Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269157 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Viktor, the Machine Herald - 1.0.0.131
« Reply #6765 on: January 10, 2012, 09:43:53 am »

Soooo I've been (re)trying out Pantheon, since I'm sure I whined mentioned a lot of times I used to have him, but asked for a refund, since I found him not really good back then.

Ehm...

I've always wanted to have more kills than the rest of my team :)
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: January 10, 2012, 10:35:29 am »

Match last night, we had a really annoying Shyvana. Went top with Caitlyn, kept whining about not being supported (after tower diving past the point of no return), then at one point randomly yelled out "STOP FEEDING" when nobody had recently died. And he had the most deaths and fewest kills on the team.  ::)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: January 10, 2012, 11:07:47 am »

I started playing this, and I kind of suck. What's a good champion for someone who sucks? Also, what should influence points be spent on?
The typical advice is to just play free champs until you find one your really like. Everyone has preferences/is better with some champs with others. To use your IP most efficiently save it all until level 20 then use it to buy tier 3 runes. Only buy a champ before that if you really like them and plan to play them often.

That said, it's your experience, so treat that advice as a guideline, not a rule! :)
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: January 10, 2012, 11:27:06 am »

The new skins are pretty awesome. Apparently Sona has new sounds and Lee Sin has new idling animations. Wukong has new particles and a redesigned outfit, and Talon has the same.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: January 10, 2012, 11:28:19 am »

Who's the freebies in rotation this week?

EDIT: Nevermind...Google ho!

It's Amumu, Gangplank, Heimerdinger and Nasus.

Y U NO MAKE KARTHUS FREE RIOT?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:30:42 am by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: January 10, 2012, 11:56:28 am »

I started playing this, and I kind of suck. What's a good champion for someone who sucks? Also, what should influence points be spent on?
The typical advice is to just play free champs until you find one your really like. Everyone has preferences/is better with some champs with others. To use your IP most efficiently save it all until level 20 then use it to buy tier 3 runes. Only buy a champ before that if you really like them and plan to play them often.

That said, it's your experience, so treat that advice as a guideline, not a rule! :)

Also keep in mind that that the store offers 'champion bundles' that you can purchase, and they are a rather efficient way to grab a lot of champions at a discount.  If you have been slowly buying champs singly with IP or RP, you don't get any discount for the champions you already have, so the bundles become less of a bargain the more champs you accumulate. 

So the advice I was given (if you're willing to pay a little, and are hooked on the game) was to play all the weekly free champs for awhile and find some favorites, then pick a bundle that has the most of your favorites. 
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: January 10, 2012, 11:57:15 am »

Because noone likes Karthus. Also, I wonder if I will live to see Nidalee/Gragas free. I did live to see Swain, once, but... why isn't Swain's IP price reduced, preciouss? Lying, dirty hobbits, not decreasing our preciousss's price...

Also Pantheon is ridiculous on Dominion. I don't know how I didn't see it before, maybe he got a buff or something? Or the play style just "clicked". But I've yet to have a game where I and only I fail horribly. We either all die and lose by 400:0, or I do well. Jump, block, stabby stabby, spear crit - Død. Oh, the fun. Gotta try Gangplank, too, but I suspect I found my melee main for Dominion :)
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: January 10, 2012, 12:14:22 pm »

I am currently rolling Karthus on Dominion. Absolutely ridiculous.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: January 10, 2012, 12:51:52 pm »

Really? Can you please post a build/runes/masteries? I bought him and tried really, really hard to like him, but alas.

Edit : Also you can finally add me to the US players list - name is Crundles, but I only play Dominion, so :)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: January 10, 2012, 01:04:26 pm »

It's Amumu, Gangplank, Heimerdinger and Nasus.
The full list is Amumu, Gangplank, Heimerdinger, Nasus, Singed, Sivir, Taric, Pantheon, Kog'maw, and Viktor.

Karthus is probably due to come up soon; he hasn't been free since August/September 2011. Nidalee was October 2011 and Gragas was August 2011 too.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:08:03 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: January 10, 2012, 01:07:25 pm »

Ahh thanks. I didn't read the full thing apparently.

Hmmm...Pantheon, you say? Guess I'll give him a shot before deciding on my 3150IP purchase. Wasn't really interested in another melee, but he has promise.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: January 10, 2012, 02:06:29 pm »

Grabbed this from Reddit. Basically details all the popular supports:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: January 10, 2012, 02:30:42 pm »

Nice writeup. As someone who plays a lot of support, I agree with most everything he said (especially how Alistar is half the bull he once was).

Would have liked to see the author's thoughts on playing Kayle (who I seem to gravitate towards the most when a random group needs a support).

I tend to try and pair off with an AD melee, and level up WQWQER. The W is a heal but it's probably more important for the speed boost. Once I have Q, the combo can turn an enemy escape into a pitiful attempt to flee before being beatdown by a boosted Yi, Xin Zhao, Warwick, etc. Late-game, when an AD carry can get insane DPS, R turns them into a one-man tower breaker and the two of us into a backdoor team extraordinaire.

Focusing on W and R, I stick to my lanemate like glue and keep them alive and in lane as much as humanly possible. This means I don't have much in the way of kill numbers, but if I'm paired with a good AD carry, imma have assists out the yin-yang. For my summoner spells, I'll go Heal and Teleport, so that I have yet another trick to keep "my buddy" alive and can recall as needed and then get back to supporting the fight quickly.

Itemwise, I'm looking for mana, CDR and buffing aura effects so things like Frozen Heart, Soul Shroud and Aegis of the Legion.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: January 10, 2012, 03:01:40 pm »

Really? Can you please post a build/runes/masteries? I bought him and tried really, really hard to like him, but alas.

Edit : Also you can finally add me to the US players list - name is Crundles, but I only play Dominion, so :)

I play my Karthus tankystyle. Dom runes would be MPen Reds, HP/Lv Yellow, AP/Lv Blue, Flat AP Quints. Start with Catalyst or Prospector's Ring + Boots. 21/9/0 masteries. Sooner or later you're going to want a tanky AP build with something like Rod of Ages then Deathcap and/or Hourglass, Frozen Heart also fits well. Build situationally appropriate, on Dominion this usually means armor. Q -> E -> W but take an early point of the wall. Ghost/Exhaust is what I took, for melee-defense. Promote should also work like a charm.

Karth is strong at bottom lane, has a strong pushing game and few can match his tower defense. Requiem interrupts from across the map or helps top lane out in a sticky situation. Even at top, though, he can poke quite hard, and has massive AoE. Damage potential is what you're looking for, but Karth tends to blow up fast, hence tanky build.

If you are about to die, reposition yourself so that you are at the best possible position for the next seven seconds.

Also, that support list misses Leona. Me heavily disappoint.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: January 10, 2012, 07:15:29 pm »

viktor
-base mana regen per 5 seconds increased to 6.9 from 4.3
-basic attack frame has been improved to be more responsive
-fixed a bug with chaos storm where the opposing viktor could control your storm
-fixed a bug where gravity field's stun effect could not be cleansed
-improved death ray to be more responsive
-fixed a bug where viktor's augments displayed a cost of 1200g instead of 1000g

Fixed today.
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1067