Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272513 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fiora, the Grand Duelist - 1.0.0.135
« Reply #7680 on: March 04, 2012, 07:20:34 am »

Actually no, I told Ashe many times that she needs to last hit the kills and that I don't want them. She got only like 3 kills, but a crapload of assists. And nobody from our team whined, which was neat.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: March 04, 2012, 07:49:39 am »

Actually no, I told Ashe many times that she needs to last hit the kills and that I don't want them. She got only like 3 kills, but a crapload of assists. And nobody from our team whined, which was neat.

I was Tristana. Shen stole 4 kills from me on a Vayne/Singed duo-bot. And then he whined late-game after I built a Randuin's to stop Irelia/Nocturne from jumping on me every teamfight and vaporizing me. Whatever, man.

Also, I'm on a losing streak, but I feel like slightly sadistic or less sane. I had the funniest game ever as Fiddlesticks. We lost, but I was just laughing my ass off. My teams have been so so so very disorganized and what-the-fuck (Jarvan RUSHING a LAST WHISPER? REALLY? Tank Shaco and AD Alistar in bottom). I got some hilarious kills though. I'ma play Fiddle more often.

I think I'm losing my mind.
Also often called Boowells.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: March 04, 2012, 01:23:55 pm »

I'm increasingly of the opinion that LoL is a great embodiment of the saying, "Those that talk do not know; those that know do not talk."
Loudest usually = dumbest.

Had to laugh the other day. My typical progression with MF now is to start boots + 3 pots, then rush a Hextech Gunblade, because I'm do a hybrid AP/AD build. Cue "WTF gunblade on MF? gtfo noob". My response was just, "yup".

Eight minutes later, my second response: "Oh hey look, I've knocked out all the towers in mid lane while you're still dicking around with your first one. And I'm 3 levels higher than you. Problem?"  :P

EDIT: The funny part is, on paper my MF build should be a pretty weak laner because I rely so heavily on Make It Rain, which doesn't actually do that much damage (compared to an equal level MF using her Q and an AD build). But I find the psychological effect is what makes it work. I'm not doing that much damage, but fire up that AoE, and people almost always try to run away. Partly because the slow makes them easy to gank, and I guess partly because they think I'm setting them up for a skillshot with R or something. But early on, if meleers just rushed me instead of trying to get away, they'd force me on the defensive more often than not. Melees with a closing move (like Jax or Yi) are my worst nightmare. But those are exactly the sort of characters that never go solo mid.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:31:41 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: March 05, 2012, 08:17:22 am »

I just can't go back to LoL any more. Not after getting so used to the DotA 2 style of things. After getting through the slightly harder learning curve, I much prefer the DotA standard. There's so many reasons for it, but I think it's mostly I just couldn't stand the stale champion designs in LoL any more.

I'm also not missing the runes, masteries, and weekly rotation system. Much prefer being able to play anyone I want at 100% power all the time.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: March 05, 2012, 10:31:51 am »

I'm increasingly of the opinion that LoL is a great embodiment of the saying, "Those that talk do not know; those that know do not talk."

Had to laugh the other day. My typical progression with MF now is to start boots + 3 pots, then rush a Hextech Gunblade, because I'm do a hybrid AP/AD build. Cue "WTF gunblade on MF? gtfo noob". My response was just, "yup".

Eight minutes later, my second response: "Oh hey look, I've knocked out all the towers in mid lane while you're still dicking around with your first one. And I'm 3 levels higher than you. Problem?"  :P

EDIT: The funny part is, on paper my MF build should be a pretty weak laner because I rely so heavily on Make It Rain, which doesn't actually do that much damage (compared to an equal level MF using her Q and an AD build). But I find the psychological effect is what makes it work. I'm not doing that much damage, but fire up that AoE, and people almost always try to run away. Partly because the slow makes them easy to gank, and I guess partly because they think I'm setting them up for a skillshot with R or something. But early on, if meleers just rushed me instead of trying to get away, they'd force me on the defensive more often than not. Melees with a closing move (like Jax or Yi) are my worst nightmare. But those are exactly the sort of characters that never go solo mid.
What do you do about mana?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: March 05, 2012, 10:37:15 am »

I don't think MF usually needs a mana item.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: March 05, 2012, 11:51:25 am »

I just can't go back to LoL any more. Not after getting so used to the DotA 2 style of things. After getting through the slightly harder learning curve, I much prefer the DotA standard. There's so many reasons for it, but I think it's mostly I just couldn't stand the stale champion designs in LoL any more.

I'm also not missing the runes, masteries, and weekly rotation system. Much prefer being able to play anyone I want at 100% power all the time.

