Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272381 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fiora, the Grand Duelist - 1.0.0.135
« Reply #7770 on: March 20, 2012, 08:09:00 am »

Eh, I think the runes/masteries are just meant for survival since he recommended a highly aggressive laning. I mean, do junglers run gp10? (actual question. I don't think so, but I'm not sure.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7771 on: March 20, 2012, 09:03:25 am »

Eh, I think the runes/masteries are just meant for survival since he recommended a highly aggressive laning. I mean, do junglers run gp10? (actual question. I don't think so, but I'm not sure.
I don't see why not. Many tanky junglers nowadays start with the Regen pendant, then build Philostone and Heart of Gold.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: March 20, 2012, 10:02:58 am »

From the Lulu spotlight:

Quote from: Phreak
Though Lulu is a support, I play her as a jungler.
Not that I complain, since I like junglers, but this seemed like a joke at first. But no, he actually recommends jungle runes.
oh come on, you know he jungles with everything, every, thing.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: March 20, 2012, 10:06:32 am »

Must... learn... jungle Lulu. Also build trinity force.

I've decided that Phreak is my spirit animal.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: March 20, 2012, 10:10:34 am »

LuLu feels like the first real support imo (*shrug*)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7775 on: March 20, 2012, 02:24:36 pm »

From the Lulu spotlight:

Quote from: Phreak
Though Lulu is a support, I play her as a jungler.
Not that I complain, since I like junglers, but this seemed like a joke at first. But no, he actually recommends jungle runes.
oh come on, you know he jungles with everything, every, thing.
And so do I. I love jungling. Don't matter if it is a tank, dps or a mage (or a support), get me into jungle and you're bound to see some hot champ-on-golem action.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: March 20, 2012, 03:41:45 pm »

Been jungling recently. It's so difficult! I have to predict where the game is going and it's hard. Normally I play AP mid or Tanky DPS top, so I don't have to have too much map awareness aside from "put ward at river. watch river for ganks."
Also often called Boowells.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: March 20, 2012, 03:58:44 pm »

Some junglers do run gp5.  But yeah, I'm pretty sure Phreak was joking when he said he played her as a jungler.

I've actually tried jungle Lulu though, and it's pretty decent. Her clear time isn't the greatest at first (it's not terrible though), but her ganks are great if you can land her q. I built her around an on hit build and it worked pretty well, I ended up going something like 8/7/9. Probably would have done a lot better if our Vlad didn't go 0/9. 

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: March 20, 2012, 11:28:28 pm »

-Sigh- Riot insists on nerfing neat champions and once again, demonstrate favoritism toward ones where you right click or hit a single skill and proceed to win.

I do not understand, I can't even fathom the amount of rage that has been occurring as of late. Fiora goes -MID- and proceeds to dominate our mid-lane AP carry. Level six hits, she's guaranteed a kill if he hadn't backed. I try to gank her pre-six but her lunge and movement steroid allows her to run away, every time. If I manage to stun her? She ULTS and either takes out our AP carry or becomes untargettable long enough to daze and confuse us, and then uses her speed to run away yet again. She's essentially Tryndamere with Master Yi's ultimate on her Burst of Speed.

Why... oh why... didn't they nerf her? I don't understand.

Also, the new item is nice... new items are always nice... but I feel that it's just going to make pubstomping champions like Olaf, Tryndamere, Sion, and Mundo, proceed to become even more dangerous...

Also, I rage at blue buff nerf. Sorry guys, I'm QQing pretty hard today. I love Lulu, but I don't like this patch one bit.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:55:59 pm by xDarkz »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: March 21, 2012, 12:04:39 am »

Why... oh why... didn't they nerf her? I don't understand.

She's not too ridiculously powerful. AP carries (except for Cassiopeia, naturally) probably have trouble dealing with her because of her innate steroids and her sustain. Burst casters have to be a bit more careful because of her double-gap closer, but her cooldowns are pretty large in comparison even to most burst casters. I think Riposte is the only one that's less than around 10 seconds. Another problem is that she's not particularly mana-intensive, unlike a lot of AP mids. Champs like Annie will have to manage their mana. Brand would probably have a reasonably tough time against Fiora because she can just dash out of W, his major damage source and it's very mana-intensive to constantly use EQ stun.

To be honest, though, I actually agree with you. I think Riot needs to do some rebalancing of the original characters. Riot seems to have a penchant for nerfing, rather than buffing champions. (Although, with the recent Shen buffs, maybe that's a good thing.) Some of the original characters just don't work all that well in comparison to the newer characters.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 12:08:36 am by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: March 21, 2012, 03:04:45 am »

They fixed the listed ap ratio for meditate.

It's 4.0

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: March 21, 2012, 08:19:15 am »

I miss Ezreal's heal...

LuLu's passive gives her so much power to zone, I got stomped by one as AD bot.
Thank you based dwarf.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #7782 on: March 21, 2012, 06:55:50 pm »

My friend wanted to try out Lulu so we were doing blind normals. I picked Kennan to go mid because she wanted an all yordle team. I faced a Zilean in mid-lane and he just endlessly harassed me with bombs and slows so I couldn't charge in and do my stun combo ._. (And even if I did, post-6, his ultimate allowed him to revive and proceed to blow me up). After his team gave him blue, it was pretty much over for little ol' me :[.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: March 21, 2012, 07:07:50 pm »

Well they don't want to make the original characters better.

They need the newer characters to be better for money.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: March 22, 2012, 05:11:09 am »

LuLu doesn't seem op until she plays with a competent AD, but when she does, dear god why...
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 1067