganks on her teammates a bunch, was level 16 while me and the rest of my team were 12, made life a living hell, etcetera. Although she mysteriously disconnected midgame and we eventually won the game (her other teammates weren't no thang), it troubled me.

Is there any good counter to her? Her glitterlance hit very hard and the slow it gave me was a bitch, since Gragas is already kind of slow. I harassed her fairly okay with Barrel Roll, but later on when I tried to go in on her she zapped me, slowed me, and many times I died (and many others I nearly died). So, basically, I'm trying to think of counters to her. Of course, I'm not sure if it's the person who was playing her, or just Lulu in general, but anther good Lulu player is bound to show up eventually, so yeah.

When going against Lulu, I'm thinking of getting a doran's ring instead of boots and three health potions as I regularly do, as well as some magic resist a few minutes later in game (null magic mantle or something.) I can figure that Banshee's Veil or Quicksilver Sash would be a nice touch to block some of her spells like Glitterlance, and tenacity would also be nice to reduce the effectiveness of her slow.

Do you guys have any other tips? Items, strategies in the lane, etcetera?
I don't know if Banshee Veil or Quicksilver Sash would be all that useful because they have a pretty high cooldown, while Lulu can spam Glitterlance all day long, especially late game when she has built up that mana reservoir.

Maybe a Hexdrinker? Gives some magic resist and a near-death shield. And you could amp it up to a Maw of Malmortius later.

Strategy-wise, I'd say she falls into the same category as LeBlanc, Ahri and Orianna, but for three main differences:
1. Less damage output overall than those three (even if it doesn't seem like it)
2. Tanky. When I play Lulu, I frequently wind up being the first on my team to 2000 HP, and I'm not even building tank.
3. Way more CC/buff/debuff.

That inherent tankiness and CC is part of what make her far more forgiving to play than a squishy burst ranged whore like Ahri.

If you're being chased as Ahri, your only real escape is to charm them (and they'll still keep following you), burn your ult and dash away, or spam all your abilities and hope that you can burst them down before they kill you.
If you're being chased as Orianna, you can use that small AoE slow. That's pretty much all the CC you have. Orianna's thing is being able to engage at distance and keep from getting chased that close to begin with.
If you're being chased as LeBlanc...okay, well you have a ton of escapes actually. That's kind of her thing.
If you're being chased as Lulu, you spam them with Glitterlance, shield yourself, turn them into a squirrel, and then make yourself huge so you can OM NOM NOM SQUIRREL.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: April 16, 2012, 09:09:27 am »

As much as I love Maw of Malmortius, I'd recommend to get a RoA/Rylehs instead (especially ryleh)~

Maw of Malmortius works amazingly on shaco, mundo, kassadin & Trynd though

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Graves - The Harrowing Patch - 1.0.0.127
« Reply #8020 on: April 16, 2012, 10:51:53 am »

I know most of those words were in English, but I have NO FUCKING CLUE what you're talking about. This is why I'm scared of multiplayer games. My newbness is like a tasty, gleaming pork chop to the pwnwolves.

That inherent tankiness and CC is part of what make her far more forgiving to play than a squishy burst ranged whore like Ahri.

Aaaaaand then RedKing was a zombie.

Seriously, half the reason I started playing LoL six months ago was because I was mystified by the arcane, impenetrable wall of jargon used to discuss it. And now I'm doing it.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Graves - The Harrowing Patch - 1.0.0.127
« Reply #8021 on: April 16, 2012, 11:57:56 am »

I know most of those words were in English, but I have NO FUCKING CLUE what you're talking about. This is why I'm scared of multiplayer games. My newbness is like a tasty, gleaming pork chop to the pwnwolves.

Aaaaaand then RedKing was a zombie.

Seriously, half the reason I started playing LoL six months ago was because I was mystified by the arcane, impenetrable wall of jargon used to discuss it. And now I'm doing it.

This
Yeah yeah yeah!

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8022 on: April 16, 2012, 03:50:37 pm »

As much as I love Maw of Malmortius, I'd recommend to get a RoA/Rylehs instead (especially ryleh)~

Maw of Malmortius works amazingly on shaco, mundo, kassadin & Trynd though
>Anything but Warmogsx3 Boots Atmas FoN is good on mundo.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

Seriously, though. Mundo with 6000 hp 300 AD and 300 hp regen forever (Not even with ult on) is just too good to pass up.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8023 on: April 17, 2012, 12:02:13 pm »

So based on a odd article on a never-heard-of-it website I bring news of a new mode (?) possibly released for League of Legends :
fusible.com/2012/04/supremacy-com-new-league-of-legends-supremacy-game-mode-is-on-its-way/

Can't wait to be the only one posting about it instead of dominion! I wonder, what do people want to see in a mode to make it both different from normal SR and worth playing? I like dominion and still play only it, but I seem to be the extreme minority since I get the same people in 4-5+ games in a row nowadays.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8024 on: April 17, 2012, 12:39:30 pm »

Completely baseless wild speculation: it'll be a 5-man free-for-all arena. Anyone other than tanky DPS need not apply.

Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 1067