Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273438 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Riven - Season 1 Update - 1.0.0.125
« Reply #4125 on: September 22, 2011, 10:06:14 pm »

I think anyone you want to play will work well in Dominion provided you actually know how to play the champion.

Like I said before, skill makes a huuuuuge difference in this gamemode simply because farming is nonexistant. All the key aspects of skill play (positioning, map awareness, itemizing) are super exemplified when almost everyone is on the same playing field. There's no hyper farmed Cho Gath 4 levels higher than everyone else just roflstomping everyone here. Neither is there a zero farm super squishy support running around as a free kill. You can die 15 times and still have a good chance to kill anyone else. So just take whoever you want to play and enjoy.

I can only think of two champions that completely fail to work in this gamemode. Nasus and Veigar.

They should also do something about Warmogs, RoA, and all the Tear of the Goddess stuff.
Tear of the Goddess, I imagine, actually gets charged rapidly because spells are used SO MUCH. Also, I noticed a good item for Kassadin. There is an item called the Hextech (Seeker? I think). It gives 40 AP, 300 health, and 10% CDR. All good for Kassadin. The final ability is that it passively grants vision of the target for 4 seconds if the target is hit by an ability. Even better for Kassadin. The active seems to be a bit meh, though.

And yeah, Nasus/Veigar completely fail until their scaling abilities get ramped up much higher. Also, AoE damages are good. I've also noticed that Miss Fortune is especially powerful. AD carry, so she scales well, passive movespeed boost, and an AoE attack that lasts for like 2 seconds.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: September 22, 2011, 10:31:52 pm »

I think you are unaware of just how much charging a Tear actually requires. :P

I like the true damage hammer. It's too cool. The new Bloodthirster that looks like a sideways spaceship is also very good. Basically a Guinsoo's Rageblade of extreme AD.

Hurm, since we're at it, let's look at all the new items:

Oracle's Extract: Why would we buy this? Especially with the new stealth detection items. It's not like there are any wards either.

Prospector's Stuff: Oh god. Look at the stats on these babies. If they could stack I'd just buy 5 of them and boots. I'm having a hard time thinking of situations where you wouldn't want to start with these.

Ionic Spark: This is like a mini-Kennen w. If Kennen got this I'd laugh my ass off. Any item that gives health + offensive power, I like. And I like this. I took this on Sivir. It was... glorious.

Kitae's Bloodrazor: I don't like this. Dunno why. It just seems really lackluster to me.

Lightbringer: The first of the great new anti-stealth items. Again, I have no clue why we'd buy Oracles when we can get this or the AP variant. What this does is give vision on anything you've autoattacked for a few seconds.

Priscilla's Blessing: Trololol item. This is like a mini Shurelia that only works for yourself. I'm undecided about the capture speed boost. It seems great in theory but I've yet to be in a situation where I've gone "GOD DAMN IF ONLY I HAD 15% MORE CAPTURE SPEED". Maybe it's just me.

Sanguine Blade: Oh, this is the big daddy. I love this item. Guinsoo's Rageblade that grows in AD and lifesteal at a very dramatic rate. I won't be surprised if this gets nerfed.

Entropy: True damage frozen mallet. It's basically red buff in item form.

Hextech Sweeper: The other anti-stealth item. Works the same way, except with spells. Can also lay down a stealth detection field.

Odyn's Veil: I suck at using this item. It's really hard to keep track of how much got stored compared to when you should use it. Seems good though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: September 22, 2011, 10:59:04 pm »

Priscilla's Blessing: Trololol item. This is like a mini Shurelia that only works for yourself. I'm undecided about the capture speed boost. It seems great in theory but I've yet to be in a situation where I've gone "GOD DAMN IF ONLY I HAD 15% MORE CAPTURE SPEED". Maybe it's just me.
Play as Rammus. Powerball everywhere. Capture point. Leave as 3 people arrive. Go capture point they just left. Laugh as your teammates do everything else, while 3 people take up all of their time to stop your capturing.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: September 22, 2011, 11:18:07 pm »

Or Singed.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: September 22, 2011, 11:43:55 pm »

Or Singed.
Yeah, but that should've been obvious.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: September 22, 2011, 11:57:33 pm »

Teemo is the best at doing that. Priscilla's, boots of mobility, then grab a zeal and a malady and you can actually 1v1 an autoattack champion pretty decently.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: September 23, 2011, 12:37:23 am »

Shaco does quite well with it too, considering he's not always the best in teamfights. Simply stealth around to where everyone isn't concentrated, provided your team can stand to be 4v5 until you farm or capture enough points to get a decent lead on the enemy.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: September 23, 2011, 02:03:07 am »

Or AP Shaco that shit and leave Fun Presents for any fucker who tries to recap.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: September 23, 2011, 02:05:13 am »

Garg, it would be so much better if this was consistently available.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: September 23, 2011, 05:20:30 am »

I don't get why people think Shaco isn't good at teamfights.

