Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272750 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Shyvana, the Half-Dragon - 1.0.0.128
« Reply #5205 on: November 02, 2011, 02:57:37 am »

It's pretty funny how weirdly attack speed works with her. On one hand, getting lots of it makes you proc Q and your ultimate more. On the other hand, it makes your main skill, W, last shorter. She feels like Irelia. Scales with everything so well that you don't know what to get on her.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: November 02, 2011, 03:02:03 am »

I found her lack luster... what I expected was:

"Oh shit, everyone, shyvanas red bar is nearly full, hit the deck!"

What I saw so far was:

"Oh hey shyvanas ulting again, as always..."

Imho, her bar charges to fast and when its up, it has to little impact... being a tanky dps doesn't help either, making her not stand out in any direction.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: November 02, 2011, 03:04:19 am »

Did you actually play her?

A big mistake is misattributing a champion's power to the idiot using her. You know, the 99.99% of LoL population.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #5208 on: November 02, 2011, 04:00:53 am »

It's pretty funny how weirdly attack speed works with her. On one hand, getting lots of it makes you proc Q and your ultimate more. On the other hand, it makes your main skill, W, last shorter. She feels like Irelia. Scales with everything so well that you don't know what to get on her.
AP ratios aren't the greatest, they're kind of a sideshow.

How the fuck does AS make her W last shorter anyway?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: November 02, 2011, 04:27:21 am »

Shyvana seems to look like the type of champion I would love to play... then again, I love the tanky dps types. Irelia, Xin Zhao, Graves, etc.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: November 02, 2011, 04:53:57 am »

AP ratios aren't the greatest, they're kind of a sideshow.

How the fuck does AS make her W last shorter anyway?
Her AP ratios are the same as Annie. Except only two skills. Don't forget they're also all (massive) AOE in dragon form so it's misleading.

Her W increases by 1 second every time you autoattack and lasts 3 seconds natively. However, it seems to reset the buff icon every time you autoattack. Which means if you autoattack before the extra 1 second cools down (or the initial 3 seconds), you basically make it end faster.

I could be wrong and the UI and buff icon is just misleading. But that's what it looks like.

Edit: Her AP ratios are actually higher than Brand's hahaha.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: November 02, 2011, 05:29:06 am »

You can jungle with anyone. Just requires some moxie.
And teammates willing to deal with your bullshit.
Jungle Soraka showed up in our game. We wondered what was the worst that could happen. He wasn't half bad.

Jungle Karthus, a very very very horrifying concept, not knowing when that damn laser is hitting.Plus before that he has his giant wall of slow death and his AoE ring of doom combined with that annoying firecracker that hits twice as hard if there is no one else to see it go off but you.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: November 02, 2011, 08:34:16 am »

Jungle Soraka showed up in our game. We wondered what was the worst that could happen. He wasn't half bad.

Jungle Karthus, a very very very horrifying concept, not knowing when that damn laser is hitting.Plus before that he has his giant wall of slow death and his AoE ring of doom combined with that annoying firecracker that hits twice as hard if there is no one else to see it go off but you.
I feel like if I were Karthus, I would type in all chat "ULTIMATE POWER!" while ulting.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: November 02, 2011, 09:31:38 am »

I feel like if I were Karthus, I would type in all chat "ULTIMATE POWER!" while ulting.

I got smack talked by a Karthus last game (I was blitz, killed one of his teammembers (saved by mana shield) and there karthus did a countdown till my shield went down and timed it with his ult "Shield down, blitz" "Champion has been killed!" "Ah..."

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: November 02, 2011, 09:54:52 am »

Yeah Shyvana can do a fair amount of damage in team fights, especially if she's a little fed, but it's kind of hard for her to get fed since she has no CC at all (unless you count the sort-of knockback from her ult). I guess she'll typically be up against another melee champ and can potentially out-harass them, but put her against anyone with range and she's fairly screwed. She's somewhat open to ganks too unless she uses her ult to escape.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: November 02, 2011, 12:12:37 pm »

You can watch Saintvicious and Dan Dinh play Dragon Girl here: http://www.own3d.tv/video/259695/Saintvicious_Shyvana_Jungle

It's fun watching both of them trying to figure out how their teams can be so dumb.

For those who don't know who those two are, they're two very popular pro players who both play jungle in tournaments.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: November 02, 2011, 01:01:46 pm »

First game Shyvana: Let's go Dominion!
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5217 on: November 02, 2011, 01:10:44 pm »

Early AFK is bad in Dominion since it is almost guaranteed to lsoe 4 vs 5 there. Good thing with that though, is that I spent only 10 minutes for a lost game, rather than a possible 20 minutes.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: November 02, 2011, 03:42:03 pm »

Wow. I love Ryze ^^ Nice immobiliser, making him easy to escape with. Great Burst damage, what else can I wish for? =)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: November 02, 2011, 03:46:21 pm »

Wow. I love Ryze ^^ Nice immobiliser, making him easy to escape with. Great Burst damage, what else can I wish for? =)

I know, right?  :D

You can pretty much force anyone away from the minion wave midgame.
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 1067