Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273564 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Viktor, the Machine Herald - 1.0.0.131
« Reply #6885 on: January 15, 2012, 05:18:22 pm »

I've just started playing ranked for the first time in season 2. I had only played one game of ranked in season one, and it was a terrible experience that sent me back to playing normal. This time around my first few games were wins with competent teammates, and even my first loss felt alright because I thought my team had played pretty well. I was surprised at all the good teamwork compared to normal games.

It wasn't until I played a few more that I realized I had been lulled into a false sense of security and found that I had just had a streak of good luck in getting decent teammates. Then came the trolls and leavers, and it was back the League of Legends that I am used to. ha.

I think I might get bored of the meta that ranked players stick to like gospel though, I feel like I get hedged into playing the same champions a lot. And they never want me to play Gragas. But I love the fat man, and I don't understand why the players I come across seem to think he is bad.

ps, if anyone ever wants to play together on the NA server my in game name is Slapfish (could I get added to the playerlist?)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: January 15, 2012, 06:41:51 pm »

Welp, tried jungle Mundo. The jungling part is the easiest. The worst bit is that EVERY OTHER CHAMPION does EVERYTHING better than he does. Mundo is the epitome of sub-par.

If you want to play League of Legends, great, play Lee Sin. If you want to intentionally drive your team towards a loss, Mundo's your guy.

lol roit fix plox

Riot has a lot of things to fix, but they decided releasing new champions who'll probably need fixing is a good idea, apparently.
Also often called Boowells.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6887 on: January 16, 2012, 03:15:43 am »

Amumu is okay in a lane though...

You put him mid and build him AP, he won't die and will do tonnes of damage. Tanks are naturally invulnerable to most mages so barely anything in mid is going to kill him. The only difference is that out of all the true tanks, only him and Malphite have the potential to do shittonnes of damage.

Where is my Rammus, and Maokai? Both of these guys are great tanks, and still deal a crapload of shitton amount of damage.

Rammus for instance, has probably more attack damage than your team's carry late game unless the carry is building straight out AD. All by stacking armor. Rammus can taunt the enemy for 3 seconds, reducing their armor as well, and then land 2 or 3 autoattacks which easily shave off ~500 damage in total from non-tank enemies. Add in the damage reflection from Defenseive Ball Curl and the obvious thornmail, add in the obvious Sunfire Cape and add in the obvious Tremors. He can easily assasinate a fleeing enemy who has 50% HP.

And Maokai? Please, get Rylai/RoA (or both), some CDR and mana from Frozen Heart and this guy just keeps on slamming out the enemies. Sup, an explosive pinecone lands on your face, then the tree flies on to you and roots you down, then he smacks you up, then he hits you with an autoattack and heals for 7% of his max hp, explodes his ult so you take even more damage, and if you keep trying to fight him? His passive charges again from your spells, he heals and refuses to die, deals even more damage, and so on. If you say Rammus and Maokai aren't true tanks that deal shitton of damage, I say that either you forgot to mention them, or you haven't played with these guys.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: January 16, 2012, 03:57:13 am »

Buncha (normal) games where I end up bot, as support, with a ad carry of sorts (catlin, sivir & vayne).

I play support alister or blitz.

And these 3 players completly failed at the concept of right clicking a enemy. Countless times I would lock up the enemy support/make him b - and bash there ad to ours (of course, fully healed, cause when alister yells "YOU CANT MILK THESE" it gives you hp [spaming E]) - and our ad just runs next to the person, till there models are in contact, then runs away when they notice there tackle does no damage.

Why do they keep acting like they are melee champs? Is it that hard to react to a movement of a enemy champ? I mean, I never had a issue clicking on the model or at least not closing into melee range with the enemy when i am ranged, is it my mad gamer skills that allow me to click the right spot?

Then you have the jungle noc that sees that there is a 3x gank going on in mid and that one of the enemies is low (as in, less then 50 hp) "Iīm finish wolfs first, fuck off donīt tell me how to do mah jungle, ganks are not important".

I really need 5 people for eu that can react to a new event withhin 60 sec, please!

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: January 16, 2012, 04:18:51 am »

Well i play on EU servers, so add me (KalSirian)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: January 16, 2012, 04:51:35 am »

Alright, added you. Iīm Thtb (accountname) and even though i mostly spend my time in the thread here raging, I do play for fun and donīt mind losing, if there was at least a chance or a bit of a fight.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: January 16, 2012, 04:04:35 pm »

Amumu is okay in a lane though...

You put him mid and build him AP, he won't die and will do tonnes of damage. Tanks are naturally invulnerable to most mages so barely anything in mid is going to kill him. The only difference is that out of all the true tanks, only him and Malphite have the potential to do shittonnes of damage.

Where is my Rammus, and Maokai? Both of these guys are great tanks, and still deal a crapload of shitton amount of damage.

