Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273440 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Sejuani, that Permaslow Pig - 1.0.0.132
« Reply #6945 on: January 19, 2012, 10:35:56 pm »

The new SK has almost been completely replaced by newbies to the pro scene. Wickd (top lane) and Snoopeh (jungler) left to join CLG.eu (used to be called Absolute Legends).

So yeah, SK doesn't have a lot of fans these days. The only popular player they have is their leader and he's well known as an extremely irritating bastard.

---

Edit: Still haven't lost a single ranked game as Sivir yet, derp de derp.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6946 on: January 20, 2012, 05:57:09 am »

And in the next episode of "Soloqueue is not for smart people", why you really should actually buy magic resist versus a full AP team :

And the irresistible urge of autoattackers (Udyr, Ashe) to attack the only person on our team with a thornmail AND ninjatabi. Makes me wanna try out AD Kassadin something fierce, but I'm afraid I'll suck to high heaven.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6947 on: January 20, 2012, 09:47:09 am »

Who counters Gragas... and what is gragas a good counter to?

I got beat up something fierce by ryze for one, ouch...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: January 20, 2012, 09:58:15 am »

To the first, anyone that knows how to walk out of the way of his barrels and can either poke harder or continually heal his damage (he's melee, so he's going to be hitting you with those a lot to zone you). To the second, anyone that really, really hates being poked a lot. Because his barrels start to hurt a lot, and he can use them as mines for a few seconds. Someone with a shield would counter him pretty well like Morgana or Sion (Kassadin would also be pretty nice once he hits level 6). As for who Gragas counters, I'm not so sure.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6949 on: January 20, 2012, 02:09:30 pm »

To the first, anyone that knows how to walk out of the way of his barrels and can either poke harder or continually heal his damage (he's melee, so he's going to be hitting you with those a lot to zone you). To the second, anyone that really, really hates being poked a lot. Because his barrels start to hurt a lot, and he can use them as mines for a few seconds. Someone with a shield would counter him pretty well like Morgana or Sion (Kassadin would also be pretty nice once he hits level 6). As for who Gragas counters, I'm not so sure.

Graggy Ice counters squishy mages with low mobility. Graggy with a good aim can hit most of his harass-barrels, and if he uses body slam low-mobility champs have a hard time escaping - Just add in his ult as well, and it can be hard as fuck to lane against him.
As his Drunken Rage also gives both mana and durability, and his passive heals him, he can outlast many chumps. Guys like Brand who have no sustain of any type (no high mana regen, heals or health regen) can be bullied quickly off the lane.

As for my tips on countering him, like webadict said, Morgana and Sion are really good with their shields and CC. Kassadin takes less dmg from the barrels as well, and his silence + ulti come in handy. I'd say LeBlanc is a great counterpick as well, since she can flash outta the barrels' way quickly and her poke is OP. LeBlanc counters all mages, alongside Kassadin.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: January 20, 2012, 03:25:36 pm »

Kassadin takes less dmg from the barrels as well, and his silence + ulti come in handy.

I played mid not too long ago as Kassadin versus Gragas. It basically turned into a sustain-lane. I couldn't do shit to harass him, but I dodged most of his barrels. Basically, it was a stalemate.
Also often called Boowells.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6951 on: January 20, 2012, 03:36:39 pm »

Kassadin takes less dmg from the barrels as well, and his silence + ulti come in handy.

I played mid not too long ago as Kassadin versus Gragas. It basically turned into a sustain-lane. I couldn't do shit to harass him, but I dodged most of his barrels. Basically, it was a stalemate.

I'd call that a success, then. Graggy Ice is hard to lane against, and most lose their lanes against one if Graggy is good. Harass him enough to prevent him from doing sick towerdives, but don't expect to kill him unless you gank him with 2 guys.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: January 20, 2012, 04:02:56 pm »

Sejuani is amazing. That is all.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: January 20, 2012, 04:09:44 pm »

Gragas is really weak lategame whereas Kass only gets stronger and stronger, if you stalemate-d, then I'd say you won.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: January 20, 2012, 04:19:11 pm »

Okay, question: Should Kennen initiate if he doesn't have an Hourglass?

