Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272637 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths - 1.0.0.134
« Reply #7590 on: February 22, 2012, 03:53:32 pm »

Heh, speaking of getting punished for leaving your lane a bit.

A few weeks ago Lumbajak and I were at bot lane when the enemy's jungle invaded at about 2 minutes in and started stealing our golems. Our jungle Poppy obviously couldn't kill Warwick so we went to go help out. We only spent about a minute chasing the Warwick away but by the time we got back into lane it was basically GG. Ashe was 2 levels higher (because their support left to help Warwick, giving Ashe solo lane exp) and could kill us basically instantly if we stepped even 1cm in the wrong direction.

1 minute of leaving the lane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7591 on: February 22, 2012, 04:05:32 pm »

Heh, speaking of getting punished for leaving your lane a bit.

A few weeks ago Lumbajak and I were at bot lane when the enemy's jungle invaded at about 2 minutes in and started stealing our golems. Our jungle Poppy obviously couldn't kill Warwick so we went to go help out. We only spent about a minute chasing the Warwick away but by the time we got back into lane it was basically GG. Ashe was 2 levels higher (because their support left to help Warwick, giving Ashe solo lane exp) and could kill us basically instantly if we stepped even 1cm in the wrong direction.

1 minute of leaving the lane.
It really isn't leaving lane for long, but it makes a significant difference. Kinda takes some of the fun out of the game.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: February 22, 2012, 04:29:10 pm »

Just to add that are the times when you're solo mid and someone else decides that they want a piece of that action too. And by leaving their lane, they leave the tower wide open to get crunched. And leech my XP. >_<

Or somebody pings that a tower is undefended, and EVERYBODY heads there, leaving the other two lanes wide open. WTH people, do you even use your mini-maps? Do you have any concept of basic tactics??

OTOH, it's fun when the enemy team decides to group all five in one lane, allowing me to teleport to a minion wave and proceed to gut their undefended towers. Even better when I have a mid-late game Malphite and don't even need friendly minions to soak up the tower. And can then taunt with "im in ur base killing ur inhibs"  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7593 on: February 22, 2012, 05:21:11 pm »

AD Malzaman video is out. Hope you like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2S9knJ5qo8
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: February 22, 2012, 05:29:18 pm »

Heh, I'm pretty convinced now that AD Malz does more damage than AP Malz....

Edit: Waaaaaaait a minute. That isn't Malzahar... URGOT GET OUT OF THAT MALZAHAR SKIN!

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7595 on: February 24, 2012, 02:33:10 pm »

Huh, no posts for a while. Here, have a link to an old thread I just found today. It is great.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7596 on: February 24, 2012, 02:56:48 pm »

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread before, but Dominion is really good and everyone should play it.

- IP/EXP rewards are unparalleled, if you're interested in that sort of thing. I just gained 80 exp for a 20 minute game, so for me vastly superior to summoner's Rift games, which can take 2 to 3 times as long for about the same reward.
- It's a great place to try out the free champions whilst still getting rewarded. I noticed custom games get penalised, and have a daily limit of minutes, after which you get no exp at all. There's also nothing worse than slogging your way through the longer version of the game with a hopelessly underlevelled, underitemed character, which means you learn almost nothing about your true capabilities in champion on champion fights.
- The best thing about it is the fast pace of play, which means that there is much less time for players to bicker amongst themselves. Perhaps I've been unlucky, but my last few games in the Rift each seemed to involve a very pushy level 30 player dictating strategy to us, blaming us when it fails, and doing their best to destroy team morale throughout the game with constant criticism of item choice, feeding and what have you.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:33:35 pm by baruk »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7597 on: February 24, 2012, 03:11:18 pm »

Starting to amass some decent IP again, and trying to figure who to buy next. Given the success I've been having with the "AoE farmer/pusher" build for several characters, I'm trying to figure out who would make the best champ for this kind of build. And googling it finds dozens of threads around the net where a lot of semi-illiterate people yell out different champ names at each other and get into savage yet puerile arguments about it.

Corki has a lot of area attacks, but most Corkis I've ever seen have been kind of derpy.
Amumu has his constant HP drain AoE thing, but he's slooooow.
Late-game Sivir can ricochet and boomerang the heck out of a creep wave, but then I find almost everybody becomes an effective pusher late-game. I'm looking for champs that can push well early and mid game.
Thoughts?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: February 24, 2012, 03:28:19 pm »

Cass maybe? I know in practice (full bot custom) wit'er I was wiping out the mage part of the creep wave with one spell pretty early in the game.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7599 on: February 24, 2012, 03:29:43 pm »

Fastest, most consistent pushers are AD Malz, Morde, MF, Sivir, in that order.

