Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269334 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Viktor, the Machine Herald - 1.0.0.131
« Reply #6690 on: January 07, 2012, 04:36:10 pm »

I've been playing Shen as support/tank recently in solo queue, usually played Taric in ranked as support.

Any comments/feelings about Shen?

Shen is annoying when I play a glassy character.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: January 07, 2012, 05:04:06 pm »

I should probably stop playing dominion, I'm not even having that much fun, it's just so easy to get IP there. It's also annoying because there's nothing you can do that wins you the game. Went bot as Caitlyn vs LeBlanc, 6 kills, 2 deaths because they kept a permanent 2/3 bot, their LB is at 0/6, but nooo, we lose 350:0. And then, after tryharding 4 more games and getting 4 more losses I trollpick AD eve, end up 13/3 or something ridiculous like that and we win.

Also yeah, Umi, your posts are quite informative. Thanks for the Shaco stuff, too!
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: January 07, 2012, 05:26:45 pm »

Thanks for the compliments huehue~

I'm still waiting for the time I can actually play this game again...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: January 07, 2012, 07:22:45 pm »

Play normal game.

Get 4 man "backdoor" premade.

0/12, 0/14, 0/8, 3/9.

I get reported for going 3/3.

8)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: January 07, 2012, 09:57:43 pm »

Play normal game.

0/12, 0/14, 0/8, 3/9.

8)
How is it a backdoor strategy if they're all doing it?

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6695 on: January 08, 2012, 05:29:46 am »

Play normal game.

0/12, 0/14, 0/8, 3/9.

8)
How is it a backdoor strategy if they're all doing it?
To my understanding backdooring is pushing buildings with no help of base minions (Heimer turrets, Yannik's ghosts, etc don't count).

I also was once against a team that just backdoored again and again, it had Yi, Rammus, Alistar and someone else + the pubbie. Needless to say, it was goddamn annoying to be against them.

Quote from:  League of Legends Wiki
Backdooring (also BDing or BD) is the commonly used term for a strategy whereupon one or more champions will attack the enemy team's structures such as turrets, inhibitors, or the Nexus without the support of their friendly minion wave. In other words, sneaking into the enemy base without having pushed the lane first.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: January 08, 2012, 05:35:21 am »

What would you do against a team of five backdoorers?

I'd probably go full defense and see how many we can take out, then push while most of them are dead.
Shoes...

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #6697 on: January 08, 2012, 05:42:21 am »

I'd probably go full defense and see how many we can take out, then push while most of them are dead.
Farm up and wait.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6698 on: January 08, 2012, 05:45:47 am »

Farm up and wait.
Basically this, and use their strategy against themselves: While 3 or 4 defend, have 1 or 2 guys backdoor their buildings, prefarably someone with quite high armor+hp to tank tower dmg, and someone with great DPS, such as Yi or some mages with lichbane, like Karthus. (Mages deal 40% of their AP in damage, so with 500 AP your attacks do 200 dmg)
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: January 08, 2012, 06:38:49 am »

Good match last night. 5v4 right out of the gate due to one enemy disconnect during the load screen. But...half our team was Brazilian, so there was even less coordination than usual for a random queue. Me (as Garen) and Cho'Gath against a solo Maokai top. Most frustrating lane matchup I've had a in a while. We could easily hold our lane and even push to the tower periodically, but he made excellent use of his tower and kept driving us back. Meanwhile, couldn't get enough hits in to take him out. And because he was solo, he was soaking up the XP like a sponge, out lvling us by 1-2 levels by the time we were 8 and he was 10.

Then the teamfights started. I hate Malphite. Goddamn, do I hate tanky Malphite. Got a decent run of kills against Graves and Caitlyn but I might as well have been spinning a wet noodle against Malphite. In the end, we won but it took 54 minutes.

