Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269871 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fizz, the Tidal Trickster - 1.0.0.129
« Reply #5835 on: November 27, 2011, 05:37:41 pm »

Best ward placement ever by Caffeineman earlier.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: November 27, 2011, 06:29:37 pm »

30 hours now.

When our crappy jungler left for the night I took over and demonstrated how a real jungler works. Boom boom, level 11 when enemy jungle was level 8. I'm Umiman, king of jungle. Fuck all the pretenders!

Don't know whether to keep going or not. 900ip away.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: November 27, 2011, 07:48:17 pm »

If Umiman disappears we'll know his heart stopped and he's dead.

Also, I'm wondering.  With the camps worth less and spawning faster, how will counterjungling be different?  It may not be worth it, Stonewall said it's really easy to fall behind if you make a play and it doesn't pay off, and counterjungling's high risk.
Shoes...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: November 27, 2011, 08:09:17 pm »

Renekton is a really, really good top lane.

Late game he's a squishy demolisher.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: November 27, 2011, 08:21:05 pm »

From what reds have been saying, counterjungling could be more effective with the remake if it's done right. They've moved the experience/gold to be primarily focused on the big creep of each camp, moreso than it is now, so if you can duck in, grab a big creep or two (and get the heal thing they're adding to the big creeps in all camps) and ignore the rest of the little guys, it should be beneficial to you and harmful to them. It might be a little less impactful than it is now, but it's really hard to tell until it's out.

I really don't understand why it's so much easier to fall behind with the new system, but everyone's saying it. Yes camps are worth less, so you need to be basically continually killing them to keep up, but that also means when you miss out you miss out on less. If anything it should just even out the spikes, so to speak, so that when you go back to your jungle after a failed gank/counterjungle you'll basically always have something to kill.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: November 27, 2011, 09:38:43 pm »

So I spoke to the LeBlanc that just melted us in dominion- he was nice enough to give me tips on his build:

9 Marks of Insight Magic Pen
9 Greater seals of Clarity Mana regen/lvl
9 Greater Glyphs of Force AbilityPower/lvl
3 Greater Quints of insight Magic Pen

21/0/9

Sorc shoes
prospectors ring
->
haunting guise
rabadon's deathcap
void staff
insert defensive item here zhonyas/banshee if you have time for it

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #5841 on: November 27, 2011, 10:06:42 pm »

Hmm, are jungle respawn rates fast enough that you can have TWO junglers?

It must be done!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: November 27, 2011, 10:17:19 pm »

Wiggling Lantern provides 75 gold every 3 minutes
A gold/time item provides 36 gold every 3 minutes The gold/time mastery provides 36 gold every 3 minutes. Herpaderp.

Discuss hUrrudududururr
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:30:40 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #5843 on: November 27, 2011, 10:20:56 pm »

Wiggling Lantern provides 75 gold every 3 minutes
A gold/time item provides 36 gold every 3 minutes

Discuss
It's also about twice as expensive, and doesn't really provide the stats that supports need.

Other than supports? I can see it happening.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: November 27, 2011, 10:41:55 pm »

I've decided. My old theory of tankiness > damage doesn't hold true any more for top lane (still works at bot) because of the new masteries. No matter how much I try, tankiness will no longer win. The new masteries really promote DPS now.

So I'm scrapping all my low damage champions for high risk high reward style top lane.

This means screw Nasus. Screw GP. Hello Riven. Hello Renekton.

Edit: Ohshit. I should probably break out my old staple, X^Z again more often. Especially with these new masteries the guy is going to rape face against almost anyone.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: November 27, 2011, 11:38:09 pm »

So is Garen as much of a lane nightmare with the new masteries as one would think?
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: November 27, 2011, 11:58:43 pm »

With the upcoming nerf to pots, he probably will be.

You'll probably see Mundo again too. Anyone with both big lane sustain AND massive damage should be severe threats once more. I don't know the extent of the health pots nerf, so if it's very minor then we can all probably not care and still stick to cloth armour + 5 pots. I hope it's something severe though, like making it only 100hp regen. Sounds crazy, but it'll go a long way in making top lane not such a boring farmfest.

Though nowadays, with just the mastery changes, all I see is a small, 10 second skirmish at top where one player establishes his dominance, and the lane is completely screwed for the rest of the entire game. Like some sort of primal display of power. Like the kind you see on National Geographic where a beetle flashes his horns at a trespasser and no one actually fights.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: November 28, 2011, 12:05:19 am »

Hmm, I wonder if cho'gath will be back at top. And I wonder what'll happen to yorick, I havn't seen him in ages.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: November 28, 2011, 01:07:03 am »

I've seen a few Yoricks, no doubt from TSM spamming him in MLG.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: November 28, 2011, 01:38:13 am »

Hah... speaking of solo lanes, let me tell you what happened earlier today.

We were in draft pick. 4 man with a random. The random's first words are, of course, "me mid". Of course, we don't give him this (anyone who gives a random a high priority lane is asking for trouble). It seems unfair, but everyone knows the probability of good players to bad players in solo queue. Anyway, all the lanes are picked and only support is left. So now, the solo queuer who doesn't want to play support pulls out some bullshit out of his ass:

"Pizza is here gtg"

We don't call his bluff, since if he's going to be an idiot and random afk, we can always just report him and move on to the next game. So true enough, he gets a hard random Nunu with flash ignite. And is still afk.

But my team tries to make the best of this. In the loading screen we decide the laning strategy to account for 4v5. Swain goes top 1v1. I switch with Caitlyn so I fight 1v2 as Vlad bot and Caitlyn goes mid. We do this and other than the early game juking hell I experience at the Vayne + Blitzcrank lane (because of all the ARAM games I've played, I have a 6th sense for juking Blitzcrank), it goes fine.

Then Nunu comes back. He goes to mid. Completely pisses off our Caitlyn player by stealing her farm and intentionally feeding the enemy Kennen. Sigh... randoms right?

Well, after I reached level 6 I was having a ball of a time at bot lane against dumb and dumber. And Swain at top was completely roflstomping Trundle (as is to be expected). Only mid lane was failing. After Caitlyn raged for 5 minutes or so, Nunu finally got the message and started roaming around instead (and stealing our jungler's farm). So he would occasionally come bot and do the most ridiculous things. Like he would be at 1/2 hp and towerdive Vayne + Blitzcrank at their tower. Under normal circumstances I'd have just sighed and waited for 20 minutes, but since I had 1v2, I was so much stronger than dumb and dumber that even though they'd rape that ridiculous Nunu (he wasn't worth any gold anyway), I would just trololol in and doublekill them.

So the whole game goes like this. Nunu getting himself killed intentionally, and the rest of us killing off their entire team because of it and getting ridiculously fed. By the time Swain and I completed our double Will of the Ancients, we could have 2v5'ed their entire team.

The best part? At 20 minutes the enemy team surrendered and flamed everything.

I have never before won a game where a random was intentionally feeding the enemy.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 1067