Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273419 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Sejuani, that Permaslow Pig - 1.0.0.132
« Reply #7020 on: January 24, 2012, 04:45:23 pm »

Gotta say I'm fairly excited for them. I still play mainly Coop vs AI when I'm playing with friends, so the added variation in bots and the availability of bots on Dominion will be great.  Also, apparently Cassiopeia bot is pretty scary since bots are pretty great at ability spamming.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7021 on: January 24, 2012, 04:54:14 pm »

Gotta say I'm fairly excited for them. I still play mainly Coop vs AI when I'm playing with friends, so the added variation in bots and the availability of bots on Dominion will be great.  Also, apparently Cassiopeia bot is pretty scary since bots are pretty great at ability spamming.

The question is, can Cassiopeia bot (and other bots who require aiming) lead well? For those not familiar of what leading is, its basically casting spells in front of the enemy so they walk right into it.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: January 24, 2012, 05:04:10 pm »

Apparently a big part of this effort was in figuring out how to get bots to use skillshots, so I'd say leading is likely pretty good. That being said, they made sure to note that they tuned the difficulty to be close to where it already was (with comments from multiple Rioters saying they'd like to implement more difficult bots in the future as well) so they won't be outright dominating you if they weren't already. They just won't walk right under your tower and let you kill them anymore.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: January 24, 2012, 05:53:52 pm »

Seems easy enough. Aim at enemy, add random factor and if you miss to often start screwing the random factor into perfectly accurate spells.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: January 24, 2012, 06:57:03 pm »

Played a quick game of Dominion, it went OK for me, not that good for the rest of the team.

I have to disagree with you here,

1. There are no vayne builds without bf swords.
2. Regardless about all other pure movespeed builds, Even movespeed vayne builds bf sword.
Also you were supposed to get move really fast boots.
And you didn't.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: January 24, 2012, 09:38:36 pm »

Seems easy enough. Aim at enemy, add random factor and if you miss to often start screwing the random factor into perfectly accurate spells.
Look at Shen bot.

Bots can aim, and they can be aimed WELL. It's simple math, and computers do math a little bit faster than humans.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: January 24, 2012, 09:39:29 pm »

Played a quick game of Dominion, it went OK for me, not that good for the rest of the team.

2. Regardless about all other pure movespeed builds, Even movespeed vayne builds bf sword.
And you didn't.
You've got to be aware that he got double the amount of points, double the amount captures and double the amount of defends compared to his team. He also had a good K:D ratio, the only positive one on his team. It probably wasn't his fault that they lost.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: January 24, 2012, 10:26:10 pm »

20/5 AS JUNGLE JAX
THIS IS THE BEST CHAMPION

Although I don't like his new ult. It only feels good if I'm fed. I saw the idea of making it a defensive steroid instead of an offensive one, and that seems a lot better to me.

And you didn't.
You've got to be aware that he got double the amount of points, double the amount captures and double the amount of defends compared to his team. He also had a good K:D ratio, the only positive one on his team. It probably wasn't his fault that they lost.

The mistakes of the best player on a team still contribute to a loss.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: January 24, 2012, 10:31:49 pm »

People will always make mistakes. Maybe not item build/skillbuild mistakes, but in-game flaws are pretty much impossible to iron out well. Its not a matter of whether he contributed to the loss (Even a 100-0 Jax that missed one creep "contributes to a loss"), but why did the rest of his team contribute to it moreso.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: January 24, 2012, 11:25:18 pm »

People will always make mistakes. Maybe not item build/skillbuild mistakes, but in-game flaws are pretty much impossible to iron out well. Its not a matter of whether he contributed to the loss (Even a 100-0 Jax that missed one creep "contributes to a loss"), but why did the rest of his team contribute to it moreso.

But he can't magically make the rest of his team better. Improving his build makes him more likely to win. We could sit here and make fun of his teammates, or we could go "Hey dude, I know you carry as vayne but here's how you can carry harder."

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7030 on: January 25, 2012, 06:26:55 am »

I don't blame most of my team for the loss, the enemies just started to beat us later on in the game. Akali didn't do jackshit though.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: January 25, 2012, 09:47:28 pm »

I really can't do this anymore. 2k to 1800. My scores are terrible. However, my teammates' scores are worse and they start feeding FIRST. It's bullshit.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: January 26, 2012, 02:35:03 am »

Pulsefire Ezreal is probably the single best skin you can possibly get right now... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoZUCyIpr3I

Hell, it announces your skills...

(Still doesn't compare to DotA 2's voicework though)

Edit: Is it just me or is this the same voice as Gohan? From Dragonball.
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 1067