Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272228 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #7845 on: March 31, 2012, 11:14:01 am »

Rupture has a ridiculously hard to see particle effect if you don't know what to look for. It's what (At least when I've played him) makes his jungle ganks so potent.
Anyways, Cho's an excellent champ once you learn to play him. A decent Cho brings cc and a wall of flesh to a team, and can fill as a top, jungler, or even a support bot (Played leona style). Troll building into as or ad is also surprisingly effective, what with the highest base ad in the game (Tied with Skarner), and his E is about on par with TF's E in 4 hits.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7846 on: March 31, 2012, 11:54:58 am »

Rupture has a ridiculously hard to see particle effect if you don't know what to look for. It's what (At least when I've played him) makes his jungle ganks so potent.
Anyways, Cho's an excellent champ once you learn to play him. A decent Cho brings cc and a wall of flesh to a team, and can fill as a top, jungler, or even a support bot (Played leona style). Troll building into as or ad is also surprisingly effective, what with the highest base ad in the game (Tied with Skarner), and his E is about on par with TF's E in 4 hits.
But although the particle effect is hard to see, the time between the cast animation and the rupture proc is immensely long, so as soon as you see Cho stop, and start an animation, you have  about 1.5 sec to react. This can be very long time depending on the player.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: March 31, 2012, 12:11:51 pm »

Ever been the victim of getting OMGWTFBBQ'd from halfway across the jungle? The range is long enough on it it's not that hard to find a brush and sit there and do it. I don't think it reveals you when you cast it.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: March 31, 2012, 12:19:04 pm »

Thanks. I do like the rupture, it's useful for ganking, chasing, running and various situations. How would I go about jungling with Cho? I don't have much experience with it, but doesn't jungling require a decent amount of sustain, like Warwick? Or do I just take the damage or kite the neutrals?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: March 31, 2012, 12:29:00 pm »

Jungle Cho is pretty good. He's got great sustain, and you'll never really lose the jungle to hardcore, but he has trouble dominating. Red and blue buff aren't too amazing on him (but that does mean you can donate them more freely), his ganks are good but suffer a ton against anyone with a dash, and not too many enemy junglers will be afraid of him. He does have the ability to walk into your jungle and feast things for 1000 damage, making counterjungling super easy, but overall I'd just say he's above average.

He's one of the weirdest junglers. On paper, he should be nearly god-tier, but he rarely seems to work out that way. Still, if you like Cho and need a jungler, he's never a really bad choice.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: March 31, 2012, 12:43:59 pm »

Went 6/7/25 with Taric last night. (the 7 deaths almost entirely due to an overfed Fiora). It's not like I need another support in the stable, but he's just too good. Dat ranged stun is so boss when you're laning with a carry with a skillshot. Early on, it was me and Ashe against Kayle and Kassadin, and we were just abusing them. Ashe could plink from range, and anytime they tried to close, I'd stun them and Ashe could bust out the *big* arrow on them.

In teamfights, I basically got to choose who died first. (Other than Fiora, who was tanky like a battleship and yet had 220+ AD).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: March 31, 2012, 01:29:23 pm »

It is 40 minutes in. Your team just got 3 kills. What should you do?

A) Baron, because it'll probably be an easy win.
B) Farm top, mid, and bot, and then counterjungle while your jungler is furiously pinging baron because it would be an easy win. Then try to baron as the entire enemy team spawns, so they have time to run up to you and ace you and then steal baron for an easy win.

My team thought the latter was the better option.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: March 31, 2012, 01:53:04 pm »

Thanks. I do like the rupture, it's useful for ganking, chasing, running and various situations. How would I go about jungling with Cho? I don't have much experience with it, but doesn't jungling require a decent amount of sustain, like Warwick? Or do I just take the damage or kite the neutrals?
Do you know Stonewall008? If not, he's probably the best jungler who actually makes guides, look him up on youtube, he has just about everybody you'd want to jungle. That Lebonk jungle....
He had quite a bit to say about Chogath in the jungle. Summed up, he was about as healthy as Fiddlesticks past the first clear, and he could clear with just cloth armor and one (IIRC) red soda. Oh, and that was in the old, hard-mode jungle. Now, a level 30 with just masteries can clear the entire thing with just cloth armor. The only things you need to learn is how to gank, and the tricks to jungling with a tank.
It is 40 minutes in. Your team just got 3 kills. What should you do?

