Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269393 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Viktor, the Machine Herald - 1.0.0.131
« Reply #6645 on: January 04, 2012, 10:05:39 pm »

You don't need armor runes if you never get hit.

She has great early game harrass and pretty good mobility, armor seals are nice but I've never really used them with her (only mana regen ones, helps with spamming your Q).

But really I'm here to only say that I've played against (begginner) bots with my two cousins today (up to lvl 20) as Mantheon and had 32 of our 60 kills with zero deaths, also almost 600 damage, just feels good to be able to ult into four of them and finish them off just with your E XD
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: January 04, 2012, 10:06:24 pm »

I saw a jungle MF a bit ago... ganks were surprisingly scary with all that bonus movespeed she gets. No idea about runes or masteries though, sorry. I feel like she's shorter range than other AD carries, but I'm not sure why. If that's true a little armor/health could be useful I guess? Maybe? Overall I agree with Jopax I guess; depending on what the alternatives are it might just not be worth it.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: January 04, 2012, 11:05:30 pm »

Actually, come to think of it. I haven't played support in ages. Nowadays, I play 3v3 and Dominion a lot, generally going good duelling tanky DPS like Warwick. Pity that EVERYONE wants me to jungle whenever I play Warwick. I can't jungle well, if at all. Last jungling attempt I did, we won the game, but only thanks to Tryndamere. Bottom lane couldn't hold their own for shit, so I got Tryndamere a few kills.
Also often called Boowells.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: January 04, 2012, 11:29:32 pm »

Just playing with this Yi dude, and man he is all kinds of awesome, especially his very dedicated roleplaying of being a chinese dude and therefore switching up the spelling a bit, makes the whole crappy match worth it :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: January 05, 2012, 02:34:59 am »

I saw a jungle MF a bit ago... ganks were surprisingly scary with all that bonus movespeed she gets. No idea about runes or masteries though, sorry. I feel like she's shorter range than other AD carries, but I'm not sure why. If that's true a little armor/health could be useful I guess? Maybe? Overall I agree with Jopax I guess; depending on what the alternatives are it might just not be worth it.
MF does have shorter range yeah.

However, her damage, especially early game, is obscene. Seriously. I'd put it on Garen on X^Z levels. At level 2, she can very easily kill anyone if the player was ballsy enough to go all in... which is really easy if you're jungle ganking AND run in with red buff.

I mean... wow... let's look at a level 2 MF gank. You're getting smacked by really high base AD autoattacks... an attack speed boost... the extra magic damage from her W... and the massive burst from her Q... and red buff. That's what? 200 - 300 damage when people only have 500hp? I can definitely see how scary that is.

She's really squishy though, and no escape. Junglers tend to need to be a little tankier.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: January 05, 2012, 03:19:40 am »

Vayne OP. And that 0/6 Graves. That's Solo Queue for you. Vayne pubstomps too hard unless you've got a team going. I don't understand how that Graves + Taric situation didn't work out. Nice attempt Yoda, but it looks like your team-mates lost you another game :[.

Shameless Bump: http://www.own3d.tv/OberonDark
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:23:49 am by xDarkz »

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: January 05, 2012, 03:33:23 am »

Mf is just sad these days. Her ult got changed(not nerfed, specifically,) just changed, and became unfun.

The full duration of a point-blank mf ult used to be the most damage in the entire game.

The higest scaling too, with either ap, or ad.

You shoot that shit? people either die or run in fucking fear.

Usually both.

Lets say you were fed mf, and alistar stunned a bunch of people.
Using just that,

You would unleash waves of death that killed the tank, the squishy ad carry to one side, and hurt the support, ap, and jungler who hid behind that tank, quite sivirly.

That also worked regardless of wether you built ad, or ap.

These days people just waltz out of mf ults like a tent fell down, then walk back and kill her.

In those days, everybody on the enemy team saved flash just for your ult.
(if they knew what it could do, I was at the elo where people did not)
You wanted to kill someone specific? you just lined up, and shot them dead with your ult.
Nothin they could do. Mf was the best bounty hunter. In the game.

Back then, she was better than graves ever was, all hinging on her ult.

You know? her entire kit was designed around her ult.
Around its very, specific, mechanics.

That awkward double up, that 'useless' slow, those impure shots, that movespeed buff.
ALL OF IT.

Miss fortune could stop a push all by her lonesome, using just her ult.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:53:48 am by eerr »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: January 05, 2012, 04:34:33 am »

Quite sivirly
Icwutudidther.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: January 05, 2012, 06:45:42 am »

Miss fortune could stop a push all by her lonesome, using just her ult.
i remember that bullshit, you used to play didnt you?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: January 05, 2012, 07:27:02 am »

Sigh, AFKers ruin games.
I'm running Yi in domination, and go on a massive killing spree (4 PDs, 1 stark and 1 IE). I went 27/7/9. The final score was 0-1 hp remaining. We lost. Why?
A Graves piece of shit went AFK without any notice when the score was 360-29. We shoulda won that game. Instead we completely annihilated the enemy champs, but with five of them to four of us they just attacked all the towers at once, and gradually took the entire map. Bullsh*t. Pure bullsh*t.

The Graves was subsequently reported by the entire game, including the enemy team who agreed that we should have won the game.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: January 05, 2012, 07:38:45 am »

Sigh, AFKers ruin games.
I'm running Yi in domination, and go on a massive killing spree (4 PDs, 1 stark and 1 IE).
Replace three of those PDs with Berserker Greaves, Frozen Hammer and Bloodthirster. Perfect Yi build.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: January 05, 2012, 10:41:14 am »

I ran into an AP Yi. With Tristana. He was unimpressed. Also, he was so bad that he thought he could tank my shots with his Meditate.

Ya know, maybe he didn't get the message about Grievous Wounds?

But that's okay. His AD Sion was doing work. It takes a lot of effort to keep walking back from base. Akali made sure of that.

And then our AP Soraka took out Ryze and Caitlyn top lane.

Their Mordekaiser was rightly mad.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: January 05, 2012, 11:09:36 am »

Hey guys, I wanna ask you something. I got 3150 IP again, and am wondering who to buy - Shaco or Lux. Now, I've seen a lot of Luxes do really well, including today. But she's a caster, and skillshot based one. I'm not that bad with skillshots, but on the other hand Shaco is Shaco - the most annoying thing in Dominion bar none. Oh yeah, I'm currently playing only Dominion, so it's with that in mind.

I'm asking because I just bought Karthus blind, because someone in the SA thread claimed he was incredibly good, and... he's not :( Or I'm not and I have never seen one do that, which is basically the same from my perspective.

What would you recommend I do?

Oh yeah, and I had another 1:0 victory in Dominion today, and I was first :) It's my first since I'm level 30, though I did have one where we won with 1:0 and were 4v5, but that was at lvl 21, so it doesn't really count.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: January 05, 2012, 11:12:03 am »

Lux=rape. IF you know how to build. IF you can aim SS well.
Shaco...well..
Shaco box stacking leads to early game bullshit and instakills.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: January 05, 2012, 12:26:56 pm »

Since I'm on a streak of buying champions I can't use (Karthus, Evelyn, Leblanc), I bought Shaco. Haven't played him yet, I'll probably report back on how horribly I did later.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 1067