Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272971 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Shyvana, the Half-Dragon - 1.0.0.128
« Reply #5355 on: November 07, 2011, 11:45:11 pm »

To be fair, some randoms are just really, really bad.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: November 07, 2011, 11:50:24 pm »

Cthulhu should just make a smurf account and fight level 1s again if he just wants to screw around.

Smitehappy: I hate playing support simply because it has such little decisive impact. You never get to be a hero. There are some really rare occassions where a support stands out but that's the sad reality of the role. No one cares about support. Junglers used to be like that but ever since Saintvicious perfected the carry-type jungler style, people have really started to notice them more.

So yeah, expect to get flamed a lot. You'll also feel really useless when the team is failing simply because there will be nothing you can do other than trust the carries to do their job.

There are probably people who like being a support. I used to like it until I lost those 20 ranked matches in one day and was forced to play support in 80% of them hahaha. Nowadays I'm all about grandstand play.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: November 08, 2011, 12:04:58 am »

Farm.

You can't play Vlad if you can't reliably get shittonnes of farm every game. He's a lategame monster and WILL win 1v5 when you have 300 CS.

I should probably pick up Vlad, then. I'm absolutely terrible at teamfights, but I'm really good at last-hitting.

Also, recent game, just picked up Nidalee. I decided to try acting out HotshotGG, sniping at enemies clustered around a turret from the jungle while laying traps to see if they try to catch me. Hilarious. Eventually, they got pissed off and tried to lure me into a trap. Singed chased me down. ;_; I bursted the Brand before he got me, though.

And I really really dislike playing support. I used to play it a lot, but then I lost. A lot. Support just doesn't make a lot of sense outside of the competitive scene. I've gone bottom as Zilean with Tryndamere and the goddamned frightened baby refused to farm even though I had crazy ranged bombs with which to harass the enemy to submission.
Also often called Boowells.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: November 08, 2011, 12:13:51 am »

Any chance I can get added to the Bay12 players list so I can get a game that's not random queue?

*Edit*
Good lord I just did a random as Vlad against Sion & Jax with a Warick who face-checks bushes. I don't wanna talk about it....
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:36:26 am by Smitehappy »
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: November 08, 2011, 04:13:38 am »

Everytime I got a pentakill (and most times when I got a ace on my own) it was because I had a support with me.

I play blitz if I play support, because I can both ruin the enemy casters day, robot-block all there gank attempts and with cv there are some absolutly amazing moments of rocket-grabbing a unaware from behind a wall and into 5 of us. Also had fun stealing buffs from enemy junglers by pulling em to me just before they where done. Sure it's a bit of trollmode-blitz, but it's fun.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: November 08, 2011, 08:07:03 am »

I've never had a pentakill in an actual game before.  :-\

Got a lot of quadras though, especially with Morde back in the heyday when Morde was incredible. Like... E once on 3 creeps to fill his whole shield incredible. Back when building tanky Morde wasn't a dumbass idea. Man, what I would give to be able to use that Morde again with the knowledge I have now... I'd be unstoppable.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: November 08, 2011, 08:42:48 am »

I played with lvl 30s basically from my first game onwards, now I'm about lvl 24, but if I play on my own lvl i rather violently violate due to always playing with high elo friends normally. This has been made even worse when I switched to playing EU as well (lvl 1) to play with some German buddys - thats where my pentas come from. Still amazing to pull off, but if you are feed by clueless players its a real easy time.

>only last hit and haress gently (Meaning: I never use bursts or all skills, leaving them unaware just how much of there hp I can rip off in one move)
>They push into tower
>Drink Pots, Rip there face off, dominate for rest of game.

Had the most amazing moment with a pubby/randrom guy in dominions - we friended each other after that, it was amazing.

