Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269973 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fizz, the Tidal Trickster - 1.0.0.129
« Reply #5760 on: November 25, 2011, 08:08:20 pm »

wait so now minions are practically useless(er), the fuck are they thinking?

They did not do this. They just toned the damage down a little bit, and that's all they said they did. Everyone's freaking out now about how minions are hardly going to do any damage, and that's a dumb exaggeration.

I'm pumped about the new jungle. More jungle variety, better counterjungling, and a bit of free sustain for the junglers that lack it is great.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: November 25, 2011, 08:10:54 pm »

Didn't see anyone post it - but armoured bear champ has full preview now:
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=491406

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: November 25, 2011, 08:12:41 pm »

Also yeah ARMORED BEARS. His kit looks interesting - sort of a Xin/Udyr combo with more AOE. I'm pretty much definitely going to buy him, making the third new champion in a row that I'm getting.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: November 25, 2011, 08:23:35 pm »

Majestic Roar sounds like a dumb name for his skill. If it's going to apply fear to minions and monsters, TerRoar would be better.

But yes, looks like prime tanky dps material. Like a Warwick. But a bear. And everything's better with bears.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: November 25, 2011, 08:52:33 pm »

Bitches behold: AD LeBlanc and Double Jungle victory.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: November 25, 2011, 09:11:12 pm »

Hey guys,

I see people have a lot of concerns with the upcoming changes to Sivir, so I wanted to show you guys some of our choices and the reasoning behind those choices.

Sivir's identity, in my opinion, is extreme combat mobility and strong AoE / pushing power. We wanted to make sure that this stayed at the forefront. At the same time, Sivir's current state on Live is one of extreme situational power. One of the goals was to move her towards being more universally viable rather than only strong in a handful of situations.

Sivir's attack range is increased to 500 from 425. This is slightly under the average AD carry (550 range) in order to account for some of the unique tools Sivir has such as her high mobility and her Spell Shield. This allows us to maintain her unique high risk/reward range gameplay while also allowing her to fill the common role of the AD carry. Additionally, we were forced to slightly nerf the amount of free stats Sivir currently gets on Live for being at such a range disadvantage. We also did other various quality of life changes such as updating her attack frame to be faster / snappier.

Sivir's new passive grants her 50 Movement Speed for 2 seconds after landing a basic attack on an enemy champion. The main fun players found in Sivir's old passive was that "Attack-Moving" (constantly moving in between basic attacks) was an optimal play for Sivir especially combined with Nimbleness. This new passive allows Sivir to be very mobile in combat and allows her to both kite and chase down enemies as long as she continuously weaves in basic attacks.

Sivir's Boomerang Blade now deals physical damage, but no longer has an ability power ratio. This allows Sivir to build her masteries, runes, and items in a much more optimal way that will actually synergize. The amount of damage a perfect Boomerang Blade can deal especially at early levels now is quite scary if Sivir focuses on early Armor Penetration and Attack Damage.

Sivir's Ricochet is now an on-next-hit effect that bounces to 5 additional targets even at rank 1 and still has some damage drop off. We gave the spell some base damage and it has a base cooldown of 3 seconds at max rank. We wanted to maintain the feel of Sivir blades bouncing everywhere while also meeting some other goals such as adding user activity to the kit, increasing her single target damage, and reducing her team fight AoE potential. The damage increase this spell gives is very deceptive because of the fact that it resets her basic attack timer. In combination with Boomerang Blade, Sivir can still clear waves extremely quickly and maintains the pushing power she is feared for. The main limiter to her pushing is not her damage output, but actually mana management. This is true on Live and continues to be true in her remake.

Hopefully this gives you guys a little more insight into the upcoming changes for Sivir, and I look forward to you guys trying her out and sending us back feedback on what next steps we should take for her.

But but but... what about her ability to A+ right click the map, then go afk while she autofarms?! What about that?! Now lazy people like me have to click buttons to farm!!!!!!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: November 25, 2011, 11:16:55 pm »

Sivir's new kit looks way more fun. I like how they ended up solving the "attack speed makes you oom faster" problem with ricochet. I'm guessing spellshield and her ult were largely unchanged, which is cool.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: November 25, 2011, 11:38:04 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9RiJCifgJQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I feel like AD carries in the jungle are going to be hella popular now. I mean, they already need a lot of farm and the jungle gives that to them with little chance of repercussion. Master Yi and Tryndamere especially, seeing as they can already jungle. Both of them will clear camps quickly and actually be able to gank whereas slow junglers like Warwick won't even be worth much as junglers anymore.

But, eh... Time will tell.

EDIT: Now that I think about it... Master Yi could be a jungle-pusher. Just vanishing into the jungle and pushing turrets randomly. Atmog's plus lifesteal and a Zeal or two. Super sustainable, cut up the turrets a few times, vanish back into the jungle to lifesteal back health. Nowhere to be seen in teamfights, though.

Also, another humorous thought: Tiamat jungling. But I think the AOE is too small to actually get all of the creeps. :(
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 11:46:22 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: November 26, 2011, 02:41:00 am »

EDIT: Now that I think about it... Master Yi could be a jungle-pusher. Just vanishing into the jungle and pushing turrets randomly. Atmog's plus lifesteal and a Zeal or two. Super sustainable, cut up the turrets a few times, vanish back into the jungle to lifesteal back health. Nowhere to be seen in teamfights, though.
Only if you upgrade the Zeals to Phantom Dancers later.
Phantom Dancer = better, shinier, more expensive version of Zeal.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: November 26, 2011, 03:01:38 am »

One PD = another zeal for 700 more gold than a zeal

If you plan to make two, make the second zeal first unless you're selling boots for it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: November 26, 2011, 04:52:08 am »

Does selling boots for a PD really make you faster?

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5772 on: November 26, 2011, 04:53:32 am »

Does selling boots for a PD really make you faster?
if you have enough PD:s, yes. 2 should be enough, but with 3 your movement speed should be way faster than boots 2.

thats why guys like Tryndamere can ignore boots, he just gets 2 PDs and he has a free slot for damage.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: November 26, 2011, 05:40:54 am »

Time to jump on the trend and champ list. Sigh....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: November 26, 2011, 05:53:45 am »

That is a terrible build.

Don't sacrifice your boots, don't skip out CDR as Veigar, don't skip out on survivability.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 1067