Exactly what part of him makes him bad for teamfighting? As far as I'm concerned, if your champion is able to autoattack, he's good in a teamfight. Shaco has a reliable (since they fixed it) AOE fear on a short cooldown, great slow, and massive damage potential regardless of how he builds. He also pisses everyone off and jukes like no other. It is ridiculously hard to kill a well-played Shaco. Sure, he's ultra squishy, but which squishy isn't?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: September 23, 2011, 12:23:33 pm »

Exactly what part of him makes him bad for teamfighting? As far as I'm concerned, if your champion is able to autoattack, he's good in a teamfight. Shaco has a reliable (since they fixed it) AOE fear on a short cooldown, great slow, and massive damage potential regardless of how he builds. He also pisses everyone off and jukes like no other. It is ridiculously hard to kill a well-played Shaco. Sure, he's ultra squishy, but which squishy isn't?

Sadly, Shaco is extremely squishy. Compare him to Master Yi, who can alpha strike to become untargetable, an ability to heal and buff his defense, and a huge speed boost. Plus all the steroids which sync well with lifesteal.

Shaco has a shiv which doesn't do great damage unless AP, his slow is lost (I also believe it is one of the smallest inthe game) when thrown, so he has to melee to get a continuous slow.

His JitBs have a pretty large delay. If the enemy champions see it, it will just get auto attacked or avoided, or killed in AoE crossfire. And 15 seconds is not a short cooldown, the fight will be over by the time you can place another one.

Decieve.... sounds like a good escape move, but the cooldown prevents him from escaping with it. Shaco is a melee champ, shaco has no speed buffs, his only closer is deceive and if he doesn't use it he will not make much of an impact in a fight.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: September 23, 2011, 12:59:52 pm »

Sadly, Shaco is extremely squishy. Compare him to Master Yi, who can alpha strike to become untargetable, an ability to heal and buff his defense, and a huge speed boost. Plus all the steroids which sync well with lifesteal.

Shaco has a shiv which doesn't do great damage unless AP, his slow is lost (I also believe it is one of the smallest inthe game) when thrown, so he has to melee to get a continuous slow.

His JitBs have a pretty large delay. If the enemy champions see it, it will just get auto attacked or avoided, or killed in AoE crossfire. And 15 seconds is not a short cooldown, the fight will be over by the time you can place another one.

Decieve.... sounds like a good escape move, but the cooldown prevents him from escaping with it. Shaco is a melee champ, shaco has no speed buffs, his only closer is deceive and if he doesn't use it he will not make much of an impact in a fight.

Master Yi isn't a scary clown though. Also one exhaust and yi is useless. Shaco hit and runs like a mother fucking boss; usually builds lifesteal and can duke like a fucker with his Q and R.

I've been shaco and run in with my R and like, had 2123918204 ulties used on it, and ran away laughing...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: September 23, 2011, 01:11:16 pm »

Master Yi isn't a scary clown though. Also one exhaust and yi is useless. Shaco hit and runs like a mother fucking boss; usually builds lifesteal and can duke like a fucker with his Q and R.

I've been shaco and run in with my R and like, had 2123918204 ulties used on it, and ran away laughing...

1. Exhaust doesn't blind anymore, it only reduces damage, and if it kills Yi, it kills Shaco.

2. Hit and runs aren't useful in a teamfight. If all your going to do is jump in, use your abilities, and then run away, then pretty much every other champion would be a better choice.

3. Dueling isn't team fighting.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: September 23, 2011, 01:19:35 pm »

2. Hit and runs aren't useful in a teamfight. If all your going to do is jump in, use your abilities, and then run away, then pretty much every other champion would be a better choice.

Lol... looks like 70% of the champion roster is useless then.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: September 23, 2011, 01:22:23 pm »

Lol... looks like 70% of the champion roster is useless then.

Fuck man, Malz is useless.... why's he so damned scary though?!
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 1067