I'm also about to hit 3150IP...who should I buy next? I think I need more ranged options in my stable. All I've got right now are Tristy, Soraka and Sivir. I'm still a mistake-prone player so I need one that's somewhat forgiving. I've had fun with Veigar and Heimerdinger when they've been freebies, and I've been leaning towards Karthus since he has a lot of good buzz and on that list of top 5 counters for each character that somebody posted, Karthus was a counter to like half the field. Kinda wish he was on the free rotation so I could take him for a test drive first.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: January 08, 2012, 07:07:25 am »

Well, there's not really much to say without knowing what type of characters you enjoy playing.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: January 08, 2012, 07:16:41 am »

Champions that don't suck?  :P

And/or help hide how much I suck?

I dunno....I typically play support/tank but I've got a ready supply of melee champs already. Now I need some good ranged options for when my random team is already stacked with brawlers. But I think I want a pure ranged damage-dealer, not a support ranged (I've got Soraka for that).

I suppose at the 3150 tier, I'm trying to narrow it down between Lux, Karthus and Heimerdinger. And of those, Heimer is the only one I've played. I can own the field with him vs bots, not so much against humans. I've played Sona and while I liked what she could do, she was a little too complicated for my taste. Ditto for LeBlanc.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: January 08, 2012, 08:09:39 am »

Champions that don't suck?  :P

And/or help hide how much I suck?

I dunno....I typically play support/tank but I've got a ready supply of melee champs already. Now I need some good ranged options for when my random team is already stacked with brawlers. But I think I want a pure ranged damage-dealer, not a support ranged (I've got Soraka for that).

I suppose at the 3150 tier, I'm trying to narrow it down between Lux, Karthus and Heimerdinger. And of those, Heimer is the only one I've played. I can own the field with him vs bots, not so much against humans. I've played Sona and while I liked what she could do, she was a little too complicated for my taste. Ditto for LeBlanc.
Sona is the best support in-game and she costs 3150 IP.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: January 08, 2012, 08:15:16 am »

I vvould suggest Luxanna McLaserGuard.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: January 08, 2012, 08:37:39 am »

I'm in the same boat - 3150 IP, wondering what to buy (again). I've narrowed it down to Lux, Pantheon, Xin and Gangplank, but I'm only playing dominion, so... I actually bought Pan and Xin back then, sucked with both, so I asked for a refund. Now I'm going to have to buy them both again, and have wasted IP on much dumber champions (Karthus in Dominion, q.e.d.).

Sadly all the good ranged AD carries are 6300 (Vayne, Caitlyn and Graves) so an option is to save 6300 and get Caitlyn, she's also free now so you can try her out (so is Graves, but Cait's range and traps are much easier to pick up on; Vayne is probably the strongest AD carry right now, but she's a bit harder to play well).

If you want support I believe Alistar is free, and he's the best melee support, Janna and Sona are the best ranged.

Honestly Annie is a very good AP carry if you can get the stun right, she probably won't be that good at high Elo, but I've never even played ranked, so what do I even know :D From the champions you listed I suppose Karthus is the best for SR, since I've heard Lux has long-ish cooldowns and not much to do in between, and you can do some annoying stuff with Karthus' ult. Kassadin is also an option, since he's got really heavy burst and good mobility; his laning is very weak, though. Morgana is another good choice, especially if you like playing mid.

For a pure range AP damage dealer you want (again) 6300 ip champions, sadly. Try Brand, he's free, but he's kinda heavy on the skillshots. Malzahar is good, but requires some skill to land the silence adequately. Cass is supposed to be a hidden gem, but she has no escape mechanisms and her stun is kind of weird - she needs to be facing her opponents.

Bear in mind I could be talking out of my ass, since I don't play SR and just read other people's opinions on it :D

edit : NIDALEE. She's supposed to be really fun and interesting to play, but since Riot have this weird philosophy where the most interesting champions are never, ever free, I've never played her. For further reading see Swain, Gragas, Lux.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 08:46:28 am by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1067