Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273562 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Riven - Season 1 Update - 1.0.0.125
« Reply #4035 on: September 20, 2011, 03:33:49 am »

Lol...

Triforce and Frozen Mallet? Such a nooblord!

Edit: Here's some news:
Summoners!

We've heard your feedback, and as a part of our ongoing commitment to making League of Legends an even more fun and awesome experience for players of all preferences, we are officially introducing Draft Mode into Normal Games! Now you can play like the pros without any impact on your ranked rating!
For those unfamiliar with how Draft Mode works, at champion select, each team has one player that is designated as the captain. The two captains will then have the opportunity to ban champions from play. Following the bans, teams will then take turns selecting the remaining champions, with every choice visible to the opposition so they can counter-pick as they see fit. This type of insight makes for more well-rounded matches and reactive gameplay.
Prefer regular Blind Pick Mode? Not to worry! Blind Pick will still be an option in Normal games.

Best of luck in the draft, summoners!

Summoners!

Following today's downtime, Riven will be receiving a hotfix that includes a set of buffs that should round out her gameplay.

Base Stats
        Attack Speed per level increased to 3.5 from 2.9
        Base Armor increased to 15 from 12
    Broken Wings bonus attack damage ratio increased to 0.7 from 0.6.
    Ki Shout cast time decreased to 0.25 from 0.5
    Valor
        Shield increased to 60/90/120/150/180 from 40/70/100/130/160.
        Cooldown decreased to 10/9/8/7/6 from 11/10/9/8/7.
    Wind Slash
        Cast time decreased to 0.25 from 0.5
        Missile speed increased by 10% to 2200 from 2000.

Best of luck on the Fields of Justice!

Summoners!

Last Friday the European Riot team rolled out and ran into five ferocious summoners who almost took us down. KamarUbju, LowGs, Terminatar, xXAntibiotikXx, and PeatyP, we salute you for your savagery!

With Riot on the ropes in the opening fights and Jarvan's jungle invaded by the enemy it became a tighter game than it could have been, with 2 towers down on mid, it was a desperate and unrelenting charge led by Matricus that won the day!

We wish our opponents luck, and that luck will be bolstered by a 4-Win IP for each of them!
We'll be back next week for another Lucky Game, could it be you we run into next on the Fields of Justice?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: September 20, 2011, 02:55:46 pm »

Playing as Renekton, solo lane against Annie and Amumu, they dive me at half health on level one, they both die, Annie switches lanes leaving poor Amumu to be raped by me, Shaco comes out of the jungle to help him, he dies too, Annie leaves soon, Riven goes afk, i continue to get fed and melt everyones faces ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: September 20, 2011, 03:15:55 pm »

Oh, nifty, I never have to play Blind Pick ever aga- OH GOD WHY WOULD YOU BUFF RIVEN THAT MUCH.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: September 20, 2011, 03:35:41 pm »

Oh, nifty, I never have to play Blind Pick ever aga- OH GOD WHY WOULD YOU BUFF RIVEN THAT MUCH.

So she scales like brolaf?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: September 20, 2011, 03:47:08 pm »

Oh, and Riot wants to nerf Morgana.

Herp derp.

As we all know, giving someone a small increase in their attack speed animation will turn someone from second most underused champion in the game to overpowered. Heaven forbid people learn how to counter champions (*coughCassiopeiacough*). That would be terrible.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: September 20, 2011, 04:12:24 pm »

Shes the second most underused champion? Or was that sarcasm? Whos the first x]? I dont think the buffs are going to do much for those that are already turned off or believe that her style's too awkward or too foreign.

Though, im sure those who take the time to learn and refine her playstyle, will probably dominate, at least melee wise due to high mobility and superior positioning.

Shes just not my cup of tea, unfortunately :[.

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: September 20, 2011, 04:26:41 pm »

Cas still sucks, nothing to see here ... Move along now.
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: September 20, 2011, 04:33:14 pm »

Shes the second most underused champion? Or was that sarcasm? Whos the first x]? I dont think the buffs are going to do much for those that are already turned off or believe that her style's too awkward or too foreign.