A) Baron, because it'll probably be an easy win.
B) Farm top, mid, and bot, and then counterjungle while your jungler is furiously pinging baron because it would be an easy win. Then try to baron as the entire enemy team spawns, so they have time to run up to you and ace you and then steal baron for an easy win.

My team thought the latter was the better option.
Never baron if you don't need it. If you'd get an easy win with baron, if you'd pushed you would have had an easier win. If you need baron, it won't be an easy win even with the buff. I remember someone saying earlier in this thread something along these lines.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: March 31, 2012, 02:10:15 pm »

Never baron if you don't need it. If you'd get an easy win with baron, if you'd pushed you would have had an easier win. If you need baron, it won't be an easy win even with the buff. I remember someone saying earlier in this thread something along these lines.

We needed it, trust me. Team fights were pretty much 50/50 and we needed something to push us over the edge into winning. The problem is that the enemy team also needed that to finish the game.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: March 31, 2012, 02:19:03 pm »

Then baron wouldn't be enough to win on its own. You could have just gone with it and pushed and maybe taken an inhib or two to give yourself the edge.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: March 31, 2012, 06:48:46 pm »

Then they still didn't do the right thing. When you have a 5-2 advantage on the map, you push and push HARD. Not farm.

This sorta ties into a common irritant for me, which is that way too many people focus on kills and less on strategic position. Instead of exploiting a "power play"-type situation where you outnumber the enemy by knocking down some towers and improving your overall position, people will waste their advantage trying to track down and gank the remaining team members (and often in so doing get backdoored by a stealth champ or led right into a countergank when all those dead enemy team members show up at once.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: March 31, 2012, 07:55:34 pm »

Hmm... There's an appropriate comic to post here. Let me go dig it up.
Found it!

Basically, you assume that "Stop farming we should baron" is what you were saying. What the others were probably thinking was "Ok, we have the advantage, we should push. No, you idiot, we need to pus top/mid/bot not baron." The problem is that odds are you didn't have a good split push team, and since everybody went to x lane to push instead of all going mid or what have you, they didn't accomplish a lot. IMO, you should have gone to mid and helped out whoever was pushing it, instead of wasting your time at baron.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: March 31, 2012, 08:18:06 pm »

I think the top panels are more common  :P

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: March 31, 2012, 09:03:27 pm »

The thing about cho is that you want to get focused. A mid/late game cho should be godlike unkillable. Your damage can and will fall off if you build right, that's something you have to deal with. Focus on keeping their attention on you, while also surviving. 6 stacks on ult 24/7 are a must, and GA is pretty much core for him. RoA should be your first big item, Frozen Heart is a great second item, but you can switch it up with FoN (You'll want both in the end, though) if you want, I'd say GA third, then lastly, if the game is for some god forsaken reason still going, go ahead and grab a rabadons or abyssal if you are getting hurt by a lot of mdamage. Zhonya's is a nono, though.

Finished build should be Merc's, RoA, FH, FoN, GA, and Rabadons.

If you're having problems in teamfights, pick the squishiest carry and r them right off the bat, then drop q and w and just right click. Get in the way of their skill shots, and make them want you out of the way. If, for some godforsaken reason, your team can't kill them, you've lost. Cho can't carry games like a ranged AD, and he can't even heavily influence them like, say, Lee Sin can.

tl;dr - That's pretty much what you want. Your carries need to be the ones making the forward progression on kills/assists.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: April 01, 2012, 12:40:34 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But that is just hotshotgg wearing different shirts and a wig!

What does that have to do with the common man?
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1067