Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269267 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ahri, the Nine-Tailed Fox - 1.0.0.131
« Reply #6315 on: December 13, 2011, 06:00:08 pm »

I FINALLY GOT MORGANA IN DRAFT!!!!

So happy, I could cry~ And the enemy counterpicked me with Annie too, so freaking happy it's like my birthday! Absolute roflstomp!
How does one even try to counterpick Morgana?

Take Ezreal mid. Don't get snared. Kill her before she becomes tanky.
I think the best way to counterpick her is just to not get snared. But, that is actually pretty easy. I'm getting used to dodging skillshots. All you have to do is to zigzag unpredictably, like when fleeing or approaching a sniper.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: December 13, 2011, 06:04:24 pm »

I played Morde. And won a game.

Now trying out Panth. I doubt he'll be much different though. I already stomped with him before.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: December 13, 2011, 06:06:22 pm »

Defeating Morgana involves outdamaging her shield. If you have enough damage to burst through her shield (or ignore it), then you can kill her anytime. However, there are some caveats:
1. If breaking her shield makes you unable to kill her because of cooldowns, you'll never kill her without help.
2. If you can't repeat this damage consistently, she's just going to heal everything.
3. It's impossible as a melee.

So this leaves champions like Orianna, Urgot, Kog Maw, etc. All these guys can handle her.

You cannot ignore her and let her farm as Morgana is one of the strongest lategame mages in the entire game.

----

By the way, you know how we're always dissing solo queue? Let me talk about an awesome solo queuer instead!

This guy, I thought he was some sort of super newbie with Maokai. He takes him jungle but we all stare at him while he doesn't place any saplings. So we're all like  ??? What is this guy doing? Then blue spawns and he uses E. The ground pound. Now we're all like  :-\ Sigh... Randoms...

But it turned out this guy had a plan! An awesome plan!

He took blue and walked bot. Then comes the most incredible gank I have ever seen in my entire goddamn life. I shit you not okay. This guy. Level 2. He WALKS RIGHT NEXT to the enemy Caitlyn somehow (seriously, I'm still trying to figure out how he did this). No ghost. No flash. Then, 1 pixel next to her he finally roots her in place. Then the groundpound for even more CC and we manage to catch up and first blood this Caitlyn. Maokai. No saplings.

:o

So cool!

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: December 14, 2011, 04:38:36 am »

Back when i played tristana mid a lot, i think i had no trouble beating morganas. You just need movespeed to avoid her snare and leave her aoe quickly, then just harass her with autoattacks and go for the kill when she's low enough. Her shield doesnt protect her from AD damage, as far as i know. A good escape mechanism like tristana's jump is also useful if she uses her ult. I think that most other ranged ad carries counter her too.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: December 14, 2011, 07:24:27 am »

Well yeah (ranged) AD counters her nicly, but so does good sustain dmg casters (karthus/cass), but it really depends on your skill vs morganas skill.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: December 14, 2011, 07:32:25 am »

Well yeah (ranged) AD counters her nicly, but so does good sustain dmg casters (karthus/cass), but it really depends on your skill vs morganas skill.
This pretty much.

It doesn't matter who you play: if you cannot dodge skillshots, you will die. If you can dodge skillshots, then you just need to outdamage her healing and shield. If you do lots of physical damage, you probably win. However, her shield still blocks ALL forms of cc.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: December 14, 2011, 09:43:53 am »

7.5gp/10 at level 1!

I'm rich huehuehue!!! ALL THE GOLD!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: December 14, 2011, 10:25:16 am »

Decided it was too much of a pain to save up for Karthus right now, and opted for Garen instead. Kinda interesting rebuilding my rune and mastery pages for a non-mana user. Probably dumb question, but should I build Garen AD or AP? His base attack is fairly slow, and with a good amount of emphasis on cooldown reduction, he spends a lot more time using his abilities than just attacking. He also seems to be a natural megatank late-game (250+ armor and I wasn't even trying to stack armor).

So far, I've been item building with Boots of Swiftness, and then anything that gives me a cooldown reduction and/or slows enemy champs movement speed. Garen makes a surprisingly good assassin, between his Q and ult.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: December 14, 2011, 10:45:20 am »

I can recommend Karthus.

Tryed free heimerdinger... horrible game, I (as heimer) had the best score, most dmg done, most towers/inhibs killed, most minion kills, carry carry carry... Canīt do anything when my team feeds a lebonk 25 (!) kills. Seriously, she was 7/0 before 10 min, team refuses to stop feeding or build MR.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: December 14, 2011, 10:53:07 am »

Decided it was too much of a pain to save up for Karthus right now, and opted for Garen instead. Kinda interesting rebuilding my rune and mastery pages for a non-mana user. Probably dumb question, but should I build Garen AD or AP? His base attack is fairly slow, and with a good amount of emphasis on cooldown reduction, he spends a lot more time using his abilities than just attacking. He also seems to be a natural megatank late-game (250+ armor and I wasn't even trying to stack armor).

So far, I've been item building with Boots of Swiftness, and then anything that gives me a cooldown reduction and/or slows enemy champs movement speed. Garen makes a surprisingly good assassin, between his Q and ult.

He has zero AP ratios. Don't even think of that.

AD. He gets to build Ghostblade naturally in case he needs AS.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: December 14, 2011, 11:15:49 am »

Garen doesn't make a surprisingly good assassin... he IS an assassin. =|

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: December 14, 2011, 11:18:22 am »

Garen doesn't make a surprisingly good assassin... he IS an assassin. =|
Well, he's not flagged as one so I wasn't consdering that when I bought him. I was looking for another tank to add to the stable that was a bit more damage-heavy and less support tank than Alistar.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: December 14, 2011, 01:06:45 pm »

You could try Maokai or Malphite. They're both really fun and easy to play, incredibly tanky, lots of damage, lane very well, can jungle, can support, can top lane, can mid lane, get progressively better as the game goes on, and have lots of CC.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: December 14, 2011, 01:12:46 pm »

You could try Maokai or Malphite. They're both really fun and easy to play, incredibly tanky, lots of damage, lane very well, can jungle, can support, can top lane, can mid lane, get progressively better as the game goes on, and have lots of CC.
I've tried both. Maokai was interesting but his abilities too tricky for me to get a good handle on. Malphite was relatively straightforward, but wasn't very fun. And at least the couple of matches I played with him, he was getting owned by mages.

Next I either need to save up for Karthus or find me a good ranged champ. Only ranged I have are Soraka and Tristana, and I'm okay playing Soraka as support but not as a damage dealer. And I'm competent but not solid with Tristana.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: December 14, 2011, 01:31:32 pm »

I can recommend Karthus.

Tryed free heimerdinger... horrible game, I (as heimer) had the best score, most dmg done, most towers/inhibs killed, most minion kills, carry carry carry... Canīt do anything when my team feeds a lebonk 25 (!) kills. Seriously, she was 7/0 before 10 min, team refuses to stop feeding or build MR.
You mean health.
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 1067