Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272497 times)

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fiora, the Grand Duelist - 1.0.0.135
« Reply #7665 on: March 02, 2012, 02:51:12 am »

Fiora seems like the perfect tanky-dps. Great scaling, good mobility, excellence self stat boosts.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: March 02, 2012, 04:00:44 am »

Hey supports win games more then any other champ, global stats confirm, even if that totally super high K/D shaco swears he carried everyone

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: March 02, 2012, 04:11:56 am »

I've been having A LOT of trouble with Ezreal lately. I'll do fine against every other AD carry, but something about laning against Ezreal just completely shuts me down. I understand that I have to stay behind my minions and just last hit accordingly, but he just shifts and nukes me with his combo every time. Once he'd got lane dominance from that amazingly potent nuke, I'm stuck trying to CS at the tower. But as I'm trying to CS at the tower, he just gets free shots off me because none of my minions are around and my support has backed.

I recently lost a game against him and Janna vs me (Tristana) and Lux. Is there anything I can do to improve my gameplay when laning against Ezreal? He's almost impossible to gank with his shift, and nukes really really hard.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: March 02, 2012, 04:39:32 am »

I've been having A LOT of trouble with Ezreal lately. I'll do fine against every other AD carry, but something about laning against Ezreal just completely shuts me down. I understand that I have to stay behind my minions and just last hit accordingly, but he just shifts and nukes me with his combo every time. Once he'd got lane dominance from that amazingly potent nuke, I'm stuck trying to CS at the tower. But as I'm trying to CS at the tower, he just gets free shots off me because none of my minions are around and my support has backed.

I recently lost a game against him and Janna vs me (Tristana) and Lux. Is there anything I can do to improve my gameplay when laning against Ezreal? He's almost impossible to gank with his shift, and nukes really really hard.

I enjoy playing as Ezreal, so I'ma tell you. You have to juke his Q. At level 1 or so, his Q will do around 100 damage, especially early game, and he has that powerful AS passive from the start as well.

However, generally speaking, Ezreal has severe mana troubles if he uses his shift and mystic shot a lot. He can't really afford to miss very much, but he usually doesn't because people don't expect mystic shot to hurt as much as it does.

In that specific game, I'd say you probably should've been pushing the lane just as hard as he was, perhaps even more so that you could build up a minion barrier. Ezreal absolutely cannot arcane shift all the time unless he's running like a full mp/5 rune page. He hurts a lot in the beginning, but his power dwindles off very much. While Ezreal can counter push a lane, it requires a lot more mana to do so than Tristana's explosive shot passive.

Or you might've just run into a REALLY GOOD Ezreal.
Also often called Boowells.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7669 on: March 02, 2012, 07:22:42 am »

If you know you're against Ezreal in your lane, starting with boots + 3 pots/cloth armor + 5 pots might help, since the boots allow you to dodge more easily, and armor obviously reduces the damage of his Q. And the hide-behind-a-minion thing? If you can dodge most of his Qs that is unnecessary. Keep your pattern irregular, odd and surprising. Don't only sidestrafe, sometimes just walk towards Ez and do other stuff he doesn't expect you to do. Sometimes you can just stand completely still, as he most likely expects you to dodge his Q.

And once his blink is down, call for a gank from your jungler. Ez can't do much to escape if flash and his own blink are down.

But yeah, armor is good. Cloth armor can be built into Wriggle's Lantern, which is a great item for every carry. Additionally, Ninja Tabi can also be bought.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: March 02, 2012, 10:02:48 am »

Yep, you needed to counterpush hard. You're Tristana, though, which makes that REALLY easy. And did you start boots3 for the speed? You're meant to be super juking. It's like playing against a Brand. If you're not juking hard, he'll nuke you for huge damage. Not like LeBlanc where you will always take huge damage. Ezrael is all skillshots, so that's how you beat him. Dodge that Q. Dodge that random thing he shoots out. Dodge everything. His mana has to be well-managed around his attack speed passive. If he misses something, it costs him a lot.

