Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273010 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert - 1.0.0.133
« Reply #7335 on: February 08, 2012, 04:28:49 pm »

We got more free RP than that already. Let's not bitch about that.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: February 08, 2012, 05:45:07 pm »

Albeit, all I use RP for is buying nice skins when they're on sale. But hey, free skin.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: February 08, 2012, 06:05:34 pm »

Yeah I think it's an effort to bring new players closer to old players rather than giving free RP to everyone.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: February 08, 2012, 07:01:45 pm »

It's a cool initiative anyway. I just hope we get another 75% sale off :)

In other news, patch broke my fps again. I normally strut the fine line of 25-30 average fps on a sunny day, now I spent the entire game below. I really should get a proper computer rather than several orphans with charcoal and a spare wall, but... money :(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: February 08, 2012, 07:02:48 pm »

Sell orphans, buy computer?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: February 08, 2012, 07:51:24 pm »

400 RP is... hmmm

Well they might buy one of the cheapest skins i think they were 360 RP.

Or some averagely priced skin when they are on sale.
Or one 450 IP champion.
And nothing beyond that.

Well i'm not complaining but those RP gifts seem to serve only one purpouse... make you buy more RP and get something more desirable than Assasin Yi skin.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: February 08, 2012, 08:17:22 pm »

Well i'm not complaining but those RP gifts seem to serve only one purpouse... make you buy more RP and get something more desirable than Assasin Yi skin.

Don't mock my Assassin Yi skin.  :'(
It's all I could afford at the time with the RP they gave us for not being dickheads. Of course, now I rarely play Yi...*le sigh*

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: February 08, 2012, 08:44:09 pm »

I'll just wait for a good champ to go on sale.

Or maybe desperada Cass
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:36:49 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: February 08, 2012, 08:58:15 pm »

Don't mock my Assassin Yi skin.  :'(
It's all I could afford at the time with the RP they gave us for not being dickheads. Of course, now I rarely play Yi...*le sigh*

Well i'm waiting till they start a sale for Sanguine garen or Chosen Yi.

Not buying anything else otherwise.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: February 08, 2012, 09:49:17 pm »

Carries always complain about people who do rediculous amounts of damage, killing them nigh-instantly.

It occurs to me, That,

Most Anti-carries scale harder than carries.

Gangplank, malzahar, talon, poppy, pantheon,

Their team killing abilities are limited though. Usually only doing enough to kill one or two outright.

but for this scaling, and base damage, they trade range.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: February 08, 2012, 10:32:57 pm »

Anti carries scale faster than carries, not harder.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: February 08, 2012, 11:28:27 pm »

I don't even see how Gangplank is supposed to be an anti-carry in the first place.

If "anti-carry" means "likes to kill squishies" then you might as well call everyone an anti-carry.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: February 09, 2012, 02:01:18 am »

Hmm...tried incorporating one of the builds I saw by building Rylai's after gunblade with MF, instead of Manamune. I know I should be more potent as a result, but I felt like I was less useful. Time to go back to what works best for me.

OTOH, stymied Swain in mid all game long, leading to him ranting about his team being idiots for feeding the other two lanes. See, all I want is dat win. I don't care if I finish 8/2/5. I did my job and kept you from being a factor all game, bro.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: February 09, 2012, 02:20:42 am »

Ah, ranked games! The victories are so sweet, the losses so sour.

I was amumu. I'm a hella good amumu. 100% win rate of my three games with him in solo queue. Shit is not looking good, though. Our annie is kicking ass, my friend is having a tough time in top as skarner, and our vayne is feeding bot. I'm 2/1/3 or something at 15 minutes.

Bad shit starts happening once midgame leads into lategame. Skarner stays in top too long several times, leading to him running out of wards and getting ganked by 3-4 of the enemy team, so we lose that turret after a couple ganks. Their Yi is doing well, their GP is doing well, their Leblanc has 15 stacks on her Mejai's, their Graves is getting kills, and I'm pretty much freaking out. I'm 2/2/3 because our team really isn't doing anything.

They push into our base, grab the middle and bot inhibitors, and then we get like four kills. But we lose three people, so it's just me and our annie up. We farm super minions, everyone comes back up. They hover around baron but we run out and scare them off without a real fight. I think one person died on each side or something, but we had to go back to tending to our base. We manage to get both inhibitors back up and clear out the super minions, then we team fight. Problem? Their leblanc has died a couple times and is running low on stacks, so I think we win with 2 kills and 1 death and decide to baron. But their graves is still up, as well as their GP, and we skirmish at baron and get two kills at the cost of our sona. The three survivors are low health and we back. Things are looking up, but we've only taken the outer mid turret and they're up like two dragons.

Then we ace them like three times in team fights. No clue what exactly changed things, but I'm pretty sure team coordination helped. I'd ult, then Sona would ult, then annie would Tibbers, and that's like 5 seconds of lockdown. Then Skarner would grab the highest damage survivor and we'd kill them. This repeated like three times and we got baron, and pushed straight down mid into their base.

I ended up going 9/2/29.

tl;dr second biggest comeback I've ever had, and it was in ranked

current Elo: 1284 or something, 5 wins and 3 losses

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: February 09, 2012, 03:39:07 am »

I don't even see how Gangplank is supposed to be an anti-carry in the first place.

If "anti-carry" means "likes to kill squishies" then you might as well call everyone an anti-carry.

If you kill the right gal, you can stay in the fight.

You counterbuilt the guy who can kill you.

You can mix damage and surviviability freely, because you can already kill people outright.

-Anticarry.

Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 1067