Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272416 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fiora, the Grand Duelist - 1.0.0.135
« Reply #7725 on: March 09, 2012, 01:34:24 pm »

Just realized I have yet to play Ashe or Annie. Like, ever. I should probably fix that, just for the sake of completeness.
Ashe isn't necessay to play. Basically when you have played any ranged AD carry with frozen mallet, you've played Ashe.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: March 09, 2012, 01:43:08 pm »

Annie is also not really anything special.  She's sort of like the prototypical AP carry.  Play Brand instead.
Shoes...

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: March 09, 2012, 02:14:18 pm »

I've been playing Skarner for free week, and I think I've fallen in love. Sion, why can't you be as awesome as Skarner?
i know, right? im scratching my way up to 6300 again for him.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: March 09, 2012, 02:45:38 pm »

Annie is also not really anything special.  She's sort of like the prototypical AP carry.  Play Brand instead.

I recently discovered again why Brand is so awesome. I had forgotten how powerful he was.
Also often called Boowells.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: March 09, 2012, 03:45:39 pm »

I recently discovered again why Brand is so awesome. I had forgotten how powerful he was.
Funny thing -- Brand was the first champ I played after the tutorial (freebie that week). I didn't think he was all that great (of course, being an utter noob, I didn't understand how to chain his attacks or build items...)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: March 11, 2012, 07:10:44 am »

Saw Yorick on sale, whined to support how much I needed 37 RP to get my favourite champion, had to draw a picture of Jarvan -> 7 wins and a loss on Dominion, since Yorick is the bee's knees. Thug Lyfe
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: March 11, 2012, 07:31:47 am »

How in god's Earth do you fight with a half-decent Olaf on the other team? He builds mostly tank items and still capable of chunking down bars of health? Literally, this guy had Randiuns, Wriggles, Frozen Mallet, Boots, Force of Nature, and Ghostblade. Teamfight breaks out, I initiate as Shyvanna and tank most of the CC, stuns and what-not, so our Katarina can proceed to ULT. Olaf runs past me, I try and get him away from the squishies, but nope! Immune to CC ._. Several Reckless Swings later, Vicious Strike and Ragnarok active, our squishies were running if not dead.

Is he really that strong lategame? o_o

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: March 11, 2012, 07:36:27 am »

Had a match the other day where their Olaf laned with Ezrael and got fed early. Next thing I know, Olaf is gankmeister extraordinaire and jumping me 1v1 and taking me out (I was Kayle) in a matter of 2 seconds if I didn't have my ult handy. Massive burst damage.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: March 11, 2012, 08:37:27 am »

How in god's Earth do you fight with a half-decent Olaf on the other team? He builds mostly tank items and still capable of chunking down bars of health? Literally, this guy had Randiuns, Wriggles, Frozen Mallet, Boots, Force of Nature, and Ghostblade. Teamfight breaks out, I initiate as Shyvanna and tank most of the CC, stuns and what-not, so our Katarina can proceed to ULT. Olaf runs past me, I try and get him away from the squishies, but nope! Immune to CC ._. Several Reckless Swings later, Vicious Strike and Ragnarok active, our squishies were running if not dead.

Is he really that strong lategame? o_o

On maximum damage ratings, Olaf ranks above Fed Katarina, and Fed Yi, and Fed Brand.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: March 11, 2012, 10:12:08 am »

Steps to succeed in mid-
1) Buy urgot
2) play him once in a bot game to learn his skills
3)play 3 normals and do very well bot (first game was like 10-2, and similar thereafter)
4) buy his Battlecast Urgot skin
5) shit just got real son, begin calling mid, and carrying teams!
6) Understand that urgot is a rape face motherfucker that controls a large area around himself and initiates fights like a god!
7) play 20 games in one saturday afternoon with him to feel proficient
8) feel like a boss while posting on bay 12.
9) profit???
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: March 13, 2012, 07:25:28 am »

IMHO, any kind of ranged champ played with skill can flourish in mid. And if you're winning mid, you're going to wind up 1-3 levels higher than the rest of your team (unless you have a jungler and a successful solo top).

I usually completely own mid with MF, unless the enemy puts up a Graves. Dunno what it is about Graves, but he always gives me trouble.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7736 on: March 13, 2012, 09:51:57 am »

Spoiler: Close one? (click to show/hide)
First time I played Fiora, and she was quite fun. Too bad people aren't teamfighting in Dominion really, so Tiamats don't work so well there.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:17:36 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7737 on: March 14, 2012, 01:16:30 pm »

A 10 step guide on how to win every game in dominion.

1. Pick Yi
2. Take Revive + Ghost. Remember to have the defensive mastery and offensive mastery buffs for both of them. You need to go fast.
3. Start with boots of mobility. Call mid (the one above your spawn).
4. After capping your mid, instead of rushing to top, go cap the enemy mid. They will never try to defend it. Never. I mean, never.
5. Start capping every point you can, whenever you can.
6. Juke when chased. And remember, you will be chased. A lot.
7. Spam /t everywhere when there is an enemy champion nearby. Spam it when you juke, spam it when you attack, spam it when you cap points, spam it when you recall, spam it when you run.
  • Bind it to a key. You don't want to manually type /t all  the time.
8. Proceed to build 5 zeals when you die. Upgrade them into Phantom Dancers when your backpack is full.
9. Never autoattack unless you're defending or killing people. But since you're not focusing on either defending or killing (but instead, capping), you better not attack at all, ever.
10. Proceed to win the game.

Movement Speed quints if you have them, some defensive runes/masteries as well. Prioritize in leveling your ultimate whenever you can, then level Meditate first, since it allows you to stay in the field to cap points longer. I'd say max Alpha Strike second and Wuju Style last. You may take 1 point to Wuju style when you start the game (lvl 3) as it gives 15 AD passively, but don't level it further since it gains only 5 extra damage per level.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: March 14, 2012, 01:32:29 pm »

1. Pick Yi
2. Take Revive + Ghost. Remember to have the defensive mastery and offensive mastery buffs for both of them. You need to go fast.
4. After capping your mid, instead of rushing to top, go cap the enemy mid. They will never try to defend it. Never. I mean, never.
7. Spam /t everywhere when there is an enemy champion nearby. Spam it when you juke, spam it when you attack, spam it when you cap points, spam it when you recall, spam it when you run.
8. Proceed to build 5 zeals when you die. Upgrade them into Phantom Dancers when your backpack is full.
9. Never autoattack unless you're defending or killing people. But since you're not focusing on either defending or killing (but instead, capping), you better not attack at all, ever.

Movement Speed quints if you have them, some defensive runes/masteries as well. Prioritize in leveling your ultimate whenever you can, then level Meditate first, since it allows you to stay in the field to cap points longer. I'd say max Alpha Strike second and Wuju Style last. You may take 1 point to Wuju style when you start the game (lvl 3) as it gives 15 AD passively, but don't level it further since it gains only 5 extra damage per level.
That sounds almost as annoying as playing against a Singed.

Almost.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: March 14, 2012, 01:51:01 pm »

1. Pick Yi

I've thought of doing something like this before, but with Rammus and a maxed-out Powerball. Similarly high speed, and greater survivability.

Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 1067