Specifically with Tristana, the only thing you can do is keep him in the mid, and if Lux can, bind him and then take a pot shot or two on him. Janna shields damage, so you have to either hit him while it's down, or hit him through the shield. This makes poking for both lanes really effective, which is exactly what he was doing. And honestly, Ezrael is kind of annoying to fight against as Tristana, and you can't always win them. You just have to outfarm him, really, and go for lategame supremacy.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7671 on: March 02, 2012, 01:24:58 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z55bU29q0zU
When Fiora is free, I will do this
Nothing but stack Tiamats
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: March 02, 2012, 01:28:09 pm »

WTH is wrong with people that they don't realize the necessity of at least some creep farming (or even just XP leeching) now? had a game last night with a Brazilian Yi (or as I call him, jajajayi). Dude started off bot with me (as Poppy), then suddenly broke off at lvl 4....not to jungle but to try and gank other lanes.

Ten minutes later, he's still just trying to gank (at lvl 6), while everyone else in the game is now lvl 10 or higher. And doing a lot of what I think was complaining in Portuguese that the enemy team was OP and using voice comms. Finally disconnected after doing his best to feed. Thankfully, the rest of the team was solid and we won 4v5. Katarina was especially potent, with at least two pentakills.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: March 03, 2012, 09:01:28 am »

Spoiler: No pentakill though :( (click to show/hide)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7674 on: March 03, 2012, 11:20:17 am »

Spoiler: No pentakill though :( (click to show/hide)
Why don't I have my 6300 IP so I could buy Fiora and do this
or alternatively
Why isn't it the next week already

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: March 03, 2012, 01:28:51 pm »

Why isn't it the next week already
Because Nautilus is fun and I still want to play him!  >:(
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: March 03, 2012, 05:34:04 pm »

I started playing this game recently, pretty much exclusively as Alistar. Unless I end up in a steamroll game, I consistently get less kills than deaths. But seeing as I have virtually no damage output, my main power is positioning the opponents and I often sacrifice myself so my teammates can get away, I imagine that's exactly how it's supposed to play out :P
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: March 03, 2012, 07:16:13 pm »

I started playing this game recently, pretty much exclusively as Alistar. Unless I end up in a steamroll game, I consistently get less kills than deaths. But seeing as I have virtually no damage output, my main power is positioning the opponents and I often sacrifice myself so my teammates can get away, I imagine that's exactly how it's supposed to play out :P

In my book, perfect tanky support Alistar.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7678 on: March 04, 2012, 05:12:21 am »

Yesterday I jungled Alistar and I got 8/4/14, while our Ahri who had the most kills had 9. Our Ashe just refused to last hit so I had to or the enemies would've gotten away :/

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: March 04, 2012, 06:27:58 am »

Yesterday I jungled Alistar and I got 8/4/14, while our Ahri who had the most kills had 9. Our Ashe just refused to last hit so I had to or the enemies would've gotten away :/
Lemme guess, then you got called a killstealing bastard.

Won a 6:55 Domination match. And we had one AFK the entire time. I honestly have no idea what we did, but if I could bottle it and sell it, I'd be rich. I took bot as MF, outraced Garen (their bot) and forced him back and eventually killed him, allowing me to move over and cap the other bottom tower. Meanwhile, the top 3 absolutely faceraped the other team and steamrolled through, meeting me in front of the enemy team entrance about the same time. Then we just sat there and camped the exits for 3 minutes. They eventually got some people out and even recapped a point temporarily, but it was way too little too late. Final score was 487-0.

This was a welcome change from the previous domination match, where we sucked hard to begin with, staged a major comeback but then lost our edge in the last 50 points or so. Final score was 0-39. The whole match started off bad when our Jarvan rolled his eyes and sighed that somebody had picked Evelynn. Evelynn went on to have the highest K/D ratio in the game, and the most points, followed closely by yours truly. Jarvan was in 4th place, and when Evelynn pointed this out postgame, Jarvan publicly admitted that he refused to assist Evelynn late game, just because "you ks'd me bitch". I asked what the hell that mattered in a Dominion match? He admitted it didn't and that he didn't care, he just wanted to see her die. Copy, paste, report.  ::)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 1067