Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272465 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Graves - The Harrowing Patch - 1.0.0.127
« Reply #4800 on: October 20, 2011, 03:28:57 pm »

So I've got my tank.  It's Cho'gath, of course.

Now I need a support.  I only have three runepages and I don't want to spend the RP for the runepage bundle yet, so I was hoping for a support that could hopefully use a standard AP or tanky AP runepage.

Any good ones I should try, preferably that won't require another runepage?  I have Soraka, Taric, Kayle, Alistar, and Blitzcrank as the most obvious choices.

If you've got CDR runes, Karma's a real wildcard of a support, but she takes getting used to. Replace Kayle in that list with Janna and you should be just fine otherwise.

Lux works as a nice support; her Q is great.

Edit: lol what broken quotes I make.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 03:42:00 pm by Nilocy »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: October 20, 2011, 03:33:14 pm »

When I said those were the obvious choices, I meant I don't know how to play any supports, and the list I have is the supports I actually own.  I don't think I've ever played any of them, I want to learn one and I'm wondering what would be a good choice for someone who's never done support, preferably one that doesn't require its own runepage.  I've got an AP page, an AD page, and a tank/AP page for Cho'gath.  If one of the supports can run on those, that'd be best.  I'm really close to breaking down and getting the bundle though, three rune pages is getting more and more claustrophobic and since I've got a great base of champs and there aren't any champs I really want right now I'm in a good place to start buying lots of runes again.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: October 20, 2011, 03:40:52 pm »

Karma is more a supporty mage then an actual support though. If you need a pure support, you should look elsewhere. She's a rather strong mage though, she can be a real killer on solo top and mid.

And the average solo top + ranged carry bottom lane can go with almost any rune page, altough mana regen, AP and gold per sec ones seem to be the favorite ones.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: October 20, 2011, 04:59:44 pm »

Soooo.... yeaaaaah....

One of my friends was using Graves. 40 minute game. We checked the endgame stats.

He had 333,000 damage. THREE HUNDRED. I used to think only pre-nerf Nocturne could reach that in 40 minutes. Not even Vayne gets there. Full AP Morde would only get to 250k or so at 40 minutes.

So if there were any doubt that Graves does damage, well. There's your answer. He wasn't hyper fed either.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: October 20, 2011, 05:25:49 pm »

I dunno. He seems obscenely strong to me. In my mind it basically boils down to this:
1. Are you less farmed than Graves?
2. Are you inside his smokescreen?
3. Are you nearly dead?
4. Are you kiteable?

If you answered yes to any of the two, you will die.

For other ranged AD carries, it's not so easy. They don't have a super dependable crazy CC. For example, Vayne's number 2 would be "Are you near a wall?". Caitlyn's would be "Did you step on a trap?". Not so easy.

To give an example, my friend who was playing Graves had like... 300 AD. Final teamfight of the game, enemy jungle Skarner pulls our Soraka into his team and the whole team collapses onto her. I, Lee Sin, dragon kick everyone and everyone is knocked up. In the duration everybody was knocked up, Graves uses R, Q, W and absolutely annihilates everyone.

It was basically a 1500 damage or so burst AOE.

Similarly, he would instagib Caitlyn with just his ult and Q.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: October 20, 2011, 06:33:39 pm »

So I've got my tank.  It's Cho'gath, of course.

Now I need a support.  I only have three runepages and I don't want to spend the RP for the runepage bundle yet, so I was hoping for a support that could hopefully use a standard AP or tanky AP runepage.

Any good ones I should try, preferably that won't require another runepage?  I have Soraka, Taric, Kayle, Alistar, and Blitzcrank as the most obvious choices.

If you've got CDR runes, Karma's a real wildcard of a support, but she takes getting used to. Replace Kayle in that list with Janna and you should be just fine otherwise.

Lux works as a nice support; her Q is great.

Edit: lol what broken quotes I make.
Here's your answer.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: October 20, 2011, 09:27:34 pm »

Warwick is king of Dominion. Absolute king.

There's no need for words, I'll just show you a picture:

Now, tell me. How will a Warwick built like that ever lose in a skirmish fight?

Warwick is the king of Dominion.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #4807 on: October 21, 2011, 02:01:27 am »

3:00 dragon kill, Shaco/Fiddle.

I kind of want to try that.

Just so you know, both started with tome/1 pot, only fiddle has smite, and there were 6 boxes on the ground before they started, plus the one while they fought.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: October 21, 2011, 03:45:42 am »

Can you imagine getting feared by Fiddle followed by running into a Shaco box?

I'd smash my keyboard into the monitor.

Edit: Played more Dominion with KalSirian. Man, this mode is really tough to get the hang of. I just love how intense every match is. Though it's usually a 50/50 chance of our team getting crappy players versus the enemy getting crappy players. We had a Nidalee who was so afraid to go into fights and would only use spears. It's like that was her only skill. Never once transformed into cougar. We also had a Shaco who bought Void Staff first item when the enemy were stacking HP. Yeaaah.... not exactly the brightest kids in the block here hahaha.

Still, I really enjoy the frenetic pace of Dominion. Sure, you have a higher chance of victory in SR because there's no artificial rubberbanding but Dominion has its merits. At least in Dominion when the enemy talon has 11 kills and no deaths you don't need to press /ff immediately.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: October 21, 2011, 05:38:38 am »

Can you imagine getting feared by Fiddle followed by running into a Shaco box?

I'd smash my keyboard into the monitor.

^ This! Oh god.

