Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273120 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Shyvana, the Half-Dragon - 1.0.0.128
« Reply #5460 on: November 13, 2011, 05:30:51 pm »

These new masteries. Way too confusing~

Edit: omg passive lifesteal and spellvamp...

Edit edit: Holy jesus the offensive tree is scary... especially the final one... oh my god... Garen... oh my god...
6% extra damage? Is this sarcasm?

Garen doesn't have trouble bringing people low, he has trouble killing them.

Thus his ult.

Also this new version seems to punish mundo for low hp in regards to executionation.
... 6% isn't going to finish them unless he's leaving them with like 10 health.
Are we playing the same game? This is the game where taking off 10 damage off a skill can make a champion useless.
Depends, really. Is that 10 damage per tick? 10 damage on a long cooldown? 10 damage on what? Because it'll affect DPS, but how much it affects it is up to a lot of other factors. Doing 106% damage to 100% damage is cool, but it won't kill anybody unless they were already ridiculously close to death. The skill would be more useful if it was always active, if only that it did a lesser amount the entire time. Honestly, I would make the skill to do increased damage depending on the amount of missing health of the enemy (Like Garen's ult). It'd have increased gains while attacking, instead of either hit or miss.

So, count how many times you leave someone with 30 health or less. Then count how often they would've escaped ANYWAY with slightly increased damage. If you're going to have anything more than 5%, you're incredibly unlucky.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: November 13, 2011, 07:09:08 pm »

So, count how many times you leave someone with 30 health or less.

I don't know about you guys... but this happens damn a lot.

Anyway, let's see how big a buff the offensive tree got for AD carries.

3 AD, 6% AS, 10% arpen, 3% lifesteal, ~3% bonus damage (0.4*0.075), 6 arpen, 4 damage to minions / monsters

There's also the crit stuff which is now nicely split apart so you're not forced to take it but let's just look at flat damage and compare it with a regular 21 from the old offense tree.

2% crit (you have to take it), 4% AS, 6 arpen, 4 damage to minions (not monsters), 3 AD, 10% crit damage, 4% bonus damage

Since you're forced to take the crit stuff (I always hated this), it kinda got thrown in as well. But man... it's kinda obvious offense tree got a huge buff. There's the bonus arpen. 2% more AS, damage to monsters, and most importantly... the goddamn lifesteal. It'd make starting with a Doran's Blade a helluvalot more viable I think.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: November 13, 2011, 10:07:25 pm »

Since you're forced to take the crit stuff (I always hated this), it kinda got thrown in as well. But man... it's kinda obvious offense tree got a huge buff. There's the bonus arpen. 2% more AS, damage to monsters, and most importantly... the goddamn lifesteal. It'd make starting with a Doran's Blade a helluvalot more viable I think.

Nasus gets more lifesteal at lvl 1. Yay. That is. So. Fair.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: November 13, 2011, 10:47:12 pm »

Nasus gets more lifesteal at lvl 1. Yay. That is. So. Fair.
]

Every tree is so good now. It's hard to say what would be best before playing a bit xD. I think this makes mastery pages more viable though.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: November 13, 2011, 11:05:45 pm »

I found most of my mastery pages ended up gearing towards utility. That experience and regen was just too tempting.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: November 13, 2011, 11:19:06 pm »

I just had the best match ever. 5v5, one of our guys checks out almost immediately. The other keeps disconnecting for 5-10 minutes at a time. So it's me (Kayle), Teemo and Ashe against Nasus, Ryze, Teemo, Caitlyn, and Master Yi.

The three of us manage a frantic defense (helped by the fact that the guy playing Teemo was a holy terror...had multiple triple kills). Still, we're slowly losing ground and are left with just our inhibitor turrets. The random disconnect guy (playing Amumu) comes back and tries to help but at this point he's lvl 4 and the whole enemy team is 10+ so he's more useful to us while he's dead. The 3 of us are all lvl 18, because we've survived multiple gank attempts and made them pay for it.

At one point, *all five* of them try a mega-gank. It ends up with all of them dying and the three of us plowing deep mid and taking out both field turrets.

Finally, it's looking grim. In desperation, Teemo calls for all hands to Baron Nashor. We toast him, then proceed to charge mid and tear through the turret, inhibitor, nexus turrets and finally the Nexus itself in about one minute total. The level of "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----" from the other team was palpable.  :D

Bottom line: 3v5 almost the entire match, and we had an EPIC ass-pull comeback win.  :D

Oh and I think I've found my muse, and her name is Kayle. This is the character I was meant to play. Most of my mains on whatever MMORPGs I play are group healers, and I'm pretty damn good at it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: November 13, 2011, 11:38:14 pm »

I haven't been playing long (started Friday), but there is a combo I want to try already. Simply, Nunu and Jax. I'll explain why:
Nunu gets multiple spells that affect speed of both sides, with an awesome ultimate.
Jax, on the other hand, gets consecutive basic attack speed bonuses plus bonus magic damage every third strike when he gets his ultimate (as a passive ability) on top of his leap strike and counter strike ability.
The idea is for Nunu to focus his build on his abilities and defences, while Jax focused on attack speed and life steal, with the Rageblade thrown in. When Jax has his consecutive attack bonus maxed out, Nunu use's blood boil on Jax (who already has 2 and a half attacks per second) and throws a ice chunk at a target enemy. Jax leap strikes to the enemy and tears him up right good.

