Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272986 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert - 1.0.0.133
« Reply #7351 on: February 09, 2012, 10:34:55 am »

Can someone translate that?

From what i understood:

If you build itemas on a champion who scales better than actual carries that counter the actual carry you become a anti carry.

If you have enough items to kill (or almost kill) them with your combo you can stop investing in Damage items and build surv items instead.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: February 09, 2012, 11:47:45 am »

Isn't that the definition of a tanky derps tho?

Someone who has crazy good scaling/base damage and only needs a bit of extra and can therefore build tanky to survive getting murdered.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: February 09, 2012, 12:34:45 pm »

Hello thread, I just started playing. Surprisingly low percentage of players pointing out that I suck so far, which is encouraging.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: February 09, 2012, 01:36:08 pm »

I don't like the "anti-carry" designation.  It covers too much and feels kind of redundant, the other categories work just fine.

Shoes...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: February 09, 2012, 04:29:44 pm »

I feel like when I started hearing anti-carry it had a very different meaning. It was meant for LeBlanc-type champs; ones that start really strong and fall off. I guess they were meant to kill carries before the carries could take off, so that's probably where it got its other meaning.

Hello thread, I just started playing. Surprisingly low percentage of players pointing out that I suck so far, which is encouraging.
Hi there! That's fortunate to hear.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: February 09, 2012, 05:22:39 pm »

Yeah, that was my take on "anti-carry" as well. Characters like Poppy, who excel at ambush kills early on when the enemy doesn't have a lot of tricks up their sleeve to escape, but become increasingly mediocre as everyone levels up and starts getting all sorts of item passives and resists and such.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: February 09, 2012, 05:29:49 pm »

So, I'm niudna on the EU west servers, and I was wondering if anyone around here wanted to play some games together.
I get the feeling I might learn better that way.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: February 09, 2012, 05:57:30 pm »

The one champion I consistently have heard being called anti-carry is Urgot, since he can lock on to the carry and destroy it, hence - anti-carry. I myself have never used the word since I have no idea what it means either, but it's as good a definition as any. /shrug
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: February 09, 2012, 06:00:00 pm »

If you're going by the "Champs who reach their peak very early and win by destroying the opponent's early game" definition (Which works) then I'd say Poppy, LeBlanc, and Urgot would be the quintessential anti-carries. 
Shoes...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: February 09, 2012, 06:02:06 pm »

The one champion I consistently have heard being called anti-carry is Urgot, since he can lock on to the carry and destroy it, hence - anti-carry. I myself have never used the word since I have no idea what it means either, but it's as good a definition as any. /shrug

I would think that would fall under "assassin": somebody with closing ability and high burst damage that can specifically target and hunt an enemy carry.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: February 09, 2012, 06:47:34 pm »

As far as I'm concerned, the only definitions are:
- Carry - someone who scales incredibly with gold to the point of out dps'ing the entire team
- Tank - someone who can take a shittonne of damage
- Support - someone who doesn't need CS to be useful
- Assassin - someone with a gap closer and tremendous single-target burst
- Burst caster - someone with tremendous burst

Then start combining all of them to get tanky deeps, tanky carry, etc.

Edit: The new champion is Tidehunter: http://www.lolreport.com/2012/02/nautilus-titan-of-the-depths/#.TzNUxIsD8b0.reddit

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: February 09, 2012, 08:05:53 pm »

Well, Malzahar scales really well with gold.

Just using visions-ulti to kill squishies, stuff like that.

But, he can't carry. He has trouble melting more than two people even if fed.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: February 09, 2012, 08:08:53 pm »

More amumu wins! I now have 5 solo queue amumu wins. My only ranked loss with him was an arranged match I don't want to talk about.

That puts me at 1349 elo.

One of them was another comeback. Our team was like 2/11. We were losing every lane. But our team comp was way better for team fights (AOE with sona and amumu) so we ended up winning those and coming back.

The last game was against a shaco who jungled without smite (ha) and spent about half his time in the lanes draining their experience. I counterjungled him as amumu, he went 0/4, and we basically stomped hard.

I've discovered that amumu, plus a good team comp (Gangplank, Graves, Miss Fortune, Annie, etc) is basically free wins in ranked.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: February 09, 2012, 11:46:41 pm »

Loving, loving, loving this hybrid MF build I've worked out. Just got done owning a 5v5 match. Had 188,847 damage inflicted. Next nearest person on my team was Pantheon with 94k damage, closest on the enemy team was Nocturne with 111k. Had roughly half of all minion kills for my team, and went 14/3/10 with a 10-kill spree. (finally stopped when I failed to notice the rest of my team had either died or peeled out of the teamfight, and the enemy team caught me with Cleanse and Ghost both on recharge.) xD

Started boots+3 pots, then Gunblade, then came back to build Mercury's Treads, then Manamune, Nashor's, Zeke's Herald, and finally a Zeal near the end just because why the hell not MOAR attack speed and I had a thousand extra gold to burn.

Spent the first half of the game solo mid vs. Annie, had several near kills which forced her to recall, allowing me time to push mid. Had both outer towers down before either top or bot had even one down. Eventually the creep waves were pushing the equilibrium point so far up that I had plenty of time to go top and keep ganking Maokai and Teemo. After that, it was just teamfight win after teamfight win until finally surrender.

When in doubt,
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:48:23 pm by RedKing »

Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 1067