-----
Just ran into a peculiar duo. Alistar and Blizcrank. Both of whom grabbed smite and decided to duo jungle. I thought they were trolling at first, but jesus, they were good. They were just ganking left and right. It was a little hard to manage my lane solo, but I struck gold when I saw Pantheon and Skarner as my opponents. Both being melee, all I did all game was last hit, and killed minions at the turret until I outleveled them about 2 levels. They tried to dive me a few times, but an exhaust and juking via ghost put an end to that. Eventually, we just decided to take the lane, and with Alisters' and Blitz's help, I just popped my ultimate while they dragged and knocked them up and down the lane.

I never knew duo jungling was viable. Though, these two were Alistar and Blitzcrank, both champions with amazing pulls and knocks. It was a fun game though. Pantheon ragequit after getting killed by Kayle. I just stood there and clicked around while Kayle leisurely smacked him a few times. Skarner ended up with 0/8/2, coming out bottom of everyone, I went 6/1/4.

I have a small problem, if you guys don't mind helping me out with. I generally do alright, with positive scores and what-not. My KD average would be around a 3:1 ratio or somewhere around those lines. I do great in normals, and do so-so in ranked. Problem is, most of my wins are from solo queue. I adore my friends, they're such great people, but sometimes they feed to no end and demand to try another ranked game after just suffering a demoralizing defeat. We laugh, we have loads of fun on Skype, and all the works... and quite frankly, I don't care that we usually lose, it's amazingly fun anyhow. I don't care at all about my ranked stats, but victories and those amazingly close games where you're on your toes the entire time, are quite rare. I played with them all today and there were all but maybe two wins. It was just one lost after another. It wasn't until they all decided to hop off that I came off my losing streak and starting going positive.

What can I do to resolve this problem? Sometimes they're amazing, but more frequently than not, one say Nocturne, would charge in with his ultimate, forcing me charge in as well when I'm not entirely composed to fight. Should I just be straight forward with them and tell some of them to do certain things differently and etc...etc... ?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: October 21, 2011, 06:19:12 am »

When I play with poor players, I usually just resign myself to an expected defeat but try to win my lane regardless. I have enough wins over losses that it doesn't matter anyway. But if the teamplay is really poor, I tend to skip out after the first or second game (though I do that all the time anyway since 2 hours straight of LoL is really tiring.)

Generally I rarely bother giving out advice as there's no time in a full match to think about multiple people's full strategies. I don't want to be held responsible for when they inevitably screw up because they're following some new strategy that's alien to them. But if it's like minor adjustments I find it's far more helpful to detail what is going to happen far in advance. So, for example, after taking baron you might use that short downtime to detail the short term strategy. E.g:

- Okay, we got baron. Nidalee, you should go bot and push. The rest of us should hang at top and keep them busy while Nidalee does her thing. Everyone stay out of Taric's flash + stun range. Don't engage unless it's less than 4 people. Just keep poking them.

Something like that. If you're able to give people time to process the orders then not only do you sound more intelligent, but they'll actually know what to do. It also gives people objectives to follow. It's also important to keep in-game strategy fluid between all the players.

When I really can't stand the other players I just stop playing with them and tell them they suck. That's how I do it anyway.

---

You should also keep in mind that the best way to make someone understand your views is to give them a live demonstration. For example, if you kick someone's ass using their favorite champion against them, I guarantee you they'll at least try to understand why. In the worst case, it might help you understand why they play the way they do.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: October 21, 2011, 08:25:04 am »

You should also keep in mind that the best way to make someone understand your views is to give them a live demonstration. For example, if you kick someone's ass using their favorite champion against them, I guarantee you they'll at least try to understand why. In the worst case, it might help you understand why they play the way they do.
Be a leader. If people see you're doing well, they will instinctually follow you, making sure you don't die (and them by association). It happens in games where I happen to be carrying. You'll have to deal with running in first, but it'll help your team stop being pansies. Give them a target to fight, and they'll do it. Though, this is usually in lower level games, where people tend to be newer, and therefore more impressionable.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: October 21, 2011, 08:44:12 am »

Be a leader. If people see you're doing well, they will instinctually follow you, making sure you don't die (and them by association). It happens in games where I happen to be carrying. You'll have to deal with running in first, but it'll help your team stop being pansies. Give them a target to fight, and they'll do it. Though, this is usually in lower level games, where people tend to be newer, and therefore more impressionable.

You obviously haven't met 80% of LoL's community.

Regarding Shaco's JitBs, fiddles fear will make you walk a short distance, the real annoyance is when you have blitzcrank and shaco huddled together in a bush. No one would ever go near that bush.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: October 21, 2011, 09:15:38 am »

You obviously haven't met 80% of LoL's community.
QQ some more. If you don't try, you never succeed. It's a team game, and most teams rely on some sort of leader.

Complaining about everyone else but yourself is AWESOME, by the way. My favorite teammates are the ones that complain about everyone else! We have great discussions, mostly about how they are the greatest players to have ever graced my team. Oh, and about how everyone on their team sucks. Because, instead of giving them some help, advice, or at least harassing the enemy team, they love to boost the enemy morale, instill teamfighting, and generally make the game worse for everyone on their team.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: October 21, 2011, 09:23:23 am »

I too noticed that i tend to lose more often when i'm not solo queuing. I think that part of the problem is that i don't play the same with strangers and with friends. Also it's sometimes harder to concentrate on the game with people talking in your headphones. And depending on ELO/summoner level, you might end up with opponents with a much higher skill level than some of your team.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 1067