Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272376 times)

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fiora, the Grand Duelist - 1.0.0.135
« Reply #7755 on: March 18, 2012, 08:05:31 pm »

I can't even remember the last time I've seen a Rammus.

I prefer Nautilus and Shaco for broken strength ganks, myself.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: March 18, 2012, 08:38:19 pm »

I'd prefer Leona for broken strength ganks because of those stuns. Pity that she can't really jungle with any speed.
Also often called Boowells.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: March 18, 2012, 09:18:47 pm »

I'd prefer Leona for broken strength ganks because of those stuns. Pity that she can't really jungle with any speed.

She can make ganks broken for her jungler. If they're a strong CC jungle ganker then it's definitely a kill, if they're a quick DPS but little CC jungler, then she provides the CC they need.

This is the reason that Shyvanna got such amazing ganks off of bot lane last game. On another note, we came back from that game from having no inhibs and only our 2 nexus towers, while they had everything except 2 outer towers. We started winning every teamfight. Was epic.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: March 19, 2012, 02:38:26 am »

This game is making me insaaaaane.

Enemy team: shittons more CC than we do.
Our team: three AD carries.
Their team: a jungler
Our team: no jungler, MF disconnects for five minutes at 10 minutes into the game.

I decided not to queuedodge. I just laughed. And laughed. And we lost. And I shriveled up and died a little more tonight.

This game: duo-bot with a 210 ping Ezreal.

HAHA. HOHO. I'm waiting to see how many Q's he hits.
Well, we won. That wasn't too bad. I leveled Infuse as Soraka and he had infinite mana.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:18:52 am by Knirisk »

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: March 19, 2012, 04:09:29 am »

Ah Ezreal. I never really understood how Ezreal manages to carry games until now. He's got so much burst early game compared some other AD carries, it's crazy. I think it's a buy for me :], despite the apparent late game fall-off.

I'm saving up some RP to buy Lulu too. Finally, another support. Her kit is pretty interesting too.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: March 19, 2012, 04:42:24 am »

This game: duo-bot with a 210 ping Ezreal.

HAHA. HOHO. I'm waiting to see how many Q's he hits.

T_T, dun insult the playing ability of people with bad interwebs or people who are far from N.A.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: March 19, 2012, 06:05:28 am »

These days I prefer to level infuse on soraka.
over astral blessing, if possible.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: March 19, 2012, 09:15:35 am »

Tank != "Please go die for me so I can get a killing blow"

Had a match yesterday where we had me (Malphite), Galio, Ziggs, Ezreal and Fiora. Ezreal goes mid, Ziggs and Fiora go top and leave the two tanks together on the bottom. Wait, what?

Both of us tanks were like, "Uhhh...one of you needs to come down here." No reponse. Well...other than Fiora running straight up to the enemy tower and dying before minions even spawned. Oh, this bodes well.

Ezreal proceeds to leave his lane like two minutes in because "i had a good gank". No you didn't. Fiora was dead (again), Ziggs was 2v1 and getting his ass kicked. And now your gank failed, you're dead and they're hammering mid.

Meanwhile, Galio and I are holding our own against Yi and Kayle, but we lack the damage to do anything but hold the line.

Game deteriorated into teamfights way too early. Before long, Fiora just goes AFK completely. Galio goes top to help Ziggs and I'm left solo bot. Which actually works out okay...as long as I hug our tower, I can fend off two at a time and I'm getting good xp and gold from it. Eventually Ezreal shows up bot (once again abandoning mid) looking for a gank after I've done 90% of the work whittling them down. We push up to their tower, but our minion wave is dead, so I hang back and wait for the next one to arrive. Ezreal proceeds to run past me and get hammered by the tower. Cue ranting and bitching at me because "OMG ur supposed to tank the tower so I can get kills!!!!".

A: The bad guy you were chasing was outrunning you. You ain't gonna catch him.
B: With no minion wave here yet, and me not yet built up into uberarmored piece of rock, I'm going to take a lot of damage from that tower. And then probably get ganked. For no good reason.
C: Bite me, douche boy.

Of course we lose the match (although we lasted longer than I would have expected for a 4v5 with no coordination) and douche boy vocally blames me (and not the AFK Fiora or himself for playing Ezreal like a melee and running into the middle of fights over and over and dying).

Lately, my game pattern has been:
PvP 5-on-5: Defeat and RAEG.
Co-op Dominion: Yi+5 Zeals for the lolz. Victory and then eff this shit for the night, I got my IP bonus for the day.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is the fabled "ELO hell". I was doing good in PvP for a while, now I've lost like 4 or 5 straight because people suck and need to die.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: March 19, 2012, 09:18:36 am »

Ap yi with warmogs is so much more fun than it has any right to be.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: March 19, 2012, 09:27:39 am »

How does that even work? Other than having awesome staying power thanks to pumped-up Meditate...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: March 19, 2012, 09:48:32 am »

T_T, dun insult the playing ability of people with bad interwebs or people who are far from N.A.
I don't think it was meant as an insult, just that it's ridiculously hard to hit skillshots if the person you're aiming for isn't actually where you think they are.

Loving the look of this patch and of Lulu. It'll be interesting to see if her AP boosting skill does anything to bring more AP-focused champs to the bottom lane.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: March 19, 2012, 04:08:21 pm »

How does that even work? Other than having awesome staying power thanks to pumped-up Meditate...
You escape because you have a warmogs, and you almost always get the chance to meditate in (relative) peace.

You become a mundo/kat hybrid.

And your team constantly forces teamfights.

Are you winning? are you loosing?
Force a teamfight.

Everybody busy? powerfarm.

Main items: doran's ring, boots of swiftness/ionian/sorc, Rabadon, warmogs, lichbane, voidstaff, frozen heart,

It's kind of hard to start winning fights if your team is 10 kills down or something, but it can happen.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: March 19, 2012, 08:16:08 pm »

Ah Ezreal. I never really understood how Ezreal manages to carry games until now. He's got so much burst early game compared some other AD carries, it's crazy. I think it's a buy for me :], despite the apparent late game fall-off.

This is why I like Ezreal. I made an enemy Anivia ragequit at like level 3 because I killed her twice.

Honestly? I'm aware of how much lag time 200 ping gets. It really isn't a good idea to play a character who's all about the skill shots with a high ping. It doesn't mean you'll do bad, but it does mean that you have a significant disadvantage. On top of this, Ezreal falls off late game, so you have to do well in the early game.

These days I prefer to level infuse on soraka.
over astral blessing, if possible.

I do too. Except when I get a Graves who refuses to Buckshot against a Vayne/Corki bot combo. Seriously, what the hell. We could've dominated that lane if he'd have just harassed more and not autoattacked so much. I leveled Astral Blessing just because he was doing all of nothing with Infuse.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: March 20, 2012, 07:01:38 am »

Just bought Olaf, won my first 2 games as him so far, he is awesome :)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7769 on: March 20, 2012, 08:03:00 am »

From the Lulu spotlight:

Quote from: Phreak
Though Lulu is a support, I play her as a jungler.
Not that I complain, since I like junglers, but this seemed like a joke at first. But no, he actually recommends jungle runes.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 1067