Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273431 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Sejuani, that Permaslow Pig - 1.0.0.132
« Reply #7005 on: January 23, 2012, 08:53:31 am »

Ok, I think I've finalized my submission idea.

It's New Years Eve, everyone is plastered with Graggys special mix No 7 and Pantheon gets a bright idea. Lets play Jackass, so he dons GA in case he horribly dies and mounts Heimerdingers biggest firework rocket (that sounds so wrong) that is about the be launched.

Now all I need to do is draw the damn thing and the prize is as good as mine :>
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7006 on: January 23, 2012, 12:44:40 pm »

Played a quick game of Dominion, it went OK for me, not that good for the rest of the team.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:04:24 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: January 23, 2012, 01:50:50 pm »

Yeah, Dominion is very prone to throwing blame around. 3 of your teammates died in the top left corner of the map? It's your fault you pinged them to retreat and didn't join in! I'm kind of tempted to start doing draft mode, but it's so slow... A game of Dom is 20 minutes at most anyways, why drag it further.

In other news : Hey guy wot bought Olaf (Sorry I completely forgot who it was)! Have you tried him in Dominion? If so, how's he as a pick for top?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: January 23, 2012, 03:49:00 pm »

What I found from Dominion and Dominion players is this:

Everyone tends to play... kinda decent... somewhat. It's just that unlike SR, no one has any clue what they're doing.

They have 'intent'. They WANT to kill the guy at bot and cap the point. They WANT to backdoor the sidelane. They WANT to ambush the enemy. They WANT to just go for kills.

But everyone has completely different 'intents' and no common 'result'. While A wants to kill the guy at bot and cap the point. B wants to backdoor and C wants to ambush the enemy. Then motherf'ing D is derping around the map trying to get all the kills (and a super high K/D/A) but failing to achieve any points at all. All are *viable* strategies... but everyone is doing everything on their own. So every single one of them fails. No strategy. No coherence. It's just a bunch of headless chickens running around. You want more proof of this? How does everyone pick a Dominion champ? Has the word 'team' ever once been uttered?

No, it's "I pick Rammus cause he can backdoor all the points and fight everyone by himself"

It's "I pick Shaco so I can assassinate everyone and backdoor points!"

"I pick Jax because he's awesome in Dominion!"

"I pick AD Sion because he's so strong in Dominion!"

It's not really that people suck. It's just that the average joe has no tactical sense. What Dominion needs is a bunch of pros to play it for a few months nonstop and stream commonly accepted strategies so all the common folk actually have objectives to go for in a match instead of trying to do everything.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: January 23, 2012, 05:49:22 pm »

I know for a fact Sauron runs a pretty dream-shattering premade on  draft Dominion :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ0h6PJKhIg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghREKiGrEtQ

Which seems to be the top-dawg of Crystal Scar, and one of them streams here (apparently, never seen it):
http://solomid.net/livestream.php?s=1103

I've now gone to almost 1600 Elo while playing rather worse than last week, by just taking the champion our team lacks, which amusingly enough, most often ends up tanky dps. It's why I'm so keen to buy more tanky dps for Dominion, since noone really plays them, and a lot of the people that do play, do not play very well. As in are completely bonkers.

There are some common things that people just can't seem to grasp. Honestly, if you want a steady stream of Dominion wins convince your team of the following :
1)DO NOT ENGAGE IN THE JUNGLE
2)DO NOT STAY ALONE AND FARM IN THE SPACE BETWEEN TOP AND THEIR MID
3)PLAY TANKY DPS, STEALTHERS OR YORICK BOT
4)RUN REVIVE ON THE TANKY DPS (because losing top and immediately rushing it back with revived tanky dps is always a win)

But no, people try to backdoor (hint : it doesn't work, ever), choose pretty stupid picks, faff around in the jungle and end up killed one by one, or simply spare the enemy the trouble and rush top in a single line like unusually cartoony lemmings.

