Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273256 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert - 1.0.0.133
« Reply #7185 on: February 01, 2012, 12:34:35 pm »

You just don't like hanging out with people.

To be clear.

*anti social
 means you want to kill people, watch them burn, tear them down somehow.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:40:33 pm by eerr »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7186 on: February 01, 2012, 12:49:12 pm »

They said they're going to implement the new bots in the practice games, so you should be able to play 1+4 bots vs 5 bots. I think they said they're doing it next patch.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: February 01, 2012, 12:53:12 pm »

To be clear.

*anti social

o_0....I think you're thinking of "sociopath". Besides, if I wanted to kill people and tear them down, I'd be MORE likely to play PvP so I could do just that.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: February 01, 2012, 12:57:32 pm »

To be clear.

*anti social

o_0....I think you're thinking of "sociopath". Besides, if I wanted to kill people and tear them down, I'd be MORE likely to play PvP so I could do just that.  :P

Enemies don't count, lolz.

(not for that much, anyway.)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: February 01, 2012, 01:19:06 pm »

Yeah, okay, my math was wrong, but I still sort of think your guys' is too. Shouldn't the probability of at least one crit be this:

(0.03*0.97*0.97*0.97*0.97)+(0.03*0.03*0.97*0.97*0.97)+(0.03*0.03*0.03*0.97*0.97)+(0.03*0.03*0.03*0.03*0.97)+(0.03*0.03*0.03*0.03*0.03)

As in, the chance of one crit, plus the chance of two crits, plus the chance of three crits, plus the chance of four crits, plus the chance of five crits. I think this should be significantly less than 14%. Google is telling me this is about 2.7% chance total, meaning I was right in my prediction that the chance of getting multiple crits was basically negligible compared to the chance of exactly one.

Ok i'll tell you exactly what you did there, you added the chance of one particular sequence to happen (for instance, one crit, then 4 non-crits) to the chance of one other particular sequence (example : one crit, 3 non-crits, then one crit), and so on, and what you have as a result is not really of use. What you gotta take into account if you do it that way, is the number of different possible sequences for that probability. The first part has 5 different sequences possible (depending on which hit you score the crit), the second part has 10 different sequences possible, the 3rd 10 as well, the 4th has 5 and the last one has only one sequence possible. To get the correct total probability, you have to do :
(5*0.03*0.97*0.97*0.97*0.97)+(10*0.03*0.03*0.97*0.97*0.97)+(10*0.03*0.03*0.03*0.97*0.97)+(5*0.03*0.03*0.03*0.03*0.97)+(0.03*0.03*0.03*0.03*0.03)

Then you get exactly 0,1412659743 (14.12659743%) chance to score at least one crit :) (the same result i got with my method)

That's the reason why i calculated the chance of no crits instead, it's faster because there is only one possible sequence, and then you just do 1-(chance of no crit), and you get your chance of at least one crit.

Edit (You are also right in saying that scoring only one crit in the sequence makes up for most of the probability : out of those "0,1412659743", the probability to score only one crit is "0,1327939215")

Yeah, I realized this during class today. I was like, "Hm... if I did that wrong, then the odds should be about... 14%, just like those other people said."

Also I'll have to remember the subtraction thing, because calculating "at least 1 of X" odds has been the one weakness in my mathcrafting.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: February 01, 2012, 02:20:07 pm »

Haha... watching hotshotGG's channel. Three of the CLG players made smurf accounts (on the EU server, I think, to scrimmage against EU teams) and they're basically just playing for fun to level up the accounts. He's been playing Ziggs all day and it's pretty hilarious to watch.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: February 01, 2012, 02:49:07 pm »

I played a smurf game to get reacquainted with the controls and get back into the swing of things.

oh man level 1

Enemy Sejuani never loads.  The remaining players go for the controversial 2-0-2 laning composition.  Enemy Caitlyn repeatedly stands behind my tower to shoot at it.  Late game enemy Cass ults me but is so weak she can't kill me, and knocks me down to like 25%hp.  I run into the Evil Forest, turn a corner, and stand there.  She runs up, I ult (I am also cass), gg.

14/0 I don't think this helped improve my skills.
Shoes...

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: February 01, 2012, 03:02:35 pm »

I played a smurf game to get reacquainted with the controls and get back into the swing of things.

oh man level 1

Enemy Sejuani never loads.  The remaining players go for the controversial 2-0-2 laning composition.  Enemy Caitlyn repeatedly stands behind my tower to shoot at it.  Late game enemy Cass ults me but is so weak she can't kill me, and knocks me down to like 25%hp.  I run into the Evil Forest, turn a corner, and stand there.  She runs up, I ult (I am also cass), gg.

You get better by fighting harder enemies.  :-\
Also often called Boowells.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: February 01, 2012, 03:03:34 pm »

Can't be though.

EU isn't patched yet.
Hm good point.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: February 01, 2012, 03:23:00 pm »

oh man level 1

In the land of the noob, the rusty veteran is king.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: February 01, 2012, 03:24:44 pm »

oh man level 1

In the land of the noob, the rusty veteran is king.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: February 01, 2012, 03:41:55 pm »

I'd like to run a team of Shyvana, Singed, Amumu, Morde, Leona...

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: February 01, 2012, 04:01:32 pm »

*Everyone on enemy ults and kills one of them*

Good job team! But where are the oth-

And then they all die.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: February 01, 2012, 04:02:37 pm »

Heeeheeeheeeheeehee~

Edit: I also want to do a team with 5 Ionic Sparks. So every ~3 - 4 seconds the whole enemy team gets smacked by 500 damage.

Oooh! It could be something like Warwick, Sivir, Jarman, Trist and MF. Everyone maxes attack speed skills first. All buy Ionic Spark as first item.

HAHAHAA!!! Oh god it would be glorious! 500 damage is the same as Morgana's level 2 ultimate. With that team, you'd be experiencing it every 2 seconds. Can you imagine the pain!? It's like stacking Sunfires all over again!
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 1067