Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269276 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Iorek Byrnison, the Armored Bear - 1.0.0.130
« Reply #6255 on: December 12, 2011, 07:56:55 am »

Mostly (my) wins donīt depend if my teammates are great in using there skills or quick clickers, but having roughly the same aggresiveness...

Exploit all exploitable situations... if your karthus dies from a 4 champ enemy gank in there jungle, donīt waste a minute bitching at him, take a tower, since he forced 3 of the 4 to go b.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: December 12, 2011, 08:02:43 am »

Very insightful comments you've posted above! I was in a game earlier where we were up by about 20 kills. We just swept them during team fights and had total map control. I opted to push mid lane after an ace, but everyone else wanted to baron. I shielded, activated Riven's ULT for her AD steroid and proceeded to rush the tower. I got it down and we scored baron, oh yey!

What did we do with this baron buff? Absolutely nothing. I died in the process of pushing the outer turret into the base cause everybody else decided to roam the jungle and clear creeps. Granted, I was also at fault for pushing by myself but man... I'd just thought my constant pinging and baron buff would have made them more bawlsy and actually start pushing some turrets.

On the side note, finally got my 6300 IP. Pretty sure I'm getting Riven. I was going to go with Lee Sin, but I've already got a decent jungler, and I heard that he doesn't scale all too well into late game. A lot of people say she's pretty useless in teamfights, but others say she's a hypercarry-esque type of champion. I don't really care about all that, I just love the way she flows. Her outrageous scaling is also a plus :P. Also, just curious, but which of the champions on LoL actually have the highest scaling ratios? I've seen stupidly scary Vaynes out there, ridiculous Talons and oooohh, don't get me started not Veigar.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:24:47 am by xDarkz »

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: December 12, 2011, 08:32:58 am »

Fuck playing AD carries. Team doesn't pick a jungler or a support, so I'm put top with a Malphite who insisted on killing all the creeps so we can push the tower. I also keep dying because Xin is ganking a lot but my team is adamant about not getting wards, and Malphite is just randomly leaving the lane to go to mid for absolutely no reason at all. Fizz, who is two levels higher then me, jumps me everytime this happens.
And still, Malphite decides to hang out in the river. God knows what he is doing there.

Then teamfights. I hide behind my team and tell Malphite and Volibear to initiate, which they do. Then they run away, leaving Xerath and I alone to fight the other team. Since Xerath was mid, he was a higher level then I so the other team was focusing me.

In the end it's my fault that we lost. Soloqueue, gotta love it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: December 12, 2011, 08:40:41 am »

Nidalee has a 3.0 AD ratio on her Q.
Better learn to dodge.

Fuck playing AD carries. Team doesn't pick a jungler or a support, so I'm put top with a Malphite who insisted on killing all the creeps so we can push the tower. I also keep dying because Xin is ganking a lot but my team is adamant about not getting wards, and Malphite is just randomly leaving the lane to go to mid for absolutely no reason at all. Fizz, who is two levels higher then me, jumps me everytime this happens.
And still, Malphite decides to hang out in the river. God knows what he is doing there.

Then teamfights. I hide behind my team and tell Malphite and Volibear to initiate, which they do. Then they run away, leaving Xerath and I alone to fight the other team. Since Xerath was mid, he was a higher level then I so the other team was focusing me.

Pick a Jungler?

The wards issue, though, is understandable. I just don't understand WHY people insist on not buying wards. I write in teamchat "Buy wards, please" and my return is "no lmao" because they clearly don't care about map presence. Which brings me to my next point of this has come from a JANNA who was SUPPORT. And then blamed me for not rescuing her when she trekked into the river alone.

Wards are cheap, and they save you more gold in the long run. It's not the end of the world to spend 75 gold for 3 minutes of map awareness. That's 3 minutes of not being killed without warning from a certain direction.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: December 12, 2011, 09:50:17 am »

Nidalee has a 3.0 AD ratio on her Q.
Better learn to dodge.

Pick a Jungler?

The wards issue, though, is understandable. I just don't understand WHY people insist on not buying wards. I write in teamchat "Buy wards, please" and my return is "no lmao" because they clearly don't care about map presence. Which brings me to my next point of this has come from a JANNA who was SUPPORT. And then blamed me for not rescuing her when she trekked into the river alone.

