Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272274 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #7815 on: March 27, 2012, 09:29:33 pm »

Support blitz is so fun, as long as the AD carry actually focuses the guy you grab. I had a vayne last night who never ever attacked Soraka when I grabbed her, instead jumping their graves who was focusing me with Soraka. It made me sad, considering it seemed like me grabbing a low health support happened to be a death sentence. For me.

Aside from ranting. Getting a good grab or stun in at a clutch moment has to be one of the most rewarding moments in the game. Up there with head shotting with Nidalee or across-the-map Ashe arrows

Nautilus is just as rewarding. He's like Blitzistar in a suit of armor. Getting off hooks with Nautilus and then rooting them while they die without hope to your team is a most awesome feeling. Plus it wins you games too.

Leona is fun too. She's like Nautilus and Blitzcrank, but with more stuns.

In fact, they all play really similar to eachother. They all have a shield of some sort, a dash/pull, an autoattack hard CC, and an AoE CC. They all have damage steroids, too, although Blitz's W is maybe a bit less of a damage steroid and more utility, rather.
Also often called Boowells.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: March 27, 2012, 10:34:46 pm »

Support blitz is so fun, as long as the AD carry actually focuses the guy you grab. I had a vayne last night who never ever attacked Soraka when I grabbed her, instead jumping their graves who was focusing me with Soraka. It made me sad, considering it seemed like me grabbing a low health support happened to be a death sentence. For me.

Aside from ranting. Getting a good grab or stun in at a clutch moment has to be one of the most rewarding moments in the game. Up there with head shotting with Nidalee or across-the-map Ashe arrows

Nautilus is just as rewarding. He's like Blitzistar in a suit of armor. Getting off hooks with Nautilus and then rooting them while they die without hope to your team is a most awesome feeling. Plus it wins you games too.

Leona is fun too. She's like Nautilus and Blitzcrank, but with more stuns.

In fact, they all play really similar to eachother. They all have a shield of some sort, a dash/pull, an autoattack hard CC, and an AoE CC. They all have damage steroids, too, although Blitz's W is maybe a bit less of a damage steroid and more utility, rather.

I find Nautilus's hook to be the best combination of dash and pull. You're not pulling them into your team where if you accidentally grab Amumu or something you're screwed (Blitz, Skarner [this has happened]), but at the same time you're not flying forward and tanking for your life while your team catches up (Maokai, Leona).

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7817 on: March 28, 2012, 03:38:17 am »

Imagine if you'd have a champion with Nautilus' passive, Nautilus' pull, Blitz pull, Amumu pull, and Urgot ulti.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: March 28, 2012, 06:14:26 am »

I'd prefer naut pull + ammumu pull + skarner ult + naut shield

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: March 28, 2012, 09:20:01 am »

Jesus fuck pubs how are you this stupid.

I keep getting ganked by Shaco in the top part of the jungle, but whatever, fuck blue buff. So no one comes to help me, even though I almost get the fucker multiple times and when I ask why our mid declares that I should have bought wards, even though I knew where he was. His response to that was apparently not. What the fuck does that even mean you fucking twat.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: March 28, 2012, 09:55:11 am »

Why didn't anyone tell me Orianna was this fun? I played her Monday night and she's basically my favorite mage now. I feel so terrible at her but I desperately want to be good.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7821 on: March 28, 2012, 10:14:06 am »

Who am I playing? Should be easy to guess.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: March 28, 2012, 10:29:08 am »

... Mundo? singed? ... dont say its garen?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7823 on: March 28, 2012, 11:03:08 am »

... Mundo? singed? ... dont say its garen?
Singed ult gives only 65 hp/5 at level 3. Mundo ult heals for +80% of max hp over the time.

That should point it out well enough ;)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: March 28, 2012, 03:44:23 pm »

It's Mundo, but around 3/4 build. I'd believe if it was a full build (Maybe more hp than a proper tank should have) Volibear.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: March 29, 2012, 02:32:08 am »

I'm depressed. Played two-three games today and ended up losing all of them. I went positive, despite being counter-jungled up the rear by a fed Nautilus. I was 6/2/3 around the 20 minute mark. I was playing with my brother and he was doing pretty poorly too, but that's because his AD carry (Urgot) didn't want to initiate when he (Shen) taunted the Ezreal. Annie was against Karthus and despite me coming over and him having to waste flash, she died. There was also a Udyr top that died to Kennan a couple of times because he jumped on Kennan whilst being low, to try and KS me, in turn, giving Kennan a kill for a 1-and-1 exchange.

Urgot went 2/4, Annie went 3/8, Udyr went 0/10, Shen went 3/10, and at the end of the game, I went 6/5. A couple of minutes of trash talking and condescending the jungler for not ganking enough, Urgot told me I sucked. I'm pretty frustrated at this point so I just report him for refusing to communicate with team cause he just gave up and farmed after his second death.

I was really surprised when I realized their elos to be in the 1500's. I can't even bump mine past 1200 albeit going positive every game and having a great attitude about everything. Checking his stats, Urgot goes negative in most of his ranked games. I am depressed :[.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: March 29, 2012, 10:25:51 am »

Why didn't anyone tell me Orianna was this fun? I played her Monday night and she's basically my favorite mage now. I feel so terrible at her but I desperately want to be good.
Iknorite? Love that you can fling that ball to do damage on the way in,  pop your W and slow everybody nearby, then ult and do major AoE damage. And then just to add insult to injury, pop E to do damage on the way back to you as you shield yourself (or shield an ally in a teamfight who's in trouble).

Positioning becomes everything with her, but the payoff is signficant. She's sort of somewhere between LeBlanc and Ahri, imho. All three are squishy AP mana hogs and need to chain their abilities to be effective, but can do significant burst damage. Each has a little bit of CC but is mostly good at focusing down single targets. Orianna's a bit different in that if you play her right, you can keep her body out of harm's way and do all the work with the ball, so it's harder to counter her with an area CC or aura.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: March 30, 2012, 09:52:02 am »

This is the week of Urgot for me. Starting Dominion games with a Brutaliser seems.. rather strong. His damage output is eye watering, as long as you manage to land your corrosive charge. In one initial bot lane encounter, I killed an unfortunate Caitlyn in about 4 hits with the EQQQ combination.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: March 30, 2012, 12:11:43 pm »

Almost up to 6300 IP now. Trying to settle on a new champ, thinking one of the ranged assassin types (LeBlanc, Ahri, Orianna, etc.)

At the same time, I want to round out my stable so that I can fill whatever team need there might be. Right now I've got:

Alistar
Garen
Kayle
Malphite
Master Yi
Poppy
Tristana
Sivir
Soraka
Xin Zhao

Any thoughts?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: March 30, 2012, 12:15:19 pm »

Orianna's not really an assassin but you are short on mages. I'd recommend her because I'm on an Orianna kick, but she's super hard to play properly, be warned. A simpler mage that's still quite powerful is Morgana.
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1067