Also : why no, I have not just lost a couple of Dominion games to these very things, why would you ever think that

edit : also why do my wordiest posts always end up bottom of the page, I want people to acknowledge my videogame genius god damn it
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:51:08 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: January 24, 2012, 12:40:46 am »

Is it just me or is Sivir just mopping the floor with every other AD carry? Sivir and Taric, new meta.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: January 24, 2012, 03:56:16 am »

But no, people try to backdoor (hint : it doesn't work, ever),

Well, while I 100% agree that pub people are retarded, some champs are just made to backdoor and force a response (I love playing singed on dominion and having several guys run after me, all taking damage and being trolled for 40+ sec). Of course the average pub player singed will run up to a turret, tank it and die to one champ - or lure that one champ towards his own point without doing any damage.

So while a good backdoor-response-forcer will tank the most damage and do among the top 2-3 of damage done, cause a lot of lost points/time and really enables the rest of his team... a bad one will only feed.

Itīs how singed is played most of the time anyway... you are behind the enemy line, forcing them to come after you, taking out that minion wave while your own takes down the tower... yes, you created a opening for your teammates to exploit... they could do dragon while 4 enemies run after you, they could take a tower - or they could watch you for  60 sec, stop what they are doing, type "feeder nub" - not pushing there tower, not doing anything.

Guess which happens most of the time.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: January 24, 2012, 05:02:52 am »

Is it just me or is Sivir just mopping the floor with every other AD carry? Sivir and Taric, new meta.

Try Sivir and Leona. Unstoppable killing machines.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: January 24, 2012, 05:13:37 am »

Just pick your support based on the enemy and there champs and your personal preferences... a blitzkrank will net you more kills, but way less heal/sustain obviously - which is fine if you have any lifesteal build. Blitz also ruins heimerdingers day, makes fun of a lot of mages and with cv you can very effectivly kill junglers with a short trip -grab-from lane away. Or you are short a (real) tank, so you have a alister to hang out with you, enemy has a lot of casters ( or karthus) - soraka counters that nicly.

Supports are your friends and honestly, they carry-the carry.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: January 24, 2012, 05:22:33 am »

I take an extreme pleasure in seeing my ideas proven right. Makes me feel like the Galileo of LoL.

Speaking of which... more people should use MF. She's really good too.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: January 24, 2012, 08:19:42 am »

I take an extreme pleasure in seeing my ideas proven right. Makes me feel like the Galileo of LoL.

Speaking of which... more people should use MF. She's really good too.
I would if she weren't 6300.

Try Sivir and Leona. Unstoppable killing machines.
Oh yes. I almost got this in my lane... And then Garen goes bot and Leona goes top. D: WHYYYYYY?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: January 24, 2012, 11:14:42 am »

Think I'm saving up for Xerath as well. I'm at 5200 or so, so meh...what's another week or two. I did pretty well when I tested him out as a freebie. Guess my rune build for him would be movespeed, mana and AP.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: January 24, 2012, 12:01:05 pm »

AP in runes ?!?
Magic penetration !

I mean, MS quints, Mpen in red, the rest must adapt ...
But those are quite mandatory.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7018 on: January 24, 2012, 03:04:34 pm »

Riot gonna buff Co-Op vs AI. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6FVPTP8oyM&feature=g-u-u&context=G2726103FUAAAAAAACAA

From 12 bots to 40, and they will be better (use summoner spells more often, use item actives, use skillshots, more map awareness and such)

This actually seems really promising if it comes out well. Co-Op vs AI wouldn't anymore be the "get your first win of the day bonus with ease", but isntead a good way to test new champs. And trollbuilds wouldn't smash the bots as easily.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: January 24, 2012, 03:40:08 pm »

Phreak looks like a drug addict.

I'm actually kinda interested in the new bots. After all, if there's something the bots do that can even remotely infuriate people, then it's worth examining further. It's the current generation of bots that keeps reminding me what a pain MF is in lane (it's also the reason I developed my Sivir playstyle, since I basically copied how the bot did things at level 1 - 5). Not to mention back when Soraka wasn't dumb, I copied Soraka bot's build.
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 1067