Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269440 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Viktor, the Machine Herald - 1.0.0.131
« Reply #6615 on: January 02, 2012, 05:27:26 am »

General build for tanky derps is one damage item and the rest is tanky stuff according to the enemy team. Lee benefits greatly from Triforce and Atmogs, and that's pretty much it, if they have huge amounts of armor just build LW and you're set.

And another thing with Lee is that a good one will always keep jumping around, making it very very annoying to even hit him, and naturally he will be rather tanky so most people will start to ignore him because what little damage he gets doesn't really do anything to him.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: January 02, 2012, 10:32:06 am »

Metagolem is the only way to tanky DPS. Especially if your name is Jarman / Lee Singer / Gangplank.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Once you get good at the game, then you can try squishy builds.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: January 02, 2012, 12:53:02 pm »

Lee sin doesn't do squishy builds.

you eat one cc and die horribly.

All you can do is build fat damage items. like atmogs., frozen mallet, sunfire cape, ect.

If, at the end of the game, you just can't carry-

Get hextech gunblade.

Kicking someone for 160 hp back is an effective tactic.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: January 02, 2012, 01:13:19 pm »

Morgana carries all the teams.

All of them.

Whoever decided feeding bottom lane Akali and Caitlyn was an idiot, but Shaco, Irelia, and I managed to carry our entire team to the end. Though, to be fair, Kog'Maw managed to realize his role was to stand AWAY from the fight. Mordekaiser... had no idea what to do.

We lose top and bot towers. We lost a teamfight early, with 4 to 5 being killed. Pirate takes our mid tower. Shaco and I get adequately fed at the start, but Akali and Caitlyn were much fatter. After that, we manage to make AP Sion useless, but they take baron. They manage to win another teamfight, take out our mid inhibitor and then take out more towers.

We get an amazing turnaround. I tried surrendering, but it doesn't succeed. Good thing too: We go and push some lanes, and then a teamfight breaks out bottom. They're way out of position: Sion misstuns on my shield, Shaco has already killed Akali, they're at half health, they run right into my ult... Bad news for them. We push mid to their inhibitor, but can't take it in time. Shaco assures me we can take baron, and seeing as how he and I are the best players on our team, I trust him. We take it just as they show up, and Morderkaiser acts like an idiot and gets himself killed.

We defend our bottom and top towers, and Shaco manages some amazing kills, and I get the best assists ever. Kog'Maw gets himself killed on Akali and Sion, but I throw a bind on Akali and a pool and scare her off after she does a lot of damage. Sion comes out of nowhere and chases me with his shield. I'm down to like 100 health, and I get the luckiest snare ever. He's snared right in my base turret. He gets hit three times, and the turret even blasts through his shield for the kill.

That Sion. He just got so kill-happy. He tried killing me so many times, and failed almost every time. At the end, he was 4/11/15. I was 5/2/23. Also, their Gangplank had no idea his heal removed cc. He sat in my snares for their entire durations before eating.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: January 02, 2012, 04:11:10 pm »

I don't normally solo-top, but when I do, I choose Nasus.

Every game, they let me farm up top. Every game, I get my 2 gp/5. Every game, I rush in with tanky items past their inhibitor turret and Q the squishies for a third of their health.
Also often called Boowells.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: January 02, 2012, 04:35:46 pm »

Every game, they let me farm up top. Every game, I get my 2 gp/5. Every game, I rush in with tanky items past their inhibitor turret and Q the squishies for a third of their health.
Psh. Only for a third of their health?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: January 02, 2012, 06:17:05 pm »

Psh. Only for a third of their health?

Pantheon was particularly aggressive before I got my Heart of Gold. Curse that spammable ranged spear.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: January 02, 2012, 06:23:05 pm »

True. <3 nasus.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: January 02, 2012, 06:26:52 pm »

i play nasus when i really dont wanna suck  :P
just as with singed
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:33:33 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: January 02, 2012, 09:02:58 pm »

Careful when buying gp/10 items as solo top.

When you get to higher skill level play, people see it as a sign of extreme weakness in lane. So people only get them if they're EXTREMELY confident in their laning success. Remember that GP/10 aren't super cheap items and they don't actually give much in the way of stats. I'll give you an example:

Suppose Irelia was fighting Garen at top lane. If Irelia spent 900g on Philo stone if she first went back whereas Garen bought two longswords, she's probably going to die if Garen decides he wants to kill her. This wouldn't be the case if Irelia instead bought cloth armour or even a chain vest.

It's generally fine in lower skill play where most of us are not that good and the opponents don't know how to capitalize on most stuff, but when you watch livestreams and stuff, you can listen to the pros talk about these and how it allows them to get a distinct advantage.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: January 02, 2012, 09:58:48 pm »

You wusses, Nasus only needs one GP/5 item (philo stone), then you just farm not giving a fuck about anything untill you have some 300 farmed damage on Q. Then you ace the enemy team :>
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: January 02, 2012, 10:07:36 pm »

I actually use two GP/10 items as core parts of a single build: Gangplank. I don't think that I get them on just about any other character.

Philosopher stone for the mana regen and sustainability in lane, and Avarice Blade for the crit. The GP/10 parts just add to the massive amount that I'm going to farm regardless.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: January 02, 2012, 10:30:07 pm »

13 hp pots top. win game. huehuehue

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: January 02, 2012, 11:59:35 pm »

Holy shit. Superb Villain Veigar. DO WANT.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1067