Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273642 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Riven - Season 1 Update - 1.0.0.125
« Reply #3915 on: September 14, 2011, 05:51:50 pm »

I dunno. Riven doesn't look too interesting at the moment, even if I bought one of the bundles because I just...really don't like the classic skin. Plus, you're going to have instalock Rivens for the next day or so, so why bother? She really doesn't look all that interesting from the bot game I just played. I was more entertained by being Sivir and farming everything. Farming two entire minion waves in less than 10 seconds is just hilarious.
Also often called Boowells.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: September 14, 2011, 06:41:16 pm »

Got to play around with her to get a feel for her skills, but had to use a StupidBot game to do it. Couldn't react fast enough to play against the more cheaty variety.

She's hella fun to play, and really flowy, if that was a word. And much more melee DPS than Tanky DPS, what with her low-ish base health (Under 2k at 18). Also, slightly limited by the fact that there's shit for choice for CD items on her. Farms like a Boss, though.

I'm thinking for her Core:
Shoes of Appropriateness. Generally Mercs, unless it looks like the game is going to be feeding time for your team, or they have no CC. In that case GET IONIANS.
Black Cleaver. She has a crappy attack speed without it.
Some other CD item. Maybe Ghostblade, though it's kinda crappy.

Also:
TRIFORCE. Maybe. I haven't played enough to see if it's a noticeable boost to damage, but it feels like it should be. if you get your rhythm going*, you can go Q, Proc, normal attack, Q, Proc, attack, Q, Proc, attack. Forever.

*And have decent CD.

Also also, there's a weird bug with her W that delays her auto-attack for the same time as the stun lasts on the enemy. You can get around it by Q-ing something immediately after using it.

EDIT the 2nd:
If you build an item with mana on it, Riven gets a mana bar.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 07:15:27 pm by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: September 14, 2011, 08:46:11 pm »

Mmm... gotta love League of Chopping Your Own Dick Off is More Fun Than This Game.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: September 14, 2011, 09:18:15 pm »

They intentionaly made triforce sorta bad on her. All her rates and the way she plays indicates she wants to stack AD. SHE HAS A SHIELD THAT SCALES WITH AD, A GOOD ONE TOO.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: September 14, 2011, 09:30:13 pm »

Irelia is still better than Riven right now.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: September 14, 2011, 11:15:13 pm »

I feel really sad.

My 2nd most favorite champion to play is now dead (again).

My favorite champion is outclassed by everyone.

And my third favorite is a douchebag that nobody likes.

I mean, I can still play everyone else no problem but you know... you feel sad when your mains have been ruined.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #3921 on: September 14, 2011, 11:19:48 pm »

I feel really sad.

My 2nd most favorite champion to play is now dead (again).

My favorite champion is outclassed by everyone.

And my third favorite is a douchebag that nobody likes.

I mean, I can still play everyone else no problem but you know... you feel sad when your mains have been ruined.
Meanwhile, Urgot is still awesome :P

Invest in a champion that's good, but not good enough to warrant a nerf. Urgot has remained constant for a long time now.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: September 14, 2011, 11:27:48 pm »

Back in my day, Urgot was a pile of crap that was useless as fuck. Then Riot gave him some amazing buffs that actually allowed him to be useful past 10 minutes into the game.

I can't exactly "invest in a champion that's good" when I can't predict how Riot will overreact 1 year into the future.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: September 14, 2011, 11:55:37 pm »

Chogath and Garen bot lane. Wait for Riven and Gangplank to walk into bushes.

*POP* *SPIN*

Cho'gath: "DEMACIA!"
Garen: "OM NOM NOM!"

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: September 15, 2011, 01:30:39 am »

Sad to hear that, Umi :[. I haven't been hit with the NERF-HAMMA on my Wukong main yet, but you never know. Riot's always fidgeting with the champions. Especially now with Dominion about to be released, they're trying to change many superfluous things to alter the meta-game or whatever.

~ As for Riven, I do like her flow, her agility, and the overall style they're trying to implement. She's extremely fast, and combos you faster than you can twitch. Not to mention the fact that her AD ratios are friggin' amazing, 1.8 for her ultimate anyone? Although there are a bunch of positives, I don't think I'm going to pick her up until I'm fully convinced. Even with the Q combo, I think it's going to be relatively hard for her to stick to enemy champions like some of the other melee champions. I've seen some streams, and she's more of a hit-burst-run, type of character, kind of like Talon and Wukong. Not that, that's a bad thing of course, I just don't know whether she has enough sustainability and "umph" to be a major component in team-fights. Though, I could be immensely wrong, as I've only seen streams of her in action. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 01:33:36 am by xDarkz »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: September 15, 2011, 01:43:39 am »

Riven is really painful in late game >.> I also really couldn't do anything to her as Talon. I've only seen one though so far.

Today for troll Thursday, we did duo mid Nocturne and Soraka. Won our mid lane so easily followed by a total rape. Nocturne's Q spam and Soraka's Q spam is quite horrific to fight.

Then we did jungle Talon. That one... was painful. I'm going to say this. Out of ALL the junglers I've done. This includes jungle Ashe, jungle Katarina, jungle Janna, etc. Out of ALL of the 50 or so champions I've successfully jungled with. Talon is the shittiest. His early game ganks are so freaking bad (no damage). His jungle speed is horrendously slow. His survivability is so crap. It was nightmarish. We still won when I stole baron and two of them ragequitted. Hehehe.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #3926 on: September 15, 2011, 02:22:22 am »

Ooh, ooh, try jungling with Urgot next!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: September 15, 2011, 02:45:39 am »

They intentionaly made triforce sorta bad on her. All her rates and the way she plays indicates she wants to stack AD. SHE HAS A SHIELD THAT SCALES WITH AD, A GOOD ONE TOO.

What kind of shield stacks with attack damage?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: September 15, 2011, 04:01:21 am »

What kind of shield stacks with attack damage?

One with a very small dash. And, well, it's made out of her sword's pieces.

As for making triforce bad on her... they kinda failed. Big time. Her entire game is spent skill-attack-skill-attacking. Yes, she wastes a small amount of mana and AP... but she adds about 750 damage to one run of her Q.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: September 15, 2011, 05:52:01 am »

Seriously fuck Riven, can't even start a botgame for 25 IP because everytime someone picks her someone else dodges because they wanted to play her -.-

Finished a game, still 5 IP short FML
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 06:17:16 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 1067