I just played a game on Twisted Treeline. Our Kennen fed Teemo and Kayle because he kept running in without his team. I was playing Wukong and Kennen/Lee Sin were duoqueueing, I'm pretty sure.

Now, normally, I'd've expected this match to be won, on account of superior initiation. The enemy team consisted of Teemo, Kayle, and Shyvana. Kayle could shield maybe one person and Shyvana, naturally, would ult into dragon form and be super tanky, but other than that, we should've won most teamfights.

Our Kennen decided that he was the initiator, though, before he even got his Deathcap. I thought it was kind of stupid, considering both Lee Sin and Wukong have better ultimates for initiating.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: January 20, 2012, 05:01:15 pm »

I still think that more people playing mid should take gold/10 runes and masteries and get two gp/10 items immediately.

Mid is super freaking easy and compared to top, they don't scale particularly hard with items. So you don't really lose anything by building Philo or Kage (technically, if you had Philo and Kage you'd be stronger than someone who bought a catalyst). And the extra gold is really no laughing matter. It's anywhere between 3k to 5k difference in gold by the 20th minute depending on how early you managed to score the stuff. That's up to two extra full items! When the enemy has a Deathcap, boots 1 and Catalyst, you'd have a Deathcap, RoA, 2gp/10 items, boots 2. It's a crazy difference. And even if you feed you'd still be on par with him.

Jungling too. There's no lane opponent to fight so you don't really lose anything by getting a bunch of gp/10s. If you have the 17gp/10, you'd be on par with solo lanes!

It merely doesn't work at top simply because top lane tends to rock really, REALLY strong laners that can wreck your shit if you gimped yourself with weak item choices. Not to mention bruiser items tend to be a lot stronger than mage items. (see: Wriggles vs Catalyst)

I know more and more people are subscribing to this idea. I've seen more and more high elo players doing it too and Phreak recently did the Jax spotlight doing exactly that.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6956 on: January 20, 2012, 06:00:58 pm »

Umm... is'nt the GP.s efect on items a unique passive?
Or so i was told...
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: January 20, 2012, 06:15:17 pm »

Unique to each item, meaning they don't stack with themselves but they do with each other.

And yeah, with the new runes it's been quite fun trying some things, like forever roaming Twitch (or bank Twitch) where you just run around killing people while getting awesome gold like you were farming ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: January 20, 2012, 07:43:15 pm »

Unique passive means two philo stones doesn't double gp/5

You need philo stone and Heart of gold, to do that!

Hextech gunblade, wota, and revolver spellvamp all stacks too!
(two revolvers means only 25% spellvamp)

Less obviously,
Brutalizer+ youmuus arpen also stacks. (full arpen is viable on someone like yi or noctourne)

Cooldown reduction says unique passive, but different items stack, like a kindlegem + shureliyas is 25% cdr.
Just keep in mind not to derp and make two shureliyas. could cost you alot of cdr.

Cdr also caps at 40% total from all sources.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: January 20, 2012, 07:46:02 pm »

I still think that more people playing mid should take gold/10 runes and masteries and get two gp/10 items immediately.

Mid is super freaking easy and compared to top, they don't scale particularly hard with items. So you don't really lose anything by building Philo or Kage (technically, if you had Philo and Kage you'd be stronger than someone who bought a catalyst). And the extra gold is really no laughing matter. It's anywhere between 3k to 5k difference in gold by the 20th minute depending on how early you managed to score the stuff. That's up to two extra full items! When the enemy has a Deathcap, boots 1 and Catalyst, you'd have a Deathcap, RoA, 2gp/10 items, boots 2. It's a crazy difference. And even if you feed you'd still be on par with him.

Jungling too. There's no lane opponent to fight so you don't really lose anything by getting a bunch of gp/10s. If you have the 17gp/10, you'd be on par with solo lanes!

It merely doesn't work at top simply because top lane tends to rock really, REALLY strong laners that can wreck your shit if you gimped yourself with weak item choices. Not to mention bruiser items tend to be a lot stronger than mage items. (see: Wriggles vs Catalyst)

I know more and more people are subscribing to this idea. I've seen more and more high elo players doing it too and Phreak recently did the Jax spotlight doing exactly that.

If I'm building traditional AP and you're going GP/5 in mid, I will rock you in any fight until maybe late late game.
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 1067