If you just want someone that hyper pushes right from level 1, then it's Morde, Morgana, Shyvana, Heimer. But Morg and Heimer can't push worth a damn later on.

If you want late game pushers, just take any AD carry with lots of steroids like Master Yi or Trist.

Pushing involves two parts.
1. Instakilling whole creep waves
2. Killing a tower fast

Most mages can't do part 2. Most AD can't do part 1. Just find someone you like who can do both.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7600 on: February 24, 2012, 03:54:00 pm »

Yeah, I've seen Malz touted as well. AP Miss Fortune rocks the house by mid-game in clearing out waves with one E. Soooo much gold....
And by triggering her steroid W, she can whittle down a tower pretty quick too.

I've also seen Karthus offered as an excellent farmer, though others vehemently disagreed.

I might save up and grab Malazhar. Then I'll probably save up IP for a while so when I hit lvl 20 I can upgrade all my runes and quints.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: February 24, 2012, 06:37:38 pm »

Karthus can mid- lategame push a lane as fast as he can walk it  - and with lichbane the tower goes down about as fast, too...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: February 24, 2012, 08:05:55 pm »

Nasus pushes pretty good-
Either the constant smashing of siphoning strike into the minions pushes,
or spamming spirit fire.
Built with a moderate amount of ap- nasus pushes REALLY FAST using spirit fire.
You need to level it if you want to kill creep waves.
The big problem- both siphoning strike and spirit fire burn mana super-fast.

Ap yi pushes quite fast, but you don't insta-level minion waves.
You could do it as ap/madreds-razor hybrid though. (I like bloodrazor)
You want to farm both the lane, the blue buff, and then your enemies jungle. Then go back and farm the lane

Cho can level minion waves with a combo of spikes and rupture. He has the potential to be the fastest farmer, mid-game, I think,
but that means delaying tank items.
As jungle cho, I have had better-than perfect cs midgame.(Compared to just laning)
While I did farm lanes people weren't in, I really impressed somebody playing corki.
atmas/wits end/guinsoos? not sure if ap, or as/ad is better for farming.

Galio can wipe out caster minions midgame maxing resolute smite and gust

Sejuani's pushing power is probably ok.

Gragas barrels push hard. Great midgame-farmer.

Trist pushes naturally. Hybrid is probably the best pusher.

Heimer, of course!

Ziggs is competative with ap malz on pushing, only a little bit behind.
And so much range! Farming is best with minefield I think.

Ap zil could wipe waves, but you still need mana, or constantly going b(which is viable with time warp).
Also ap zil isn't that useful. His nuke is much weaker than others.

Movespeed helps. I get swiftness on ap yi so I can farm anything and everything, Then enter teamfights at a leisurely pace.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7603 on: February 25, 2012, 12:42:05 am »

Whee... dominions is kinda' neat. Managed to get in I think... four? Four, co-op vs AI. One loss (My AD malz attempt got squished), three wins (Taric, Rammus, and a Kassadin -- the last two got stomped pretty hard, heh. Poor ram was 5/5/13 or something like that.). Biggest plus to the thing is that they're very quick, much quicker than the rift practice games I've been running.

That said. Anyone have any tips for dominion? It's rather odd :P
Biggest thing I'm struggling with conceptually, I think, is that the minions are almost entirely ignorable (and it seems to be openly detrimental to actually pay attention to them!). Any suggestions on ways to make them more of an issue for the enemy? And hero suggestions? I'm aiming for that Mordekaiser (I'm down with solid pusher, ha.) fellow, but it'll be a while before I get the IP for 'im (about 2500 to go :-\). Everything seems flimsier in dom than rift, though, at least compared to the rift practice games I've been running. Dunno what's up wit' that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7604 on: February 25, 2012, 03:51:34 am »

Yeah, I've seen Malz touted as well. AP Miss Fortune rocks the house by mid-game in clearing out waves with one E. Soooo much gold....
And by triggering her steroid W, she can whittle down a tower pretty quick too.

I've also seen Karthus offered as an excellent farmer, though others vehemently disagreed.

I might save up and grab Malazhar. Then I'll probably save up IP for a while so when I hit lvl 20 I can upgrade all my runes and quints.
Karthus is seriously the best pusher late game. I mean, its like you'd play Singed: Just walk the lane forward and the minions die, just like that. Then with about 500 AP your attacks do 200 dmg per hit to towers, if you have the attack Lichbane procced it would deal about 700 dmg. Whoever said that Karthus isn't a excellent farmer has never seen one.

And oh yeah, early game? Lay waste fucks the minions up big time as well.
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 1067