Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272270 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #7830 on: March 30, 2012, 12:45:50 pm »

Orianna's not really an assassin but you are short on mages. I'd recommend her because I'm on an Orianna kick, but she's super hard to play properly, be warned. A simpler mage that's still quite powerful is Morgana.
She's not, but I found that she can still do an impressive amount of burst damage to single targets if she can chain her abilities properly. I'm using "assassin" here to mean a champ that's built to take on single targets with little in the way of area damage. The opposite of "pusher", if you will.

She's also 1500 IP cheaper. There's also the fact that she's far more uncommon so people are less well-versed in how to play to counter her. Everybody knows Morgana. I'm actually kind partial to obscure champs just because it leaves people a bit off-balance. Plus, I get less "everybody knows with that champ you buy A, B, C, D and *then* E! fukin n00b lrn2play::)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: March 30, 2012, 01:00:05 pm »

Orianna's not really an assassin but you are short on mages. I'd recommend her because I'm on an Orianna kick, but she's super hard to play properly, be warned. A simpler mage that's still quite powerful is Morgana.
She's not, but I found that she can still do an impressive amount of burst damage to single targets if she can chain her abilities properly. I'm using "assassin" here to mean a champ that's built to take on single targets with little in the way of area damage. The opposite of "pusher", if you will.

She's also 1500 IP cheaper. There's also the fact that she's far more uncommon so people are less well-versed in how to play to counter her. Everybody knows Morgana. I'm actually kind partial to obscure champs just because it leaves people a bit off-balance. Plus, I get less "everybody knows with that champ you buy A, B, C, D and *then* E! fukin n00b lrn2play::)

You want an obscure champ? Get Karma. She's also a mage to boot!

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7832 on: March 30, 2012, 01:33:17 pm »

You want an obscure champ? Get Karma. She's also a mage to boot!
This.
Nobody plays Karma ---> Nobody sees Karma
Nobody sees Karma ---> Nobody plays against Karma
Nobody plays against Karma ---> Nobody knows how to counter Karma
Nobody knows how to counter Karma ---> Nobody beats you when you play Karma
Nobody beats you when you play Karma ---> Infinite IP and endless amount of victories.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: March 30, 2012, 01:45:35 pm »

Although... the remake in the works is pushing her more towards support than mage I think. She's definitely at the top of the "who is that, I don't know what that champion does!" list, though. I still love leashing people that don't know what she does and watching them run around in a panic. :D
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: March 30, 2012, 02:25:00 pm »

The rework was supposed to push her towards support, I thought. You know, by giving her CC and stuff, which is the reason she's not a good support now.

Anyways, I just played against a jungle shaco without smite. He was consistently underleveled and had bad ganks because of it, got his buffs stolen multiple times, then went 1/4 and rage quit. Why do people even try this?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: March 30, 2012, 03:03:05 pm »

The rework was supposed to push her towards support, I thought. You know, by giving her CC and stuff, which is the reason she's not a good support now.

Anyways, I just played against a jungle shaco without smite. He was consistently underleveled and had bad ganks because of it, got his buffs stolen multiple times, then went 1/4 and rage quit. Why do people even try this?

Cause they think since shaco is banned so much hes op.... big mistake. The most op thing about him is his early game damage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: March 30, 2012, 04:10:27 pm »

Yeah, and I'm loath to buy a champ I've never tried. I'm keen to retry LeBlanc now, actually. When I tried her out before, she seemed like too much work to play, but now after playing Ahri and Orianna, I feel like I grasp the whole "chained-abilities" type of character a good deal better now.

I guess I'm leaning towards Orianna at this point. She's cheaper, she's less well-known, and she has that cool not-quite-GLaDOS voice thing going for her. I'm thinking the same Mastery page would work for all three. (cooldowns, mana, spellvamp, AP)

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: March 30, 2012, 04:15:11 pm »

That's a sort of odd mage page. Spellvamp is okay on some champions, but probably just ones that are manaless or Annie.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: March 30, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »

I like spellvamp on champs who have low-cooldown abilities. With somebody like Ahri, you're firing off abilities constantly.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: March 30, 2012, 11:22:54 pm »

Especially on Ahri, you must have blue 24/7 to be firing off everything as it comes off cooldown. Also, unless your name begins with Ken, and ends with nen (Or ryze, I guess. There are a handful of exceptions, none of the ones you listed are them), you really shouldn't go 9/0/21 masteries on an ap caster. There's just too much to be gained going 21 into the offensive tree. Reaching 100 ap with a couple of dorans rings will win your lane harder than 3% spell vamp and 6% cdr could come close to. Try out 21/0/9 then say with a straight face that 9/0/21 is better.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: March 31, 2012, 12:10:12 am »

Been on a horrible losing streak lately. I don't know what it is. I've been trying to get better with Ezreal in normals, but Caitlyn just dunks on me every time. Take my last game, Caitlyn and Alistar. Or a few games before that, Caitlyn and Lulu. And oh god, Caitlyn and Sona.

As someone who's got less autoattack range than she does, what do I do? I play passively but I seem to lose the moment she starts pushing up against my tower.

I managed to win her in one game by grabbing some armor, but then comes the quadra-gank from out of our blue.

RAAAAAAGE. My scores with Ezreal were typically 10-12 kills with 1-4 deaths, but lately, I've been going 6/6/7, 0/6/13. Pretty bad :[.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:13:14 am by xDarkz »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: March 31, 2012, 12:26:45 am »

Ah, jungle Alistar. I'm not very good at him.

I still suffer from this thing around midgame called "being midgame alistar". Ganks are less likely to happen, and there are no real team fights yet. This plagues my support alistar as well.

Luckily lategame he tanks harder than support cause he has more gold.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: March 31, 2012, 06:36:56 am »

Is Cho'gath somewhat balanced? Would he be a possible pick at higher elos? I started off using Ryze as my main but I've since switched to mainly playing Cho'gath. I enjoy playing him but I was just wondering whether he's one of those underpowered and thus never used champions.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7843 on: March 31, 2012, 07:47:58 am »

Is Cho'gath somewhat balanced? Would he be a possible pick at higher elos? I started off using Ryze as my main but I've since switched to mainly playing Cho'gath. I enjoy playing him but I was just wondering whether he's one of those underpowered and thus never used champions.
He is rarely used because there are other tanks which are easier to play. Cho needs to place his Q with precise, and people don't like that. If you can land it well, go ahead, I'd say Cho is a very valid pick.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: March 31, 2012, 10:39:04 am »

He is rarely used because there are other tanks which are easier to play. Cho needs to place his Q with precise, and people don't like that. If you can land it well, go ahead, I'd say Cho is a very valid pick.

This. I absolutely adore Cho'Gath. There is no better thing than watching two people towerdive you only to have them caught in a rupture and one of them eaten, giving you that extra health you need to stomp out the other one. Cho is underplayed now, though, and I never see him. Most people can't avoid a well-placed Rupture. In fact, I believe Rupture is pretty much the only AoE skillshot I can hit. (partly because it's harder to see than a lot of AoE's). At higher Elo's, you might have trouble because they know to dodge the Rupture.
Also often called Boowells.
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1067