Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273349 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Riven - Season 1 Update - 1.0.0.125
« Reply #4185 on: September 24, 2011, 04:16:31 pm »

Malz, Brand, Annie, Anivia(?) are best-tier. 

Malz has ridiculous farm and push.  He's like Sivir in that if you leave your lane for any amount of time he'll be attacking your tower when you get back.  Late game, especially with high mpen, your damage is crazy but it's over time so you're not quite as bursty.  In teamfights assuming you don't get caught you can pretty much pick an enemy and remove them from the fight, and a pool in the middle of hte teamfight will do a shitload of damage.

Brand is bursty, has a lot of AoE, but his ult is pretty fickle and he's not as strong late game.  I've never been impressed by his damage, really, but the stun skillshot is pretty awesome when you land it.

Annie is pig disgusting baby champ.  She has very high damage, an AoE stun, but is very squishy.  It's literally impossible to mess up as Annie assuming you know how to play the game and don't get caught out of position.  All of her skills are instant, if your mouse arm isn't a broom you can't miss.

Anivia

Veigar is a pretty cool guy.  He's not top tier and he needs a lot of farm but you can make health bars disappear.

Cass is one of the hardest champs in the game but she has crazy dps and range.  Basically Urgot but you don't hit like a baby late game.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: September 24, 2011, 04:56:04 pm »

^ What Cthulhu said.

Also Orianna. Arguably the most broken AP burst caster right now. I recommend you actually pick up someone who's not blatantly going to get nerfed anytime in the near future but is still very good. Malz is a great choice. Veigar too. LeBlanc as well.

LeBlanc is great.

LeBlanc and Veigar are two sides of the same coin. LeBlanc does what Veigar does except in the early to mid game. Veigar does what LeBlanc does except in the late game. What do they do? They make health bars disappear.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: September 24, 2011, 06:54:50 pm »

Whatever Umiman and Cthullu said + Morgana. She's pretty ridiculous right now as a mage with support aspects. Very strong solo or in teamfights, lots of sustain. Pretty easy to play, all you have to do is reliably hit people with your Q and you're golden.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: September 24, 2011, 07:39:20 pm »

Okay, seriously. What the hell is up with Soloqueue? I'm getting paired up with level 10's and against level 6's. Soloqueue is just...retarded. Good Lord.

And I always forget to use Garrison or it doesn't really make a difference because I used it at the wrong time/with the wrong champion.
Also often called Boowells.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: September 24, 2011, 07:44:43 pm »

my favorite ap mage to play is hands down Lux.  She isn't really support at all, shes a 3 spell mage with a throwable shield.  It would be like considering shen support rather than a tank. 

Lux = aoe slow or damge, double snare skillshot, and 1/4 map range ult that can blow away half a health bar.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: September 24, 2011, 10:08:17 pm »

Cass is one of my favourite champions.

Heres quick guide on how to play/build her.

Cassiopeia has some of the best sustain damage of any caster. Her Q does a crazy amount per tick (even at lvl1), boosts speed by 25%, her E is such an amazing complementary skill, normally has a 4 second cooldown, but if it hits a poisoned target (e.g from her Q or W) its cooldown is reset to 0.5 seconds. Her W is a good slow, but only use it for the slow or that little extra farming, I generally don't level it till lvl 13, since its shitty damage. And oh god her R, one of the best anti tower diving tools you'll ever see. the arc covers the entire lane, stuns for 2 seconds (if they're facing you) or slows if facing away from you and does 200 damage (0.6 AP ratio). This works really really well with Flash, nothing quite like a flash + R, confuses the fuck outta someone and allows you to land some sweet deeps. Not to mention her passive, 10% less mana cost on her spells per spell used, stacks 5 times. Basically, at 5 stacks, you DOUBLE her mana pool. This includes her ult, which sits at a tasy 60 mana at lvl 1 at 5 stacks.

I'll assume I've only got my runes and Dorans Ring at 39 AP

At level 2, her Q does 95 damage(+21)(0.55 AP ratio), now, at 0.5second cooldown thats well over 220 DPS, AT LEVEL 4. AT FUCKING LEVEL 4. Her Q does 115 (+36) (0.9 AP ratio) at lvl 2. So, in one second, you've done (potentially) 260 damage. And my god, do they notice it that early on.

My general playstyle with her is SUPER AGRESSIVE. You get nothing done letting your lane push, even if they have a jungle, you can escape without flash using just your Q early game. Udyr's useless ganks can't get close, it negates GPs slows quite nicely etc. etc. Use flash if you really have to, but make them pay, throw down a Q and E him a few times. Don't level your W at all, its useless and stops you from doing stupid amounts of damage early game. The slow is tempting, but since you have a speed up on your Q

A skill you _have_ to learn though, is where and how to land your Qs, this is your bread and butter skill. If you can't land it, you can't do anything with your E. I probably should put a few pictures up explaining this, but because of time constraints I won't right now.

How I tend to engage, is I either take solo mid, or go jungling (yes jungle), You have to push them to their tower. Make the scared of you. Constantly harrass with your Q, every time you land it, follow it up with an E. Keep them in a constant state of fear, only way to work.

I prefer to take flash and teleport. Flash for the scary tower dives, and teleport for the "OMG A CASS JUST CAME UP BEHIND US AND RAEPED US GOOD" moment. Take wards, I like to pretend they're like save points if my teleport is up. Low on health? Hmm I'll just save here *places ward*, recalls, teleport back, full health *BOOM DEAD KARTHUS OR W/E*.

Edit: Forgot to add my build order.

Normal Cass. Dorans ring (Health, for getting in real close and E'ing like a bitch, plus mana regen, plus AP is bestest) > try to go back with enough for anothers DR, and lvl 1 boots, (that extra health is so useful for dodging ganks and everything. The mana regen + what ever your runes are will sustain you pretty much indefinately in lane if you don't spam skills) > Sorc shoes > Hextech revolver > TotG (Q and E'ing alot, so why not make it worth it) > Rapeadons (Games are usually over by this point) > AAS > Will of the ancients > (then what ever, really if you're at this stage you've done something wrong or your entire team sucks).

I'll have to post a replay of me playing it. Its like poetry or something.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:14:04 pm by Nilocy »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: September 24, 2011, 10:09:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If only.

Look at the gem I found on the main LoL forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YreQiDWySQ

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: September 24, 2011, 10:36:14 pm »

Okay, seriously. What the hell is up with Soloqueue? I'm getting paired up with level 10's and against level 6's. Soloqueue is just...retarded. Good Lord.

And I always forget to use Garrison or it doesn't really make a difference because I used it at the wrong time/with the wrong champion.

The ladders reset recently so your solo queue elo may be low.
Shoes...

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: September 24, 2011, 10:58:11 pm »

Moreover, I'm not level 30 yet. But really, Riot, this matchmaking makes no sense.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: September 24, 2011, 11:05:11 pm »

It's probably because they were duo, triple, or quad-queuing. What happens then is that the game tries to match the team up with the average level / elo.

For example, if I queued with a level 1 new account, we'd fight people anywhere from level 10 to level 27 or so.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: September 24, 2011, 11:08:45 pm »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: September 24, 2011, 11:11:15 pm »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6QB0YY50

I was so goddamned tired. Theres a gank at about 8 minutes in, where I litterally let 3 people away on 50HP. Funny game though
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 11:15:38 pm by Nilocy »
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1067