Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272894 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert - 1.0.0.133
« Reply #7425 on: February 12, 2012, 02:05:53 pm »

It might not be worth learning Karma right now... they've got an overhaul for her in testing. My guess is it'll be in this patch or next because they did Shen's changes a day or two before her.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: February 12, 2012, 03:50:09 pm »

Lumbajak told me that he's never seen anyone beat an Ahri lane except when I do it. Is this a thing? Is she really hard to beat in lane?

I don't have anything to do so I thought I'd detail why I can thrash her with almost anyone. It'd help with collecting my thoughts together, and maybe others can share input too. I don't particularly like that vixen after all since she's one o' dem dere squeeshy maegess.

How I beat Ahri!

1. Ahri is like Morde
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2. I always get boots 3 pots

3. Ahri's spellvamp sucks

4. Ahri sucks at teamfights

That's about it. Anyone else have anything to add about fighting this vixen?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: February 12, 2012, 04:00:24 pm »

I was thinking about getting a new champ.

Since i already have Garen i was thinking about another non mana champ.

In other words...

Should i get Katarina or MordekaiserBR?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: February 12, 2012, 04:44:38 pm »

I hate laning. I always pick nasus vs pantheon, or veigar vs kassadin, or some horrible matchup like that. It's so much easier to cope with a bad jungle matchup than a bad lane matchup.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: February 12, 2012, 04:56:32 pm »

Lately all the champs I've been playing are ones that rock their lanes.  Malz, Caitlyn, Brand, Cassopeia, I love laning.
Shoes...

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: February 12, 2012, 06:47:08 pm »

I was thinking about getting a new champ.

Since i already have Garen i was thinking about another non mana champ.

In other words...

I'd get Morde over Kat if only because her ult is so easily countered.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: February 12, 2012, 08:56:16 pm »

Quote from: Statikk
Agreed, Viktor's Hex Core upgrades should feel super epic and character defining within each individual game. Each upgrade should provide a very unique flavor of Viktor and should really make him excel in a specific direction. Right now, I feel no matter which way Viktor upgrades, he still feels too relatively the same.

This is definitely the one aspect of Viktor we want to vastly improve when we get a chance to work on him. It's unfortunate the last pass on him was mainly focused on just getting usability tweaks out of the way, but this is definitely the next goal.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: February 12, 2012, 09:39:24 pm »

Mordekaiser because he's so much stronger, and I would say more fun too. You have to know exactly what you're doing if you're going to be playing Kat and expect to do well. I mean, that goes for Morde too of course, but his learning-to-power curve is much lower.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: February 13, 2012, 01:48:07 am »

Lumbajak told me that he's never seen anyone beat an Ahri lane except when I do it. Is this a thing? Is she really hard to beat in lane?

I don't have anything to do so I thought I'd detail why I can thrash her with almost anyone. It'd help with collecting my thoughts together, and maybe others can share input too. I don't particularly like that vixen after all since she's one o' dem dere squeeshy maegess.
I dunno. I've never fought an Ahri that was good. Every time I fight one in mid (and occasionally bot for whatever reason), they prioritize their Q first, which would be great, except they use it to harass me. And the smart thing to do is to make sure you're not behind your minions. This way, she has to choose between harassing you and farming the minions (though, this is true of most skill-shot/aoe champions). A smart Ahri will farm. A dumb Ahri will waste her Qs on you. Even if she does hit you, her passive procs once, so she loses way more than you do, so long as you poke back.

Though, you are right, she loses poke wars really well. She's like a combination Morgana and LeBlanc, but she's not as strong as either of them. She can instantly burst someone down if she's fed, but honestly, if you dodge her charm, she does nothing unless she wants to waste her ult.

So, you really need to look at how she plays in order to figure her out. If she's Qing at you when there's a whole lane of minions, she's going to be easily outfarmed. If she's actually using her passive right, then she's probably not horrible. However, if she doesn't get fed, she will be useless later, and she gets outpoked early game. Use it to your advantage.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: February 13, 2012, 07:39:48 am »

I don't get why people keep hating on Amumu. The guy is good! I love having an Amumu on my team. Every time I see him on the enemy team I know we're in for extremely hard teamfights. Sure his jungle isn't super speed (still fast though) and he's pretty reliant on blue buff (So is Rammus and Skarner, you don't see people hating those guys). But Amumu's teamfight potential. Holy jesus, nothing comes close. His ganks are crazy strong too.

But again, that ult. That ult is crazy. He's a Galio that's actually a threat!