Rammus for instance, has probably more attack damage than your team's carry late game unless the carry is building straight out AD. All by stacking armor. Rammus can taunt the enemy for 3 seconds, reducing their armor as well, and then land 2 or 3 autoattacks which easily shave off ~500 damage in total from non-tank enemies. Add in the damage reflection from Defenseive Ball Curl and the obvious thornmail, add in the obvious Sunfire Cape and add in the obvious Tremors. He can easily assasinate a fleeing enemy who has 50% HP.

And Maokai? Please, get Rylai/RoA (or both), some CDR and mana from Frozen Heart and this guy just keeps on slamming out the enemies. Sup, an explosive pinecone lands on your face, then the tree flies on to you and roots you down, then he smacks you up, then he hits you with an autoattack and heals for 7% of his max hp, explodes his ult so you take even more damage, and if you keep trying to fight him? His passive charges again from your spells, he heals and refuses to die, deals even more damage, and so on. If you say Rammus and Maokai aren't true tanks that deal shitton of damage, I say that either you forgot to mention them, or you haven't played with these guys.
There's a diffference between nuking a squishy carry down and singlehandedly nuking an entire team down. :P

Malphite and Amumu can singlehandedly kill an entire team with just one combo if they complete their item builds. Unfortunately, Rammus and Maokai can't do this.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: January 16, 2012, 06:22:25 pm »

There's a diffference between nuking a squishy carry down and singlehandedly nuking an entire team down. :P

Malphite and Amumu can singlehandedly kill an entire team with just one combo if they complete their item builds. Unfortunately, Rammus and Maokai can't do this.

I'm actually considering starting to use Malphite more. Early on, I usually prefer mid/top with few skillshots (unless it's Ezreal), but later on, I definitely prefer to be tanky.

Malphite could reasonably take mid, right?

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: January 16, 2012, 06:52:20 pm »

I'm actually considering starting to use Malphite more. Early on, I usually prefer mid/top with few skillshots (unless it's Ezreal), but later on, I definitely prefer to be tanky.

Malphite could reasonably take mid, right?

Malphite mid is a waste because he's an armor champ. And shuts down AD damage dealers. He has no effect on the outputs of casters, besides disrupting them with his ulti.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: January 16, 2012, 07:08:03 pm »

Malphite mid is a waste because he's an armor champ. And shuts down AD damage dealers. He has no effect on the outputs of casters, besides disrupting them with his ulti.

Ehhh... I'm kinda getting tired of using Ryze. I enjoy being incredibly tanky lategame, but Ryze takes too long to get the ball rolling.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: January 16, 2012, 07:16:58 pm »

Malphite is generally better solo top.

He can jungle, too.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: January 16, 2012, 10:32:02 pm »

Patch notes out. Buffs for Jarvan IV and Mundo. I like.

I'm not sure if Jax has a cap on the maximum amount of extra damage he can do with Counter-Strike.
It will be silly when he's ganked by multiple AD carries.

Actually, lots of buffs for tanks. Small buffs, though, but buffs.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Sejuani, that Permaslow Pig - 1.0.0.132
« Reply #6897 on: January 17, 2012, 02:20:05 am »

Patch note analysis, WITH AS MANY CAPS AS POSSIBLE:
  • SHACO NERFFFFFFSSSSS, to quote my facebook status. I've been jungling against Shaco like 70% of the time recently, and it just gets really annoying having to walk around my wraith bush, only to discover that my red is gone.
  • JARVAN BUFFS, especially since I just started jungling with him. Mana is his main issue, and hopefully I'll be throwing a few more blue buffs at my mages after tomorrow.
  • VOLIBEAR BUFFS! They've made the smart move of shifting his damage from his W to his Q and E, increasing his consistency and jungling prowess.
  • Rammus nerfs make me sad, but luckily I can still do that ridiculous level 2 gank I saw on Dan Dinh's stream earlier. THEY SHALL FEEL MY ROLLING WRATH.
  • JAX REMAAAAAKE gives me another jungler so I AM NOT COMPLAINING.
  • Skarner is still going to be ridiculous, nobody kid yourselves.
  • The fury nerf is directed at lane trynd I think? Though in the jungle this means you always have to heal with your fury pre-gank since it's more difficult to keep up for a higher-damage gank. This makes me sad.
  • Warwick is still going to be outclassed by Udyr, Skarner, and Lee Sin, nobody kid yourselves.
  • WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO BUILD IONIC SPARK ON? IT LOOKS TEMPTING.
  • lol surge will still be way worse than exhaust
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:21:41 am by penguinofhonor »

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #6898 on: January 17, 2012, 02:52:53 am »

Ionic Spark... bad for laning (pushes too much), but hilarious on multi-hit champs.

Also, red buff no longer triggers on spells :(

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: January 17, 2012, 03:35:53 am »

Pantheon was too stronk.

Nerf to pantheon, gg.

For one- shyvana wants to attack really really fast.
She has a burst-attackz ad steroid, and a flat damage ad steroid from flamebreath.

so maybe on her if you reallly want to run up and bite people.
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 1067