Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272457 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fiora, the Grand Duelist - 1.0.0.135
« Reply #7695 on: March 06, 2012, 10:45:54 am »

Twitch has to be the laziest assassain character in the entire game. Most have to either be in melee range or limited to where or how they can hide. Twitch? Pop out of nowhere, spam poison, recieve bacon kills. I have on several occasion wanted to rage quit when I find I'm in lane with that rat.

But he is extremely squishy. And his damage is bad if he ahs no items (Expunge is good early on but later it gets more and more useless)
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7696 on: March 06, 2012, 10:46:32 am »

Twitch has to be the laziest assassain character in the entire game. Most have to either be in melee range or limited to where or how they can hide. Twitch? Pop out of nowhere, spam poison, recieve bacon kills. I have on several occasion wanted to rage quit when I find I'm in lane with that rat.
welcome to league of bullshit, dont look at the fed caitlyn
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: March 06, 2012, 11:43:39 am »

"Squishy" means jack shit in this game, and having bad damage with no item doesn't mean a lot when sustainability is far more important at the beginning

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7698 on: March 06, 2012, 01:01:28 pm »

"Squishy" means jack shit in this game, and having bad damage with no item doesn't mean a lot when sustainability is far more important at the beginning

With the current metagame of everyone playing a tanky deeps, squishies die too quick. And Twitch is among the weakest ones. Plus, if he pops his stealth for a fight, he can't escape. Debilitating poison isn't too great for running away.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: March 06, 2012, 01:11:06 pm »

Bruisers are powerful because they can dish out and take damage. This is why Ryze/Vladimir/Swain are such powerful AP carries. They're super tanky and yet still able to deal constant damage.

I see what you mean, though, with Twitch. I'm guessing part of the reason Twitch is such a ridiculous assassin is because people immediately run when a champion pops out of nowhere in addition to his good steroids. If Twitch ganks a duo-bot lane and their first reaction is to KILL the TWITCH, I'm betting that he probably wouldn't last very long at all. People don't have fast enough reaction times to kill Twitch before he starts causing major damage. It's why assassins work.
Also often called Boowells.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7700 on: March 06, 2012, 01:15:09 pm »

True dat. That's why I start boots+3 pots for pretty much any champ now. I don't need to kill you to win my lane, I just need to send you back to base a couple of times while I stay in lane soaking up that XP.

I should get a stealth champ. What's the peanut gallery opinion on best option to get? Teemo, Akali, Twitch, Shaco....

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: March 06, 2012, 01:18:02 pm »

I never complained that he wasn't hard to kill, I was complaining that it's easy for him to get fed.

'side, Twitch has a slow and most people take ghost with him. Not that had to escape with him

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7702 on: March 07, 2012, 12:38:50 am »

Tried my hand at Ahri for the 1st time. Me likey.

5/0/10, and probably would have been more like 9/0/6, except that I laned with Fiddle who got a fair number of accidental last-hit kills. Eats mana for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but oh that burst damage...and Archangel staff all day, every day.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7703 on: March 07, 2012, 07:21:01 pm »

I should get a stealth champ. What's the peanut gallery opinion on best option to get? Teemo, Akali, Twitch, Shaco....

Teemo has a nice kit, but i rarely ever use his stealth.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7704 on: March 08, 2012, 09:37:09 am »

Teemo has a nice kit, but i rarely ever use his stealth.
The problem with Teemo stealth is this:

Teemo sits in the same place all day and does nothing. Mission accomplished?

Also, hilarity ensued the other day when I used Caitlyn's Yordle trap on a stealthed Teemo.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7705 on: March 08, 2012, 10:35:05 am »

It's always a little fun to duck into a bush and stealth as you're being chased so they can't find you. Not particularly practical most of the time since you need to sit there for two seconds before you stealth, but it's fun when it works.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7706 on: March 08, 2012, 10:52:15 am »

Teemos passive and his speed boost are completely contradicting anyway - at least in practical play.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7707 on: March 08, 2012, 11:00:59 am »

Teemos passive and his speed boost are completely contradicting anyway - at least in practical play.
The problem is it doesn't fit with the current meta of support AD ranged bot, because the AD is sposed to be grabbin dat farm. There are times when you can. Currently the best way to use stealth is to set up for the jungler gank IMO.
Thank you based dwarf.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7708 on: March 08, 2012, 11:14:25 am »

Teemo's kit isn't supposed to have a ton of synergy. It's the playstyle that results that's important. His combo is basically:

Shroom a bush
Get chased into the bush, stealth before they get there
Let them get shroomed
Blinding dart + autoattacks with poison

You're a scout, and teemo's kit is just supposed to let you have the tactical tools you need to do scout things.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7709 on: March 08, 2012, 01:24:32 pm »

Ideally, I'd like to have a stealth champ so that when a game goes bad, and the enemy has their foot on our collective throats, I could slip past, get deep into their territory and suddenly be all "O HAI im in ur base killing ur towerz", to draw some of their folks away from the group push.

Of course, that would require a fast ubertanky stealth with a lot of burst damage that could be targeted on a tower. So I fully expect Riot to make one soon.  :P

Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 1067