Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269813 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fizz, the Tidal Trickster - 1.0.0.129
« Reply #5865 on: November 28, 2011, 07:13:33 am »

Let them rage man. It's only 650 people. Even if 1,000,000 people hated the changes, it'd still only be 3% of the LoL population.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: November 28, 2011, 07:42:52 am »

Let them rage man. It's only 650 people. Even if 1,000,000 people hated the changes, it'd still only be 3% of the LoL population.
Weeeell... Not gonna have a statistical fight.

I dunno. 650 people downvoting is a lot. Really, you're better off looking at the ratio of upvotes to downvotes on YouTube, as that'll be a good estimate for the actual number of people that like or hate a patch. It may be off by a bit, but it's still not a bad estimate.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: November 28, 2011, 08:08:22 am »

I'd care a lot more if any of the whining complaints had any merit in the first place. Hell, look at the "Top" comments...

Spoiler: Youtube Specimen A (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Youtube Specimen B (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Youtube Specimen C (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Youtube Specimen D (click to show/hide)

Do I have to continue? These idiots are giving me a headache. I say just wait for the actual patch notes and play 10 - 20 games before raising pitchforks.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5868 on: November 28, 2011, 08:52:19 am »

Another game as jungle Twitch. He is so great, takes out Golem in no time, and the lvl 2 gank usually grants a first blood if your ally has a stun.

Made their Ez actually ragequit. Right after I forst blooded him, he got vision ward. When it ran out, I ganked, and he survived. So he bought another one. Then Ryze killed him. Then we had a small teamfight at bot, and I almost died. But I got a triplekill, and Ez ragequitted. Fun times.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: November 28, 2011, 08:54:07 am »

Don't read the YouTube comments. Those are mostly idiots.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: November 28, 2011, 08:57:18 am »

But the ones liking and disliking are not?:P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: November 28, 2011, 09:02:43 am »

But the ones liking and disliking are not?:P
That is an anonymous button. People will often grant information if it's anonymous. Plus, it's as easy as clicking a button. Posts, on the other hand, will only be typed by the strongly opinionated. Therefore, they will either really like it or really hate it. So, there will, of course, be some people in favor typing opinions, but they will be drowned out be the number of negatives there are from this patch.

So, top comments are stupid. The like/dislike functions is clearly superior.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: November 28, 2011, 09:03:41 am »

Guide to up and downvotes:

People who are not idiots wait until the patch comes out to see if the changes are bad.
No change in up and downvotes.

Idiots rage at change.
Downvote.

???
Upvote.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: November 28, 2011, 09:17:20 am »

Isent defending a patch before it even came out in the same vally of failure?

Yes, on average a community is best represented by some 14 year old with a strong lack of focus - but riot claimed they'd listen to the community, but I personally see a clear "listen to the wallet" going on here, which makes perfect sense, but I found worth pointing out.

(Also not a single riot comment in the thread full of hate, better only deal with the good sides of the community : D)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: November 28, 2011, 09:28:40 am »

Why are we even discussing this? The value of Youtube comments. This is a pretty dumb topic I think.

Anyway, on my quest to reclaim my throne as undefeatable in lane (something I've been failing at ever since new masteries). I think I've finally found it. The holy grail. The binding key. The base on which all further scientific discovery will be sourced!

Behold!!!!!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think that's the most efficient bruiser masteries you can do right now. So like, for non-specialized tanky DPS like Irelia and Udyr. It seems unassuming, but you have no idea how long I've spent experimenting with different mastery setups to finally settle on this. With these masteries, I'm pretty confident I can go back to owning top lane like I always have been.

To celebrate the occassion, I also decided to spend all the IP I earned in the 30 hour marathon on the best rune page for tanky DPS.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm still lacking 3 remaining attack speed blues but it's funny starting with 0.9 attack speed. Practical too, since Irelia... Udyr... X^Z... Skarner... all these guys scale mostly with AS.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: November 28, 2011, 09:35:28 am »

I'm just going with Mana per lvl runes, since I play karthus (archangle-staff-glass-cannon) or blitzkrank (Yes, please try to gank me!) which both work well with it...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: November 28, 2011, 09:57:30 am »

(Also not a single riot comment in the thread full of hate, better only deal with the good sides of the community : D)
They've been commenting on people's posts, they just tend to post in threads with more well-defined purposes instead of trying to control a flamefest thread. Morello on "dumbing down" the game and Guinsoo about the new jungle. There was one more I wanted to link but I can't find it right now.

Also, on an unrelated note, how do you deal with a Shyvana as an opponent in top lane? As far as I can tell she's not really strong for the first level or two, but once she hits 3 or 4 she just outdamages and outlasts whatever I've seen thrown at her.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: November 28, 2011, 10:10:05 am »

She's strong man. She gets supernaturally tanky without any items. Hell, you know she's tanky when Garen can't do anything to her at level 4. That's like the final exam for a tanky DPS and she aces it with flying colours.

She does so much damage too, and pushes like a god. Not to mention it's really, really hard trying to gank her. Finally, combine it all with the fact that she's craaazy powerful in lategame and well... you've got a really solid solo top.

Probably the only hard counter to her that I can think of is Swain. Maybe Ryze as well. Vayne could probably deal with her too.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: November 28, 2011, 02:35:00 pm »

So I'm trying to get into the Dota 2 beta and I'm at the demographics survey, which asks a bunch of questions about how good I am at dota 1.  I only played it a few times and I hated it because of the community (When I played Warcraft 3, dota games were 90% Brazilian with all the things that entails, and the ones that weren't were so elitist even so-called "noob" games were a nightmare.).  Now that I have some MobA experience and I'm aware of guides, I think I can do better.

Could anyone tell me some average values I can throw in the survey?  Average level at the end of a game, average gold collected, average KDR, that kind of stuff.

plx man plx
Shoes...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: November 28, 2011, 02:36:42 pm »

Yeah I got to that point to, then I thought "eh, this isn't worth it."
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 1067