Thoughts?
And no, I haven't tried that yet.
...Said Bloxace.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: November 13, 2011, 11:39:30 pm »

I haven't been playing long (started Friday), but there is a combo I want to try already. Simply, Nunu and Jax. I'll explain why:
Nunu gets multiple spells that affect speed of both sides, with an awesome ultimate.
Jax, on the other hand, gets consecutive basic attack speed bonuses plus bonus magic damage every third strike when he gets his ultimate (as a passive ability) on top of his leap strike and counter strike ability.
The idea is for Nunu to focus his build on his abilities and defences, while Jax focused on attack speed and life steal, with the Rageblade thrown in. When Jax has his consecutive attack bonus maxed out, Nunu use's blood boil on Jax (who already has 2 and a half attacks per second) and throws a ice chunk at a target enemy. Jax leap strikes to the enemy and tears him up right good.

Thoughts?
And no, I haven't tried that yet.
Can't go above 2.5 AS

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: November 13, 2011, 11:42:59 pm »

Can't go above 2.5 AS
Even so, the enemy cant escape the storm Jax is throwing with his lamppost, as the enemy is slowed and Jax is quickened.
...Said Bloxace.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: November 14, 2011, 12:06:07 am »

Can't go above 2.5 AS
Even so, the enemy cant escape the storm Jax is throwing with his lamppost, as the enemy is slowed and Jax is quickened.

You're right. Though, Jax probably won't be getting 2.5 AS unless he's fed like hell :P, and that's basically GG already as it is lol. In any case, Blood Boil can bring it quite close to there, and the extra movement speed on top of it is just going to help too. Nunu slows them down by what, 80%? Does his ULT, Jax starts wacking him (throwing in his stun if able). If that doesn't finish him off, the end of Nunu's ult just going to turn him into a popsicle :P.

Kudos to you my friend. Only started playing friday? I don't believe it! Haha, in any regards, some team comps are just scary. Take a full AOE comp for example: Galio, Kennan, Wukong, Gangplank, Brand/Ryze/Fiddlesticks/Jarvan/Rammus/Annie/whoever else,and that's GG. Not a lot of players lock champions according to team comp in lower levels though (hell, 75% of normal, draft mode level 30s refuse to play anything BUT one champ). I have trouble rearing off from maining specific champs, but I'm working on it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: November 14, 2011, 02:48:41 am »

There are a few ways to beat the AOE comp.
1. Take Janna with cleanse.
2. Split push all day eer'day.
3. Early oracles and ward everything. The objective is to catch any one of them out of position from the team. You kill one before the fight happens, you get a free tower.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5471 on: November 14, 2011, 05:33:14 am »

Can't go above 2.5 AS

You're right. Though, Jax probably won't be getting 2.5 AS unless he's fed like hell :P

I get +2.1 AS with just Guinsoo's Rageblade and my AS Runes.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: November 14, 2011, 07:33:42 am »

Well used CV (and overall map attention) is insanly powerful imo and if I actually end up with a team that can react to something withhin 20 secounds (Seriously, sometimes I ping spam a jungler I cv'd and coming up to gank a low hp, overextended teammate, then fall-back-spam him, then type "Gank incoming" "Fall back" "(Charname) go b!" "~sigh" then the ally dies and bitches "CALL MIA (on jungler) NOOBS"...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: November 14, 2011, 09:02:32 am »

Question: How often do you get AFK/disconnect players in a match? I'm not talking about a ragequit late in a match or a "left the selection room, you will be placed back into queue", I'm talking about people who queue up, select a character, lock in, and then proceed to do NOTHING. Either they never even move from their starting point, or they play a couple of minutes and then go dead.

Lately it seems to happen almost every match. I've lost track of how many people I've had to report.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5474 on: November 14, 2011, 09:35:31 am »

Question: How often do you get AFK/disconnect players in a match? I'm not talking about a ragequit late in a match or a "left the selection room, you will be placed back into queue", I'm talking about people who queue up, select a character, lock in, and then proceed to do NOTHING. Either they never even move from their starting point, or they play a couple of minutes and then go dead.

Lately it seems to happen almost every match. I've lost track of how many people I've had to report.

Happends occasionally. I've actually had done that myself:

First, I was starting a game as usual. Bit lag on the LoL, not much. Someone queue dodged, so I got placed into a new queue.
Next, I was lagging so bad in the champ select I couldn't do shit. I was randomed a champ, but since I wasn't away, it counted me as a normal player.

Then game starts, my ping is over the roof, can't do shit for a long, long time. Eventually it sorted out, but took long.

So yeah. Nothing was wrong with internet connection, and the game started quite normal before, but after 1 queue dodger it started to go into shit.

Also, can anyone link me to the video with lots of funny team comps? Like bunch of trappers, assassins, AoE guys etc.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1067