Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272289 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #7785 on: March 22, 2012, 07:04:19 am »

DPS Lulu, sound good? Pix deals 3 + 2 x level damage per bolt, which means 39 at level 18. And since she fires 3 bolts per attack, Pix deals 117 damage per attack (unless blocked by another enemy). If you have 2.000 Attack speed, Pix deals quite high damage on top of Lulu's basic attack damage + on-hit effects.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: March 22, 2012, 04:55:27 pm »

Lulu is the terror of the laning phase. She has a great burst combo with EQ which also leaves the opponent slowed, and she can dish out a downright crazy movespeed buff. 35% MS for like six seconds, at first level. The ult also helps with chasing and diving. OR she plays protection support, using Q to disrupt enemy movement, ER for some insane burst health/knockup and W to prevent people from attacking.

The reason she has not been decreed OP yet is because it is challenging to use her skills optimally. You want to have skills with aiming Q even when Pix is god knows where. You want to know when and why to use which skill, essentially. And that's great, it forces you to make decisions. Xypherous = my hero :P

She also has a great voiceset. Every champion should recommend skipping and make kinaesthetic remarks.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: March 22, 2012, 06:23:04 pm »

Yup, that tasted purple.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: March 22, 2012, 07:50:08 pm »

Olaf is so good. I love him.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: March 22, 2012, 08:05:56 pm »

Oh, man. Lost a match on Twisted Treeline. Fiora is too good against an all-melee team. Darn duelist characters.

But I don't mind! You know what? There was no shittalking! For the most part, we were quiet and when all our inhibitors were gone, we held out and farmed. When we got back both of our inhibitors and had farmed up around 15k gold, I said, "We can do this!"
Shaco replied, "Yea."

And we lost anyway, because Poppy focused the tank at the ending fight instead of Fiora, but oh well.
The enemy team was shittalking eachother constantly, even while they got 4-6 dragons throughout the game. I feel like we won, even if we lost the actual game.

It's times like these when I actually like League of Legends.

EDIT: 50% off Leona. MUST GET RP MUST GET RP MUST GET RP. Leona is pretty much one of my favorite characters.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:10:46 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: March 23, 2012, 12:12:36 am »

Had my first match with Orianna. Me likey. Plays a lot like Ahri -- high mana cost, low cooldowns, can do a metric shit-ton of damage if you chain her abilities right. Feels like somewhat less damage in return for more area crowd control.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: March 23, 2012, 04:18:03 am »

Next randrom to insta-log-jungle-lulu will be ip tracked and violated with his own keyboard.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: March 24, 2012, 09:43:23 pm »

We should all get together and make a ranked 5s team to screw around with some night.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: March 25, 2012, 07:40:38 am »

What are your guys' opinions on jungle Malphite? I mean, I like Malphite as a champion, but I hate going top with him because all you can do is throw his pathetic Q. I know he's highly based around armor and he has decent AoE damage for creep clearing, plus he serves the niche for "pretty damn good initiation, so long as your team can follow up."

Most all of my jungle games have been failures though. One lane or the other completely dies. What am I supposed to do in those situations where ganking would result in heavy losses? Do I just continue to farm, despite my teammates' cries for help? Any advice? I usually start cloth+5pot for safety, but I'm considering doing boots+3pot just because Malphite is pretty efficient at clearing Blue safely anyway.

Mastery of jungle Malphite is now a goal of mine.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:29:19 am by Knirisk »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7794 on: March 25, 2012, 07:48:15 am »

What are your guys' opinions on jungle Malphite? I mean, I like Malphite as a champion, but I hate going top with him because all you can do is throw his pathetic Q. I know he's highly based around armor and he has decent AoE damage for creep clearing, plus he serves the niche for "pretty damn good initiation, so long as your team can follow up."

Most all of my jungle games have been failures though. One lane or the other completely dies. What am I supposed to do in those situations where ganking would result in heavy losses? Do I just continue to farm, despite my teammates' cries for help? Any advice? I usually start cloth+5pot for safety, but I'm considering doing boots+3pot just because Malphite is pretty efficient at clearing Blue safely anyway.
Malphite is a good jungle. His ganks are good when he hits level 6.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: March 25, 2012, 10:20:16 am »

Alright, champs I feel really confident playing:

Annie, Wukong, Nasus, Cho'Gath, Swain, Ryze.

Note the distinct lack of junglers/AD carries (not counting non-aggressive supports). Maybe Vayne is more suited to my playstyle, because I like to play Tristana, but I always end up in the middle of the fighting and/or focused down by bruisers.

I'm considering learning jungle Cho'Gath instead, because all you see now are Lee Sin/Shaco, constantly, and I've heard that Cho'Gath can jungle pretty easily because of his AoE and sustain.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: March 25, 2012, 01:37:13 pm »

I have a question: what is the viability of having a feeding pusher champ? Like, you know how less gold is given when a player is killed while on a losing streak?

What if that losing streak champ were just like Tristana or a champion with similar pushing power like Sivir? They would stay completely away from fights and the like, but they would continually push lanes far away and be a general hassle to the enemy team to deal with because of their turret-killing potential?

Like, a team based around 3 tanky characters to protect towers and two AD carries to push and die for the team on separate lanes? The goal, obviously, would be to end the game as quickly as possible.

Troll game, obviously, but it'd be fun to try sometime.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: March 25, 2012, 02:28:48 pm »

I think Umi suggested something similar once, it involved TF who besides having good push capabilities has that nice teleport of his. Just get some g/5 items and runes to offset all the time you'll spend dead :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: March 25, 2012, 02:40:08 pm »

I think Umi suggested something similar once, it involved TF who besides having good push capabilities has that nice teleport of his. Just get some g/5 items and runes to offset all the time you'll spend dead :)

Tiamat-AD-Teleport-Revive TF with Greater Quintessences of Revival, Greater Seals of Avarice, utility tree specced. Hilarity ensues. Also, I discovered Zilean again. There is nothing like the "TY" of a grateful teammate being saved from a towerdive.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: March 25, 2012, 02:43:05 pm »

I have a question: what is the viability of having a feeding pusher champ? Like, you know how less gold is given when a player is killed while on a losing streak?

What if that losing streak champ were just like Tristana or a champion with similar pushing power like Sivir? They would stay completely away from fights and the like, but they would continually push lanes far away and be a general hassle to the enemy team to deal with because of their turret-killing potential?

Like, a team based around 3 tanky characters to protect towers and two AD carries to push and die for the team on separate lanes? The goal, obviously, would be to end the game as quickly as possible.

Troll game, obviously, but it'd be fun to try sometime.

Part of being a split pusher is being strong enough to kill any single champ that comes to stop you.  They have to commit two guys to dealing with you and then your team has a numbers advantage.  If you're feeding then that won't work.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1067