And like I keep saying. He really, really hurts. I have seen Amumus 1v1 Skarner, Lee Sin, Trundle, etc. no problem. He'd probably never kill Udyr or Warwick, but he can handle a lot of others no problem. It just takes awhile.

I mean, let me tell you a story of a recent game. I was duo queuing with an EU friend and was Morgana while he was Amumu. Our team was losing really hard and by the 30th minute the enemy already killed an inhib and had baron buff. We were kinda fucked. But before this we never really had a teamfight, just the randoms kept getting picked off before any fight even happened and we had to retreat.

However, eventually they HAD to do an actual teamfight with us. But they could never win. They were ahead by 15 kills, every dragon and baron, and they could never win a single teamfight against Amumu + Morgana ults. The two of us could singlehandedly reduce their entire team to 1/4th hp with just our Rs. Not to mention the eternal stun. We essentially fought 2v5 for another 15 minutes over the course of another 5 or so teamfights until we actually came back and won. Don't ever underestimate how gamechanging Amumu's ultimate is.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: February 13, 2012, 08:21:43 am »

Umiman, that story is eerily similar to half my amumu games.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: February 13, 2012, 02:45:01 pm »

I don't get why people keep hating on Amumu. The guy is good! I love having an Amumu on my team. Every time I see him on the enemy team I know we're in for extremely hard teamfights. Sure his jungle isn't super speed (still fast though) and he's pretty reliant on blue buff (So is Rammus and Skarner, you don't see people hating those guys). But Amumu's teamfight potential. Holy jesus, nothing comes close. His ganks are crazy strong too.

I noticed this, too. For a while, I had thought that Amumu was pretty weak, but he was playing support bot in my last game and JESUS, he hurt like hell. Of course, Sona/Vayne lane eventually triumphs over Amumu/Ashe. But early-game, especially with lots of ganks from Lee Sin, we got hurt a lot. (This was the enemy team's worst decision. Our Nasus up top farmed really well and became an unstoppable teamfight winning machine.)
Also often called Boowells.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: February 13, 2012, 03:03:53 pm »

This way, she has to choose between harassing you and farming the minions (though, this is true of most skill-shot/aoe champions). A smart Ahri will farm. A dumb Ahri will waste her Qs on you. Even if she does hit you, her passive procs once, so she loses way more than you do, so long as you poke back.

I don't know - I'd much rather poke with q then farm with it. Her auto-attack range is decent so she can just last hit to farm. The only time I use my abilities to farm is when I need to trigger her passive or if I want to push. The great thing about last hitting mid is that if your opponent is aoe farming then they're at risk to your jungler, and if you're harassing them constantly it makes for an easy kill when they come to gank.

Playing against Ahri I've had the best luck with Ziggs. I just take clarity and throw bombs all day. I generally don't like taking clarity but in solo queue you don't always end up with a jungler who will give you blue.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: February 13, 2012, 06:23:25 pm »

This way, she has to choose between harassing you and farming the minions (though, this is true of most skill-shot/aoe champions). A smart Ahri will farm. A dumb Ahri will waste her Qs on you. Even if she does hit you, her passive procs once, so she loses way more than you do, so long as you poke back.

I don't know - I'd much rather poke with q then farm with it. Her auto-attack range is decent so she can just last hit to farm. The only time I use my abilities to farm is when I need to trigger her passive or if I want to push. The great thing about last hitting mid is that if your opponent is aoe farming then they're at risk to your jungler, and if you're harassing them constantly it makes for an easy kill when they come to gank.

Playing against Ahri I've had the best luck with Ziggs. I just take clarity and throw bombs all day. I generally don't like taking clarity but in solo queue you don't always end up with a jungler who will give you blue.
That's what the boots are for. You just take one step that-a-way and dodge. Ahri does no damage, wastes mana, and gets no passive proc. You don't need to farm the wave with spells, but you're better off shooting that spell elsewhere. Now, if you're conservative, then you can totally do that well. Like, if you're full on mana, it's fine to poke the enemy with it. But, if you're using it like a crazy man, you're probably going to fail, which is usually who's playing Ahri.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: February 13, 2012, 08:03:37 pm »

Like any skillshot champ if you can't hit skillshots then you're not going to do well. Boots help against Ahri but someone who is good with skillshots is still going to land them often enough. You're right that you do have to be a bit conservative with her q after they increased the mana cost, but still it's easy enough to harass someone until you hit 6 and then kill them with her ult if they don't go home or don't have innate sustain (like Morgana :().
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 1067