Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272259 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #7800 on: March 25, 2012, 02:49:48 pm »

Or you are singed and they have to commit 4-5 guys.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: March 25, 2012, 04:35:33 pm »

I think Umi suggested something similar once, it involved TF who besides having good push capabilities has that nice teleport of his. Just get some g/5 items and runes to offset all the time you'll spend dead :)

Tiamat-AD-Teleport-Revive TF with Greater Quintessences of Revival, Greater Seals of Avarice, utility tree specced. Hilarity ensues. Also, I discovered Zilean again. There is nothing like the "TY" of a grateful teammate being saved from a towerdive.

AP/lichbane is a faster push I think.

Also you aren't allowed to kill people but you can make them scared to run them off sometimes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: March 26, 2012, 07:27:13 am »

Okay, so what's the best way to practice jungling? Custom games full of bots? I've only ever jungled once or twice and I was terribad at it, because I didn't know which spawns were what, or what order I should take them down.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7803 on: March 26, 2012, 08:50:01 am »

Okay, so what's the best way to practice jungling? Custom games full of bots? I've only ever jungled once or twice and I was terribad at it, because I didn't know which spawns were what, or what order I should take them down.
Play normal games and see the routes your allies play. Practising in bot games isn't all that useful in my opinion.

The new jungle creeps aren't all that hard so you can jungle literally everyone with cloth armor + 5 pots, runes and masteries just speed you up immensely.
Usually you want to start at Blue/Red, ask your team to pull it. If you started at blue, then go to wolves (or usually start at wolves and THEN take Blue), wraiths and golems, then take Red. If you start at Red, you probably should go take golems, then wraiths, wolves and then Blue.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: March 26, 2012, 09:47:29 am »

Hmm...that makes sense (doing Red/Blue 1st to speed things up), but that would require coordination. I was thinking of working on my jungling skills for those games where everybody else speaks Portuguese, so I could lone-wolf it.

Though now at least I understood why somebody asked me to "leash the golem" the other night. Had no clue what he was talking about.  :-[

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7805 on: March 26, 2012, 11:51:56 am »

Hmm...that makes sense (doing Red/Blue 1st to speed things up), but that would require coordination. I was thinking of working on my jungling skills for those games where everybody else speaks Portuguese, so I could lone-wolf it.

Though now at least I understood why somebody asked me to "leash the golem" the other night. Had no clue what he was talking about.  :-[

Yeah, leashing means you attack the monster once and then leave (or if needed, attack a little bit more). Some people think it only means "watch my ass that the enemies won't gank", which is occasionally troublesome.

Also, played Shen. He is quite fun.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: March 26, 2012, 12:57:30 pm »

Does that say 460 /5 HP regen??  :o

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: March 26, 2012, 02:04:47 pm »

Uh holy crap that's a lot of health regen. Is that temporary from attacking a Q target?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: March 26, 2012, 06:12:03 pm »

Guides, practice, guides, practice, and more practice.

At first pick one common jungler you want to get good with. Nocturne is probably the simplest one out there right now, but others like Mundo, Udyr, Shyvana, or Warwick will do just as well. Usually you'll go wolves -> blue -> wraiths -> wolves -> red -> small golems.

Buffs respawn in 5 minutes, dragon in 6, and baron in 7.

I too found jungling pretty daunting at first and you'll feel pretty useless for the first few games probably, but you just have to find a jungler that clicks with you, and branch out after you've mastered that jungler.

Personally I play Nautilus jungle and own every game, but his playstyle also leaves me in a bad position to transition over to one of the more common jungles. The only other one I have confidence in playing is Nocturne, but I could probably get by with Warwick too just because he's so simple.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: March 26, 2012, 07:57:42 pm »

Two trolls on my team, and an asshole olaf on the enemy team. You know the type. When we asked the enemy team to report our trolls, he was just like "No, we owned you because you're all bad." Like, is it really hard to accept that you won because the enemy team had a feeder? Is that too damaging to your ego?

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7810 on: March 27, 2012, 02:22:17 am »

Uh holy crap that's a lot of health regen. Is that temporary from attacking a Q target?
Yeah, the Q heal increased my regen. Basic regen was 302 hp/5, which is quite much on it's own.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: March 27, 2012, 02:33:23 am »

People are so quick to adapt any champ/build/meta they see in big plays, but why do they never take over the useful stuff?

Guard jungle. You can stand under your tower for 1:30 or stand near the jungle entrance and be useful - wouldn't even care if they would actually go into there lane bush instead.
Take golems when the jungler says it's k.
Pull without resetting it, ffs - even in higher elo and with lvl 20+s, not fucking up the jungler forever is apparently a big deal.
Know what last hitting is.
Push your top lane if there are 5 enemys bot lane - or get down here.
Don't be that kinda dick that steals minion waves from 3 lanes and steals the junglers buffs only to come back at min. 40:27 "Time to carry u nubs, haha"
Know there is more to the game then k/d. That fiddles that ulted into the enemy baron taking team? Yeah he won you the game. That rammus that tanked 5 of them for 20 sec in the big teamfight? Yeah he won you the game, not your "aw3sume k1ll5s, nubs"
Get boots before 25:00-

/ranting away

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: March 27, 2012, 10:22:38 am »

You know, your elo is probably too low. The people at my normal game range have most of that down pat.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: March 27, 2012, 02:47:42 pm »

Support blitz is so fun, as long as the AD carry actually focuses the guy you grab. I had a vayne last night who never ever attacked Soraka when I grabbed her, instead jumping their graves who was focusing me with Soraka. It made me sad, considering it seemed like me grabbing a low health support happened to be a death sentence. For me.

Aside from ranting. Getting a good grab or stun in at a clutch moment has to be one of the most rewarding moments in the game. Up there with head shotting with Nidalee or across-the-map Ashe arrows
Yeah yeah yeah!

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: March 27, 2012, 07:29:04 pm »

Support blitz is so fun, as long as the AD carry actually focuses the guy you grab. I had a vayne last night who never ever attacked Soraka when I grabbed her, instead jumping their graves who was focusing me with Soraka. It made me sad, considering it seemed like me grabbing a low health support happened to be a death sentence. For me.

Aside from ranting. Getting a good grab or stun in at a clutch moment has to be one of the most rewarding moments in the game. Up there with head shotting with Nidalee or across-the-map Ashe arrows

Nautilus is just as rewarding. He's like Blitzistar in a suit of armor. Getting off hooks with Nautilus and then rooting them while they die without hope to your team is a most awesome feeling. Plus it wins you games too.
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1067