Though, im sure those who take the time to learn and refine her playstyle, will probably dominate, at least melee wise due to high mobility and superior positioning.

Shes just not my cup of tea, unfortunately :[.
He was talking about Morgana :P. I haven't gotten to play her since the attack animation rework, but one of my friends owns her... I should borrow her account. I want to try Taric's new ult too, glad he's free!

Seriously, she went how long without a nerf or change save for the touchup from two months ago?
Nothing from December 2010 (1.0.0.106) through May 2011 (.118) when they tweaked some ranges, June (.120) when they very slightly changed her shield, then August (.123) when they reworked her autoattack and some other stuff. They did include some small buffs to most of her abilities with .123, so it's possible the nerf is just reverting one or two of those (1 second change to cooldowns, things like that). And that's if they actually go through with it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:38:32 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: September 20, 2011, 04:35:59 pm »

Most of the people who bitch about champion balance in those threads are usually people who just got their ass handed to them by said champion and want to feel better about themselves. And because the only people who play Morg during non-free weeks are people who are good with her, this happens often.

Saying that the reason they lost is because the champ is OP, not because they fucked up in the game, is somehow a good enough excuse to these people.

I still say she's a little weak. Her cooldowns are in the region of decades if you have no CDR items, the only good thing about her shield is the SPELL IMMUNE... Blargh. Forums are retarded, but Riot listens to them.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:38:45 pm by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: September 20, 2011, 04:37:41 pm »

Oh crap! Id misread that entirely! My apologies x]!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: September 20, 2011, 05:28:52 pm »

Most of the people who bitch about champion balance in those threads are usually people who just got their ass handed to them by said champion and want to feel better about themselves. And because the only people who play Morg during non-free weeks are people who are good with her, this happens often.

Saying that the reason they lost is because the champ is OP, not because they fucked up in the game, is somehow a good enough excuse to these people.

I still say she's a little weak. Her cooldowns are in the region of decades if you have no CDR items, the only good thing about her shield is the SPELL IMMUNE... Blargh. Forums are retarded, but Riot listens to them.
Everyone knows people who argue about champion balance are pros. Only noobs don't complain, because they're bad and don't know better.

Otherwise, Cass would be balanced. Cass UP.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: September 20, 2011, 05:32:56 pm »

Yeah, there were only three noticeable changes to Morgana ever since last year.

1. The speed of her snare is faster.
2. Her autoattack animation is faster.
3. Her mana costs were lowered.

Out of all three, I think the only one that actually makes a difference is her mana costs. Specifically on her pool. If you play Morgana, you know that right now you have unlimited mana if all you do is just pool. Is it a big deal? I don't think so. All it's used for is farming anyway. Malzahar has unlimited mana if all he does is Malefic Visions. That does waaaaay more damage. Gragas has unlimited mana if all he does is barrel roll. It's all the same deal.

I really don't think Morgana should get touched at all. She has really low damage compared to all the other casters (well, except compared to Lux) because she traded all of it for way higher survivability.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: September 20, 2011, 05:50:18 pm »

Malzahar has unlimited mana if all he does is Malefic Visions. That does waaaaay more damage.

SHHHH
DON'T GIVE AWAY MY SECRETS
ALL MY FRIENDS STILL THINK I'M PRO
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: September 20, 2011, 06:10:46 pm »

It's so tempting to not use only visions though.  Call of the Void does so many shitboats of damage, pops bubble (And still silences!) and has so much range you can hit people under their tower with it (Psst, if you stand at the corner opposite the enemy tower, you can hit them under it and the tower won't agro.  I get so many kills there).

I used to buy tear on Malz.  so bad
Shoes...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: September 20, 2011, 06:28:47 pm »

Until you have full runes and masteries, Tear of the Goddess is mandatory on him.

Once you have your Mp5 yellows, it's a waste of 1k.

Funny how it works, huh?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 1067