Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272726 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Xerath, the Magus Ascendant - 1.0.0.126
« Reply #4650 on: October 14, 2011, 11:10:16 am »

Jeesh, just got done playing a game with Soraka. Using new Starcall to farm creeps is like using a combine to harvest a small family plot.
Starcall farming is like watching a VHS tape on an 80" plasma screen TV.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: October 14, 2011, 11:34:18 am »

Dam whoever said that armor pen runs are better (although they may have been when he said they were.)

AD runes are better in pretty much every way. Early and late game.

Really strong early game, falls off lategame. Defense penetration scales way better into the late game then damage, if you have a nice bit of natural armor pen you can stack more damage and crits and worry less about it. Think of armor pen as a percentage multiplier on your damage vs enemy armor. 20% armor pen >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 20 extra damage anytime but early game.

Also, careful considering flat AD on vayne and kog maw, since they have other means of doing extra damage, and don't really need armor pen as much. Vayne does partial true damage, kog maw has a built in bloodrazor.

AD runes only really work well on champions with nice AD ratios on their abilities, such as garen during early game, talon, etc. You can also combine them with AP ones to activate akali's passive at level 1.

No it doesn't, armor pen gets worse late game.

You get 15 armor pen from runes, a champion starts out with ~ 15 armor. Your doing a good extra 13% damage.

Later, if they have 100 armor, your doing an extra 4% damage.

You trollin' brah.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Armorpen reduces the effective health due to the way armor works. In that example, however, AD and armorpen are actualy almost on equal grounds, if the numbers go any higher armor pen starts winning. The higher the numbers, the more important armorpen becomes.

For maximum effectiveness you combine both, of course. But going full on AD with zero armor pen will make things like rammus dance in your corpse after you tried autoattack him with 300 AD and zero armor pen.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:39:04 am by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: October 14, 2011, 12:55:29 pm »

After being told something interesting, me and a friend went into a custom game to try it out. You know the Perseverance mastery? The one at the start of the Support Tree that everyone who takes any points there takes? It applies to Lifesteal and Spellvamp, and not just the regen values.

Two Morganas, same AP, same magic pen (none), one with three points in the mastery, one without, and the one with the mastery healed more health from their Q.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:07:27 pm by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: October 14, 2011, 01:01:39 pm »

Crs makes me so happy. Dat veigar.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: October 14, 2011, 01:27:44 pm »

So, besides Janna's shield, GP's Raise Morale, Rally, and Sona's Aura, what other ways are there of increasing an allies AD?

Because Currently I've got it Garen to 139 total AD at level 1, and I want to see what the max is. :P
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4655 on: October 14, 2011, 01:29:34 pm »

So, besides Janna's shield, GP's Raise Morale, Rally, and Sona's Aura, what other ways are there of increasing an allies AD?

Because Currently I've got it Garen to 139 total AD at level 1, and I want to see what the max is. :P

Aegis of the Legion increases all nearby allies' damage. I'll check the wiki and see everything, updating the post soon.

EDIT: Taric's new ult adds 35 AD to his allies. Besides what you already said, there aren't any other ones. So, get Sona, GP, Janna and taric to your team, have one of them get Aegis of the Legion, buy 6 bloodthirsters, stack 'em fully, kill baron, drink the red elixir, get full AD per lvl runes and masteries. And there you go, probably +900 AD.

+600 AD from bloodthirsters, +8 AD from Aegis aura, +10 AD from elixir = 618 AD from items

+23 AD from Raise Morale, +50 AD from Eye of da Storm, +35 AD from Taric's ult, +20 AD from Sona = 128 AD from allied champions

+3 AD from Brute Force, +35 AD from Rally, +40 AD from Baron's buff = 78 AD from misc. sources

+52.74 AD from runes (at level 18)

618 + 128 + 78 + 52.74 = 876.74 extra attack damage

Add this to any champion's attack damage to get yer max AD on that said champ.

For Malphite, this means his base attack damage at 18 (117.05) + 876.74 from all other sources + 40% extra from his W = 117.05 + 876.74 x 40% = 993.79 x 40% = 1391.306 Attack damage at level 18

Now, shall we play Malphite?

EDIT: Forgot that Rally stacks...

876.74 + 4 x 25 = 1016.74 max extra AD, add Malph's AD at level 18 = 1133.79, then add W's 40% dmg increase = 1586.306 AD. If it crits, it deals 3174.612 physical damage. Also, 62% of this splashes to enemies in front of him.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:59:28 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: October 14, 2011, 02:02:06 pm »

876.74 + 4 x 25 = 1016.74 max extra AD, add Malph's AD at level 18 = 1133.79, then add W's 40% dmg increase = 1586.306 AD. If it crits, it deals 3174.612 physical damage. Also, 62% of this splashes to enemies in front of him.

Holy Balls.

Replace one of those Bloodthirsters with an Infinity Edge, do 1556.306 with an auto attack, and 3890.765 on a crit?

Sounds legit.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: October 14, 2011, 02:03:19 pm »

... sounds like an unholy dark messiah of destruction.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4658 on: October 14, 2011, 02:06:04 pm »

Guys, guys, I have a plan. Lets do a test on some champions that use AD. Lets see how high we can go on AD, not in theory, but in normal games. I'll start my own part of the test with.. Malphite, of course.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: October 14, 2011, 02:10:17 pm »

... sounds like an unholy dark messiah of destruction.

Well, sounds like Maplh will instantly die to most things unless he actually reaches auto attack range. Oh wait his ult. : |

Guys, guys, I have a plan. Lets do a test on some champions that use AD. Lets see how high we can go on AD, not in theory, but in normal games. I'll start my own part of the test with.. Malphite, of course.

I can do with some silliness, sure. We going to do this as premades with Taric, GP and the rest of the AD buffers, or are we going to head out into the wilds of solo-queue and troll people?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: October 14, 2011, 03:06:33 pm »

Wait, if he attacked someone wearing thornmail and made a crit, wouldn't he do something like 800 damage to himself? D:

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: October 14, 2011, 03:21:04 pm »

Wait, if he attacked someone wearing thornmail and made a crit, wouldn't he do something like 800 damage to himself? D:

Yeahm but he has 125% lifesteal and so gives no fucks.

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: October 14, 2011, 03:21:43 pm »

Just created an account on West, would love to join the lowbie daycare club. Name's Mandibles.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: October 14, 2011, 04:27:52 pm »

Don't forget the extra %damage increase from 21 offensive spec.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 1067