The main reason that turns me off Dota 2 is that games tend to take too long, and quite a bit of that time tends to feel like padding. I'm okay with a game being unforgiving, but essentially being able to do nothing at all for a good 20 minutes (at times) is not my definition of fun.

That, and most of my friends are on League. I hardly solo queue anymore, but a few matches of LoL or BLC with friends are always fun no matter how mechanically flawed the game might actually be. Mainly because instead of flaming about mistakes, one laughs them off.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: March 05, 2012, 02:26:46 pm »

What do you do about mana?
Manamune. I could probably get away without it, but having it lets me build up a nice mana reservoir by lategame, so I have some serious staying power.

Usually get a Nashor's Tooth (more AP and CR), and then last item varies depending on what I need and how things are going (and how much cash I have on hand). Maybe an Infinity Edge for the crit chance and AD.

My goal by lvl 15-16 is to be able to clear a creep wave in 3 seconds or less. Make It Rain with about 130 AP will wipe out all but the siege minion, which gets finished off in a couple of shots. Not only do I push like a mofo like that, but I suck up gold like a vacuum cleaner.

Obviously this build is for SR. I've tried it out in Dominion, and it just usually doesn't work there. Not enough burst damage, and weak on escapes (which is why I take Cleanse as a summoner spell. Disables = can't escape = You have been slain!). Decent for poking 1v1 on the bottom of Dominon though.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:40:37 pm by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7688 on: March 05, 2012, 03:03:06 pm »

Just had a game where our WW ragequitted even before the game started. It wasn't all that fun.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: March 05, 2012, 04:18:42 pm »

Just had a game where our WW ragequitted even before the game started. It wasn't all that fun.

That's impressive. Did they complain someone's teampick was OP?

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7690 on: March 05, 2012, 05:35:26 pm »

That's impressive. Did they complain someone's teampick was OP?
He didn't want to paly with out Fiora. Said he'll AFK and he refused to que dodge. He didn't join the game though. Left the game when it was still loading and never came back.

This game was glorious
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:58:02 pm by Bordellimies »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: March 05, 2012, 09:31:16 pm »

The main reason that turns me off Dota 2 is that games tend to take too long, and quite a bit of that time tends to feel like padding. I'm okay with a game being unforgiving, but essentially being able to do nothing at all for a good 20 minutes (at times) is not my definition of fun.

This, so much. I rage quit my second DotA 2 game and I don't regret it, because I was feeding and the enemy team was destroying us, but the game was just going on for no reason.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: March 06, 2012, 12:20:34 am »

Yeah, it certainly isn't welcoming for newbies.

I play with a couple of guys who are cool, Lumbajak here is one of them, and they teach me what to do as well as carry most of the games. Gave me time to understand the intricacies. Now that I'm mostly familiar with the system, I much prefer it.

It's kinda like picking up a custom dragster for the first time. Initially you have no freaking clue what to do with it or what's going on, but if you stick around long enough or someone shows you the ropes, then you'll prefer it to anything else.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: March 06, 2012, 10:14:07 am »

Hate. Twitch. So. Much. >_<

Lost a match yesterday, but it was pretty epic all around. Started off laning against Twitch, not a big problem. Then eventually switched off with Veigar, who was having trouble bot with Leona against Ashe and Morgana. I was already up 2-3 levels on the rest of the team, so I figured I'd spread the love and let Veigar soak up the XP while I assisted bot. Smoked Morgana within seconds of arriving bot. Then Ashe went mid against Veigar and Twitch came bot.

Dude knew how to play him. Pushing a lane, pushing a lane, pushing a OH SHIT RATGUY BEHIND ME BLAM DEAD. One-man gank squad. He and Ashe ended up feeding on us pretty well. Only reason we were able to make an hour game of it was their Morgana was terribad, and Fiddle and Annie weren't much better. Twitch and Ashe though....soooo much damage.

Surprising part is that we still lasted 10-15 minutes AFTER a total teamwipe that allowed them to push into the base and take out two inhibitors. Me and Veigar could actually mow down the minion waves fast enough to keep them out of our nexus. But we could never keep all 5 people alive long enough to group up and make a push. And nobody was particularly suited to try and backdoor them (we had reduced most of their lane towers before getting pinned in).

I really need to learn how to use sight wards.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: March 06, 2012, 10:34:10 am »

Twitch has to be the laziest assassain character in the entire game. Most have to either be in melee range or limited to where or how they can hide. Twitch? Pop out of nowhere, spam poison, recieve bacon kills. I have on several occasion wanted to rage quit when I find I'm in lane with that rat.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1067