Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273837 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Talon, the Blade's Shadow - 1.0.0.124
« Reply #3735 on: September 05, 2011, 06:02:07 pm »

Talon's works if you're fighting other squishy solo laner, and he seems specialy deadly against mages since his combo starts with a silence, but he's weak against people who can take his combo and dish out damage after, like the usual tanky solo laners (renekton, irelia, cho gath, jarvan, etc) or anyone who starts a combo before you do. You NEED to be the first one to get the combo off, or you'll die a horrible death.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: September 05, 2011, 06:51:42 pm »

I bought Talon on my smurf account since it had 6300 ip on it.

And yeah, I dunno what he does at all. He feels like a really squishy AD Morde that wants to be Katarina.

Anyway, according to Chaox (a popular pro player), the next season will tie ELO to actual teams instead of to specific players. For example, you could make a team of say... CLG and the ELO you get will be tied to that team. Then if you play with another team... sayyyy.... EG, you also have that ELO. He didn't really mention what would happen to solo queue.

Makes more sense honestly. Solo queue ELO doesn't make any sense at all in a team game like LoL where 9 times out of 10 you have a troll / leaver.

Edit: Hey Yodamaster, could you gold my EU account? :D

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: September 05, 2011, 06:54:47 pm »

At what time does the "scheduled maintenance" usually happen ? Right now it doesn't seem like anything will be shut down.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: September 05, 2011, 07:42:30 pm »

At what time does the "scheduled maintenance" usually happen ? Right now it doesn't seem like anything will be shut down.

If it's not this Thursday/Friday then it's definitely next week.

I can say with confidence that it's not tomorrow, however.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: September 05, 2011, 07:45:29 pm »

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1195277

At first I thought it would actually be you playing as Tibbers, dropping Annie on people.

I guess this is close enough though.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: September 05, 2011, 07:46:43 pm »

Yeah I know, it's not that cool.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: September 05, 2011, 09:00:49 pm »

Just successfully did jungle Karthus. Was higher level and had more farm than their mid Karthus. Started with cloth armour 5 pots and ganked at level 3 because I didn't know what I was doing and took all the wrong skills.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: September 05, 2011, 10:12:34 pm »

Just successfully did jungle Karthus. Was higher level and had more farm than their mid Karthus. Started with cloth armour 5 pots and ganked at level 3 because I didn't know what I was doing and took all the wrong skills.

Yo man, its viable, just like all of your other jungles

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: September 05, 2011, 10:22:59 pm »

I've found how much fun/overpowered Trndamere is as a hybrid. Berserker's, Avarice and Phantom Dancer as his starting items.... then, out of nowhere, Guinsoo's and Hextech. Healing for 700 or so with his Q and being able to lifesteal more? Priceless.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: September 05, 2011, 11:03:20 pm »

Tryndamere is pretty scary, I agree. I'm not sure why he isn't used more. Especially as solo top. He works very, very well as a solo top (easy escape, so much damage, farms like a boss, great CC for ganks, great heal).

He's also a pretty scary jungler too in my opinion. Fast as well and gets better and better as the game goes on. Jungle Trynd is outclassed by Nocturne though so maybe that's why you don't see that one too much.

But I really think solo top Trynd should be played more.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: September 06, 2011, 12:23:18 am »

Thanks for the constructive words guys. I just won my "very first Singed" game. I had better luck this time with my team completely ignoring him as he pushed a lane by himself. Their DPS' stood no chance whatsoever. In exchange for one tower, we'd all but aced the entire team (We eventually killed him afterwards too). It was an hour long game, but I'm quite satisfied. Thank you guys, thank you so much.

Also, I just bought Xin Zhao cause I heard that he's essentially a better combatant than Wukong (Which is my main). I played a few games with him but I couldn't get into that feel, that sensation of total "aaaaahhhhh-yeeeeaaah" when I totally decimate my opponents; Not sure if you guys understand what I'm trying to get at.

With Wukong, I feel as though his laning is incredibly weak, you know, with little to no CC aside from Exhaust if you decide to take it. Xin's laning phase is much easier, allowing him to totally own the lane he's applied himself in. The problem with Xin is that mid-late game, his attacks don't seem to scale very effectively aside from his Three-Talon-Strike (which has a 1 AD ratio), and his ultimate's not as nearly as disruptive as Wukong's. Though, I've had my ass handed to by my Xin wielding several Phantom Dancers and Cooldown reduction, I'm not all too afraid of him during team fights.

While I feel that Xin is stronger in respect to one-on-one, even one-on-two, the smaller skirmishes. I can't help but feel motivated to select Wukong for his disruptive asset. Though, the ULT is more useful in terms of "OH SHIT, KNOCK-UP" instead of the less than modest damage it does. So I'm not quite sure which person to main. I really like the facet of melee burst damage though, but I wouldn't mind a speedy DPS either though.

EDIT: Also, to offer some thought into the above conversation. Tryndamere is a BEAST when built and played correctly. If I'm anywhere near half HP and anymore than a few steps away from my tower, a Tryndamere is almost always lethal. "MOCKING SHOUT!" -Crits for 500 DMG-
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:32:44 am by xDarkz »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: September 06, 2011, 12:42:51 am »

It's especially bad when you're an Ashe and there's a Tryndamere on the enemy team. You basically lose. If he's jungling, once he's level 6 he can practically kill you anytime he wants.

---

For X^Z, he requires a very specific kind of mindset. The fact that you're considering your team's benefit when you play X^Z is not something you should have in your mind in the first place. X^Z is:
1. Extremely selfish. He wants everything. All kills. All buffs. All farm. Solo lane. Everything.
2. Everyone is worse than him. Doesn't matter if this is true or not, but this is the mindset you must have. You must feel extremely superior to everyone.

The reason for this is that X^Z is extremely high risk high reward. Some would say his risk far exceeds his reward. To play him well means you must capitalize on every minor mistake the enemy makes. You must engage in fights without the slightest hesitation. You must be supremely confident. This is because he can't escape fights without using summoner skills. Thus, he must enter and fight to the end. He MUST kill enemies or die himself. This is not like Wukong who can escape so easily after disrupting everyone.

It takes some getting used to, but if you play enough games you'll understand what I mean. It took me like 20 games or so of extreme feeding with X^Z before I finally understood the mindset.

---

Nowadays I can't play X^Z or Irelia without feeling very dirty. I just feel like I'm cheating. I know that if I take either of these champions solo top, I will win. It's almost guaranteed. Hell, I still have the 100% win ratio with Irelia and 79% win ratio with X^Z in ranked. Playing them feels waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to tryhard in my mind, so I tend to avoid them as much as possible.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3747 on: September 06, 2011, 06:15:49 am »

X^Z is:
1. Extremely selfish. He wants everything. All kills. All buffs. All farm. Solo lane. Everything.

I saw my brother play as Gp today, and he had a Xin as his teammate. Any time my bro and Xin took an enemy down together, either Xin took the kill or my bro did and then Xin always said "ks".
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: September 06, 2011, 07:21:44 am »

Any time my bro and Xin took an enemy down together, either Xin took the kill or my bro did.
Derp :3

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: September 06, 2011, 07:28:34 am »

Any time my bro and Xin took an enemy down together, either Xin took the kill or my bro did.
Derp :3

This is the oddest possible response, I think.

Rwgardless, FreeWeek61 is dickbag central. I mean jegus croist look at it.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 1067