Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273152 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Riven - Season 1 Update - 1.0.0.125
« Reply #4320 on: September 28, 2011, 08:45:51 pm »

I did.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: September 28, 2011, 08:46:39 pm »

Pretty sure everyone did when he was released. Not only because of that but because HoN planned and released their monkey king at the same time.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: September 28, 2011, 11:56:37 pm »

*Types in Wukong and Monkey King in search*

Don't see it~

The only complaints I see (other than mine) are how Monkey King is just another run-of-the-mill tanky dps. None of the "omg so overused character" complaints like you guys are touting about this fox spirit thingumajigger.

Except for one charming fellow with unlimited insight into this game:
Considering my heritage and the fact that I've seen monkey kings everywhere since birth, I'm about as excited for him as I am for my next bowel movement.

Unless this monkey king can kamehameha and do instant transmission, I'm completely uninterested.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: September 29, 2011, 05:37:32 am »

You know what mythology ISN'T exploited in every game out there? Slavic.

This here is a Kuker. A bad-ass motherfucka who scares away evil spirits with a ritual dance while wearing frightening masks.

So, where's MY kuker-champion? Hmmm?

Or would you rather a nine-tailed fox?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: September 29, 2011, 05:48:55 am »

You won't get Slavic mythology because there isn't a massive Slavic playerbase and Riot isn't owned by a Bulgarian company.
Shoes...

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: September 29, 2011, 09:25:00 am »

It's not about the player-base, though, is it? It's about fan bases. Because anime is so widespread it has granted Asian mythology much wider audience than Slavic. It's not because people won't play a champion from a different mythology, it's because a better known origin would make the champion more marketable :)

And that's exactly why I want a Slavic character - it'll be original and new.

Honestly, I just find kukers so incredibly awesome, I just want to see them represented in a game once :(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: September 29, 2011, 10:01:09 am »

Ryze is really good in Dominion.  Since everybody plays melee AD his natural tendency toward armor is great, that and his snares and kiting means you can duel Xin and company pretty well.  The virtual lack of cooldowns also helps a lot.
Shoes...

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: September 29, 2011, 10:14:03 am »

It's not about the player-base, though, is it? It's about fan bases. Because anime is so widespread it has granted Asian mythology much wider audience than Slavic. It's not because people won't play a champion from a different mythology, it's because a better known origin would make the champion more marketable :)

And that's exactly why I want a Slavic character - it'll be original and new.

Honestly, I just find kukers so incredibly awesome, I just want to see them represented in a game once :(

Agree. I want one too now :D

Any EU people want to play standard LoL with me?  :P Sometimes a friend plays too, no skill requirement :D

Doomchild-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: September 29, 2011, 10:39:19 am »

Any EU people want to play standard LoL with me?  :P Sometimes a friend plays too, no skill requirement :D

well, i'd play, but it's been a while since my last match (EU-West, DoomchildEU)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: September 29, 2011, 10:46:46 am »

So not to distract from the conflict but I just started playing with 5 games under my belt. So far I've gone 2 losses with Blitzcrank (Though I did well with him), 1 with Wukong (I'd rather not talk about that one...) and 2 wins with Soraka. I've done very well with Soraka but I'm only a level 5 summoner and was wondering if she performs well higher up the totem pole.
Well... all character's do well if they're played well. Don't worry about who's more powerful, as you're going to find characters randomly gettings buffs or nerfs. Try to learn how to play against everyone first. It's better that way.

I would agree here for sure. Play every champ you can before you pick up a "main". Don't fall into the trap I did where you've played for years but your favorites got nerfed and you're too old to learn new ones.

Plus nothing teaches you the mechanics of a champ like actually playing them.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: September 29, 2011, 11:33:26 am »

I would agree here for sure. Play every champ you can before you pick up a "main". Don't fall into the trap I did where you've played for years but your favorites got nerfed and you're too old to learn new ones.

Plus nothing teaches you the mechanics of a champ like actually playing them.

I would have to agree to some extent. I should of probably tried out more champions than I did. Of course my skill level puts me just slightly above a deliberate feeder, so in the end it nearly never mattered much how many I did try since I rarely performed too well.

I believe an acquaintance of mine once told me its best to eventually learn how to defeat every champion using just one champion before delving and mastering another. Mind you, when I said it was basically impossible for me to focus on using just one, he bluntly told me that I would then always suck at the game, then proceeded in performing horribly in a match while I copped flak from everybody. In the end, take all advice with a grain of salt and don't forget the fun factor.

Played about a dozen Dominion matches teamed up with friends and relatives today. Sadly, we did pretty bad and only won 2 matches, which leaves my win % for those matches at around 30%. Had a blast until my sixth loss in a row.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: September 29, 2011, 12:32:25 pm »

I main every champion.

Except Fiddlesticks.

I am bound by oath to never play him again.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: September 29, 2011, 12:47:27 pm »

I play everything but ranged DPS and assassin.

Unless Twitch still counts as either.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: September 29, 2011, 01:08:04 pm »

I don't have a main, but I have a small selection of champs I play regularly and I'm becoming increasingly comfortable with picking up a champ I've never played before and trying him in PvP, usually doing at least okay.

Therolyn, your acquaintance sounds dumb.  Picking a single champ and perfecting him will only lead to him getting banned/picked in a ranked game and then you're fucked.

Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: September 29, 2011, 01:13:29 pm »

Xerath's old passive got scrapped it seems. His spells would increase with power as you combo'd them, with extra mana costs. They changed it for a galio style stat exchange, except he gets extra armor with the more AP he has. Meaning he'll be a reasonably tanky caster.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1067