>Team fight in dominions, bot left point, closest to there base. 3 of our team die, me (blitzkrank) and teemo are left, vs 4 of them. 2 Cap the point, two come for us. We juke into the jungle, teemo starts going B, tryndamere shows up and trys to kill him > rocket grab trynd away at the last moment, right into a shroom - trynd turns on me, teemo blinds him, I knock him up with a fist, he dies to my ults passive damage and teemos autoattack.

Graves slides towards us, we both dodge the 3x shot he does, Teemo bails and places another shroom, I overdrive and lure graves after me into another shroom, he follows >knock him up, running right past him the moment he enters the grass, into his two teammates - (Malzahr and miss fortune) - I pop my ult, stoping theres (Malzahr was about to ult teemo who is eagerly attacking with his 200 or so hp (everyone lvl 10+) and interrupting MF ult, too. Graves dies, knock up MF, flash - rocketgrab malzahr away, so he can't LoS teemo, who lures MF into another shroom and blinds her for another kill, while I knock up malz and finish him.

Blitz + teemo with under 500 hp between the two of us, killing 4 champs with all well over half hp felt pretty boss, we just perfectly timed every attack and disable so they couldn't finish either one and where constantly forced into cc and shrooms.

Oh and my account name is Thtb.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:50:56 am by ThtblovesDF »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: November 08, 2011, 09:09:01 am »

Everytime I got a pentakill (and most times when I got a ace on my own) it was because I had a support with me.

I play blitz if I play support, because I can both ruin the enemy casters day, robot-block all there gank attempts and with cv there are some absolutly amazing moments of rocket-grabbing a unaware from behind a wall and into 5 of us. Also had fun stealing buffs from enemy junglers by pulling em to me just before they where done. Sure it's a bit of trollmode-blitz, but it's fun.

Blitzcrank is honestly the only support I would actually play. The only problem is that skill shot can be hard to pull off. Taric has his stun, but continually my AD carries refuse to take advantage of it.
Also often called Boowells.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5363 on: November 08, 2011, 09:24:47 am »

Been sick couple of last days, first game of LoL in a while. Raped faces as Morde. Feels nice to be able to kill stuff after his shield's nerf.

Quadra'd once as well, with just a Doran's Shield, Hextech Revolver, Haunting Guise, an Amplifying Tome and Sorcerer's Boots. Had only 2 kills and 2 deaths, and probably 2 or 1 assists as well.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: November 08, 2011, 09:36:02 am »

Yeah, doing blitz grab with a aware enemy is a pain (love cv for that) and if you miss, every-single-one will call you out on it. But often I grab a enemy, ripping him right into our team - and noone does ANYTHING. Like grabbing veigar out of two teams poking at each other, knocking him up, then silencing him - team ignores him as hard as possible - and don't you dare suggest them to get there shit in order...

Taric is nice and can be really nasty if he works with a competent team member - but for me its to much having to run after your teammates, babysitting them and placing yourself so they are in your aura(s)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: November 08, 2011, 11:33:48 am »

Okay, I've got 1350 IP to spend on a new character. Any suggestions? Already own Alistar, Master Yi and Tristana. I'm a new-to-intermediate player who likes tanking, AoE damage, and long walks on the beach.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: November 08, 2011, 11:41:03 am »

Okay, I've got 1350 IP to spend on a new character. Any suggestions? Already own Alistar, Master Yi and Tristana. I'm a new-to-intermediate player who likes tanking, AoE damage, and long walks on the beach.

You might find Nasus interesting. He revolves around building up damage by farming his Q, and then building mostly tanky.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: November 08, 2011, 11:53:19 am »

I'm way to suicidal and aggressive to play supports.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: November 08, 2011, 11:54:33 am »

Nasus Q buildup is laughable anyway, even if you play for like two hours, you barley get a extra 500 out of it.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: November 08, 2011, 11:55:51 am »

Nasus Q buildup is laughable anyway, even if you play for like two hours, you barley get a extra 500 out of it.

If you're last hitting 2 creeps per wave with it, then yes.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 1067