Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272660 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths - 1.0.0.134
« Reply #7560 on: February 21, 2012, 03:55:39 am »

Oh god... AD Malz is probably the fastest pusher I've ever seen. This includes Sivir. He's all kinds of crazy...

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7561 on: February 21, 2012, 07:52:49 am »

Why are your video files so big? Don't you have proper compression? We don't exactly need picture perfect quality.

Edit: Yeah, I like to watch funny builds in action. Your Mundo video was good too.
Awful, awful quality. You better lead me to a great video compressor, since Magix Music Maker 17 (which I use now) doesn't seem to do it too well.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: February 21, 2012, 09:55:10 am »

Nothing like trying to tank for a team that doesn't speak your language. Somehow I ended up on a team where 3 of the 4 others spoke either portuguese or spanish, and the last guy didn't speak at all.

After a successful teamfight, we'd form up mid, rush the towers. I'd tank the tower (as Malphite with an armor/health build). And everyone else would promptly scatter. Leaving me to limp away, only to be cut down by a charging Ziggs or Tryndamere or Yi.

Also, when I ping that there's an undefend tower, that doesn't mean that the entire team should abandon their lanes and run all the way across the map to defend it. Because that leaves the lane you were on, you know....undefended. Tu comprendes?

Funny thing is, we actually won that match. Epic teamfight win followed by epic mid rush that actually didn't see people peeling away. Almost derailed by a "let's do baron" insistent ping-the-skull-six-million-times request, but thankfully no one else was willing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. What is it with people and wanting to go kill Nashor when they've got their foot already firmly planted on the enemy's throat?  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: February 21, 2012, 10:49:10 am »

Bordellimies: 3.7gb for a youtube-prepped video is hardly normal. 3.7gb is equivalent to a full blu-ray movie (and then some). I think the main issue is the weird resolution, at 1325x558.

What video format are you using? If you can convert it to .avi you can use VirtualDub. You can also use Windows Movie Maker to publish movies to the size you want.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: February 21, 2012, 10:51:00 am »

I rose about ~150-200 in elo (Thanks Jabebot, you so kind for telling me)

Oh Jabe Bot, what can't you do.

/e: Oh hey lolking has more charts. http://www.lolking.net/charts They might be tainted by low elo but still, charts are fun.

Notables:
 - Mid lane matchups... lol. Morgana has almost entirely negative matchups (lolwat) while Lux has almost entirely positive ones. So many Ahri games.
 - Ignite OP, nurf plz. Literally nobody uses Surge or Promote.
 - Rumble has 39.33% winchance against Garen. Yorick isn't any better off. Garen just takes a dump over certain characters, he even goes positive against GP and last I checked GP was supposed to be a decent counterpick against him.
 - Irelia VS Gangplank is the most common top by far. GP is overused, but has many good matchups - his worst seems to be Nasus.
 - Volibear for whatever reason has a really good Tryndamere matchup. Perhaps they forget about W execute and passive heal?
 - Lee Sin is also overused. Nocturne seems to be his best counter, 47% winchance for Lee.

It looks like low elo and fotm has skewed them a bit.  Cass has way too many negative matchups, which might be the result of people trying to fotm her and badding it up.

Still fun. Especially because of the Garen matchups.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7565 on: February 21, 2012, 11:06:52 am »

Bordellimies: 3.7gb for a youtube-prepped video is hardly normal. 3.7gb is equivalent to a full blu-ray movie (and then some). I think the main issue is the weird resolution, at 1325x558.

What video format are you using? If you can convert it to .avi you can use VirtualDub. You can also use Windows Movie Maker to publish movies to the size you want.
Do WMM compressions have good enough quality?
I'll test the VirtualDub probably, and I can see what WMM also does. I have my good quality version still saved here in .avi, so they hopefully work.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: February 21, 2012, 11:14:55 am »

I used Windows Movie Maker for the few of my youtube videos I ever made. It worked pretty fine. They look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BqVvRUVuEE

I don't remember how big they were originally since this was a few years ago, but it was a few gb and I managed to reduce it to whatever it is now (should be about a hundred mb or so)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: February 21, 2012, 11:17:00 am »

I really, really cannot imagine Janna running out of mana after getting a philo stone.

It's less mana issues and more "if I get into a skirmish at level 11, the increased heal is almost never worth potentially not being able to use my ult".

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7568 on: February 21, 2012, 12:27:57 pm »

Okay, so: WMM has as crappy quality a I expected, and VirtualDub did nothing except change the video size from 9.80 GB to 19.5 Gb. What the fuck..

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: February 21, 2012, 03:54:59 pm »

Is it not possible for you to export to a lower resolution?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: February 21, 2012, 04:03:27 pm »

If possible, record at half size, as it'll (usually) end up looking fine on Youtube while decreasing the file size by half (or more).
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: February 21, 2012, 06:24:12 pm »

I don't get why your resolution is so strange and squashed either.

My whole process went like this:
1. Fraps record at half quality (mine is 1680x800)
2. Use WMM to cut and convert to a few hundred mb
3. Upload to Youtube

Hell, downloading my youtube videos now they're only a few mb in size. I think the only people who care about video quality for 5 minute videos are the authors. Everyone else just wants to be able to see what's going on and have it load fast. If you want I could try it again now and repeat the whole process and see if I can step-by-step the entire procedure.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: February 21, 2012, 10:58:15 pm »

After a debut made of weaponized fail, and a long exile training against the best the digital world had to offer (insert training montage of running up and down stairs chasing Teemo, punching Malphite over and over again hoping to actually do some damage, etc.), I have returned to the PvP queues and reached the elusive .500 mark.

Seriously, it was an uphill climb. I was somewhere around 6-23 when I started. Now I'm 29-29. Mediocre is me!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: February 21, 2012, 11:13:08 pm »

Nautilus is probably going to become my main. Amumu will be sad about that, but oh well. His ult is the "you can't escape from me" button. Shaco or Kassadin always getting away from you? Press R and solve everything!

Talon free week is also training me to hit stealthed talons with my hook. No more R as an escape for you.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: February 21, 2012, 11:22:28 pm »

Urgot's new skin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOYkurRNx-Y

Edit: The obviously-coming Shen nerfs.
Shen

General
        Base armor reduced to 19 from 23
    Vorpal Blade health scaling lowered to 1.5% from 2%