Wards are cheap, and they save you more gold in the long run. It's not the end of the world to spend 75 gold for 3 minutes of map awareness. That's 3 minutes of not being killed without warning from a certain direction.
The thing is, we had a Volibear and a Malphite and either of those champions can jungle.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: December 12, 2011, 10:51:37 am »

Why did your allies have to buy wards so YOU wouldn't get ganked? Why are you in a place where fizz can get you when your alone? You will always have noobs on your team, no matter how much you play. You just need to work on your own mistakes and get better..so......so the matchmaking can give you even bigger noobs to even out the next game.

I hate you riot.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: December 12, 2011, 10:53:05 am »

Why are you in a place where fizz can get you when your alone?

Because he queued on Summoner's Rift, Dominion, or Twisted Treeline?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: December 12, 2011, 12:14:28 pm »

Hi, I'm a newb.  I'm just getting the hang of this game and having a lot of fun with it.  I'm a huge Team Fortress fan and I think what appeals to me about LoL is that it seems to also reward players that can master multiple characters in order to fill missing roles.  I typically wait until my team has picked its characters and then pick mine.  I have the DCP and the Champ Pack.  Level 10.

So far, I've learned Ryze and Warwick and I think I've got them down, although I run Warwick in a lane mostly.  I attempted to follow a jungle guide for WW and I don't know if it was out of date, or if its my lack of masteries/runes, but I was level 2 at a point where the guide said I should be level 4 so I got off track, and I fell way behind my teammates even though I felt like I was making decent time on the neutrals (yes, had Smite).  I seem to do ok as a Lanewick, usually going top with a squishy and pushing ahead of the creep waves a little to force the enemy further away from farming creeps and taking shots at my teammate.  Having something useful instead of Smite seems to make a big difference.  Is jungling really worth it at low summoner level? 

What type of character should I try to master next?  So far when at character selection, I pick WW or Ryze to balance out the heavies or nukers the rest of my team picks.  What would be a good third character type to master?

Should I be spending IP on runes at this level, or wait until I have access to the good runes? 
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: December 12, 2011, 12:17:00 pm »

Wait until level 20 to buy the tier 3 runes. :)

Ideally, you'd want to save up to buy a few sets of good runes before you invest more in champions but we all know human nature... so if you want to splurge on champs you find fun, you should feel free.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: December 12, 2011, 12:26:13 pm »

Well, I'm an older gamer with some dough, and can tell this game will be worth a lot of playtime, so I splurged on the digital collector's and champ pack.  Merry Christmas, me.  So champs I have plenty of - its picking which ones to learn next that I am having trouble with.  I realize younger players have 'favorites' they stick with and fewer to select from, so I enjoy picking characters that fill that "Now all we need is a ..." role to fill out the team.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:29:00 pm by Werdna »
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: December 12, 2011, 01:08:07 pm »

First try one fo the mainstream champions yourself. Yi, Miss Fortune, Ashe, other AD carries (auto attackers). They are the ones who you are most likely to support and use the basics of the game the most (last hitting, juking, ect.). If you try jungling right away, you won't understand the use one can be to the other players.

Tanks use CC, and need to protect others, thinking on a different level. Play a tank after you have played a carry and found how useful ti would be to have a tank hit that guy that is attacking you away.

Support give carries boosts. They heal them and sit back and let them farm. Play them after you have played a carry and think what it would be like to have more health and gold.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: December 12, 2011, 01:10:46 pm »

I hate miss fortune.
Kicks my ass every single time.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: December 12, 2011, 01:12:29 pm »

Let's talk about the most common reasons for lost games.

1. Failing to push
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2. Pointless baron leading to ace

3. Bot lane loses

Word.  Especially at low level these are the ones you have to watch out for in solo queue.  I can't count the number of games I've lost because I was the only one trying to push, or because my team got aced at baron.  It got to the point where I started yelling at them, and that didn't help.

At low levels when no one jungles the most decisive role is solo mid.  If you know what you're doing and you're playing a strong solo mid (My favorite was Malzahar because of his pushing power) you can take your tower in ten minutes and start ganking the other lanes.  It's basically a guaranteed win.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 1067