Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269511 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fizz, the Tidal Trickster - 1.0.0.129
« Reply #6105 on: December 06, 2011, 10:42:33 pm »

When will the champions stop? There is a point where adding more champions is entirely a bad decision. And I think it was already hit.

Bleh.

Why? Right now, DotA has 104 heroes. It seems fine.
And that's too many as well. I don't see how that was a rebuttal.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: December 06, 2011, 11:02:01 pm »

When will the champions stop? There is a point where adding more champions is entirely a bad decision. And I think it was already hit.

Bleh.

Maybe I should have asked why you think that's too many before jumping to conclusions and throwing unfitting responses at you.

So. Why do you think that's too many champions?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: December 06, 2011, 11:47:37 pm »

What's wrong with having more choices, more champions?

This has to be one of the first times in history someones complained about getting more of something that wasn't taxes ???.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: December 06, 2011, 11:53:36 pm »

Bleh.

Maybe I should have asked why you think that's too many before jumping to conclusions and throwing unfitting responses at you.

So. Why do you think that's too many champions?
The ability to learn and know all champions becomes substantially more difficult the more champions that are added. I dunno about you, but I can stand to have less knowledge about who does what in a game like this. I don't need to know more.

80 is a lot of characters to know. I still don't know all of them. Each time, I learn a little about one, another one is added. It's annoying to try to keep up on that. Though, it's annoying that I even have to know as many as I do.

This has to be one of the first times in history someones complained about getting more of something that wasn't taxes ???.
I don't need more choices. More choices results in acquiring a certain amount of knowledge to make a proper choice. It gives me information overload. Maybe it is not a problem for you, but it is rather annoying for me.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: December 06, 2011, 11:56:29 pm »

Quote from: webadict
I don't need more choices. More choices results in acquiring a certain amount of knowledge to make a proper choice. It gives me information overload. Maybe it is not a problem for you, but it is rather annoying for me.

A significant amount of people like the release of new heroes and so this is what the developers are going for. To complain about this is futile and silly.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 12:07:34 am by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: December 07, 2011, 12:22:23 am »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6127548813950043200#

Definately relevant to too many choices.

but it degrades into economics.

*shrug

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: December 07, 2011, 12:42:15 am »

I have no problem with more champs, but I would like to see more maps or game modes.

My question is why they chose that color scheme for Arhi.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: December 07, 2011, 12:49:01 am »

Quote from: webadict

A significant amount of people like the release of new heroes and so this is what the developers are going for. To complain about this is futile and silly.
I will complain regardless of results, thank you very much. To say otherwise is futile and silly.

I have no problem with more champs, but I would like to see more maps or game modes.

My question is why they chose that color scheme for Arhi.
Well, the problem with that is most of the new ideas are centered around champions and will continue to be. Maps and modes are much more difficult and therefore take much longer.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: December 07, 2011, 01:40:05 am »

Well considering that most of the new champs fall into a single category with one or two special things about them it's not that hard to learn them, but it does get kind of annoying they keep churning them out like this.

Also is it just me or does NTF sound a lot like Akali right now?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: December 07, 2011, 02:35:18 am »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6127548813950043200#

Definately relevant to too many choices.

but it degrades into economics.

*shrug

Interesting video. However it might not be completely relevant to LoL, because all the champions are locked by default, except for the small selection of "free this week". Then it's up to you to unlock a champion you think looks cool / is strong / has a playstyle you like. And it's not a hard choice, because you'll get to see many different champions every match, and the cheapest ones are supposed to be as good as the 6300 IP champs.

Oh and i wanted to say that, for once, my last match felt pretty good. No one bitched, everyone seemed to know what they were doing and what they could expect from others to do, etc... and we won, but not easily. It was a solo queue ranked match (and i don't have a season 2 ELO yet).

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: December 07, 2011, 03:26:27 am »

Solo queue, I wanted to tank Cho' but noticing that we have two tanky champions and no AD DPS, I switch to AD. At the LAST second, our AP switches to AD too.

This is going to be a fun game..

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: December 07, 2011, 04:08:09 am »

Something tells me he is either raping face against noobs or being shit on by thornmails right now.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: December 07, 2011, 04:11:49 am »

Regarding that video on paradox of choice.

Keep in mind that this video was put out at the same time Google shifted towards a monopolistic-type corporate structure. So it's not surprising for them to believe that choice is a bad thing. No doubt Facebook, Walmart, and all other major market controllers will tell you the same thing.

I'm not going to tell you it's wrong, but please avoid mistaking big words and eloquent speech for actual content. You can rationalize everything after all. It's kinda why I avoid economic talks hosted by major companies (though I was forced to host many of them, considering my position), they are generally quite biased and don't tell you anything you don't already know.

----

Anyway, to be on topic, I used to think all the new champions would ruin everything, but honestly I don't really care. You're not actually forced to use them, and most of the time I can find an older champion that does the same thing better. It usually takes months for people to discover a proper playstyle and build for each new guy anyway.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6118 on: December 07, 2011, 05:42:16 am »

I don't mind more champions. In fact, I think having +200 champions would be cool. But the thing is, the champions should vary. Champions like Miss Fortune and Volibear which have nothing new in them, are bad.

So fellas, should we start posting some champ ideas?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: December 07, 2011, 06:41:39 am »

Well I already whined posted about my idea based on the Slavic mythology/tradition-based Kukeri - Clicky for info - dancers who wear monstrous and demonic masks and dance around the village covered in bells to scare away evil - it could do one hell of a melee caster/tanky dps champion.

Maybe have a toggle-able beneficial or debuffing aura (because of the bells), some kind of "cannot be CCed but slows movement or attack speed" dance, a fear, an offensive strike and a CC duration reduced by 10% passive? The ult can be another dance that slows nearby enemies and does damage. Yeah... I'm not that good of a game designer when I'm up from bed and haven't had coffee x]

I just want to see scary masked fellow who moves by dancing all the time.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 1067