Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273950 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Talon, the Blade's Shadow - 1.0.0.124
« Reply #3600 on: August 30, 2011, 09:33:31 am »

Protip: If you have Brand, play him in Ranked now. You can't dodge his pillar unless you have a dash/teleport. Or if you're Singed, maybe.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: August 30, 2011, 09:59:08 am »

Zerker's Greaves.
Rylai's.
Frozen Mallet.
Bloodrazor.
Atma's.
Banshee's Veil.

Trololol.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: August 30, 2011, 10:00:15 am »

503 error caused double-post.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 10:14:05 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: August 30, 2011, 10:11:29 am »

Does the AOE bug affect Kog'Maw?

Cause that would shift the blame away from me for getting hit by his every single ult.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: August 30, 2011, 11:12:12 am »

I'll pick Udyr to escape ELO hell. I mean, who's better at escaping than Udyr?
Not to mention he's a sick jungler.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: August 30, 2011, 11:22:48 am »

The dashes are broken?

So the patch did fuck up Nocturne!  I've been having all kinds of issues where I get fucked over by Noc not sticking to the enemy when I use paranoia.  Such a hassle to right click him again.
Shoes...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: August 30, 2011, 01:48:54 pm »

I've had some issues where a well placed Paranoia would have killed my target outright, but it seems to "miss" sometimes. Hope they fix that.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: August 30, 2011, 01:57:38 pm »

All this and I've never thought to play Urgot. It wouldn't matter if your enemy dodged the corrosive charge, they'd get hit anyways. :U

Anyways, I picked up Teemo for the lulz, and I'm currently cackling madly as I conjure up strategies and ideas. I won't share them right away, because :U, but I've high hopes. I plan on building AP and AS.

While I think phreak is creepy as hell, his idea of teemo being that one ranged jerk that stacks on hit effects aways seems to work great with teemo. Get bloodrazors, wits end and some other attack speed item with on hit effect, then go with tankyness for the rest. Works great once you get it done since you'll be draining people's health considerably fast no matter how tanky they are. This build was used to great effect to carry some EU teams through dreamhack.

Pros: It counters tanky stuff like nothing else, even singed, and works nicely against squishies too.

Cons: You aren't very useful till a fair bit of your items are done.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:05:24 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: August 30, 2011, 02:07:40 pm »

Speaking of Phreak...

They had to pop that banshee's veil on his coat before they could guillotine him.  It did tons of damage.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: August 30, 2011, 02:12:24 pm »

They lost 2 of their teamates while towerdiving him too, but it was totally worth it.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Taniec

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to save the day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: August 30, 2011, 02:14:56 pm »

I've taken a break from this game. Especially since actual good games are coming out thanks to end year season.

Time to kick the LoL habit!

I've stopped playing since early June. Played about 4-5 months. Got my ELO to around 1700. The thing about this game is that it is a MASSIVE time sink. It's like a Korean MMO disguised as an RTS and it has worked as a fantastic business model for Riot. After realizing how bad the grind was when it came to proper runes and having a great variety of champions without spending my entire entertainment budget I just lost all desire to play and never really got the desire to get back. I love the MOBA genre, but the communities tend to be absolutely terrible. It's like you aren't allowed to have just one bad game playing LoL. I can't get into HoN or DOTA 2 because I don't have a computer good enough to play them so I may consider regular old DOTA to get my fix, but am hesitant at the idea of being a newbie in an elitist community.

However, I miss absolutely dominating with Akali. I would consistently get 20+ kills and like 5 deaths. I think my averages with her were around 12/5/11 but I'm not sure. I just can't handle all the hostility in the game. Maybe I need tougher skin, but it is sickening.

EDIT: Jungling with Amumu was awesome too. Bandage tossing from the jungle during the laning phase always brought upon a smile on my face.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:21:09 pm by Taniec »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: August 30, 2011, 02:28:10 pm »

It's a timesink only if you want it to be, nobody is forcing you to have five full runepages and all the champions.You take a few that you like and get runes for them (which, if you are lucky will mostly overlap), now you should have all that by the time you hit level 30 and from there on you play ranked with your favourite champs or mess around in random games.I don't really consider it much of a grind if i'm having fun.

Also Dakk, just trying out that stuff on Kennen, seems to be working against bots :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: August 30, 2011, 03:43:59 pm »

It's a timesink only if you want it to be, nobody is forcing you to have five full runepages and all the champions.You take a few that you like and get runes for them (which, if you are lucky will mostly overlap), now you should have all that by the time you hit level 30 and from there on you play ranked with your favourite champs or mess around in random games.I don't really consider it much of a grind if i'm having fun.

Also Dakk, just trying out that stuff on Kennen, seems to be working against bots :D

Everything works against bots.

Attack Speed Kennen works against bots. Singed with Gank Boots+FoN+ZEALS works against bots. AP Miss Fortune and AD Viegar works against bots.

Well, if you're mildly competent. First game of the new rotation, I was trying Kennen for the first time in ages. So, sure, Intermediate bot game to get used to his skills.

I was the only one of our team with a bot-game-like kill-death ratio, with 11-2-2 at 15 minutes in. The entire rest of the human team was negative. Going by their connection ping and uniform uselessness, it was a 4-man pre-made of absolute retards.

AP TF did dragon alone while the bots pushed mid hard, almost died because he had no spellvamp. I couldn't leave any tower for any length of time because it'd be destroyed the second I stopped paying attention to it. Ryzebot was Legendary, somehow. I was the only one of my team at level 18, 40 minutes in as they destroyed our base.

It was retarded. My team was retarded. Blargh blargh bad players be bad etc etc.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: August 30, 2011, 04:02:49 pm »

Even worse is when the bots somehow manage to push your mid tower to the inhibitor, and get this, your team SURRENDERS!!!!!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: August 30, 2011, 04:23:17 pm »

Grumble. Losing streak.

I guess, though, what can you do with an instalock Ashe who did less damage than you, despite you being tank Jarvan. And Orianna pretty much spent the whole game bashing me as if it's my fault that Ashe and Leblanc BOTH did less damage than I. And died more. Admittedly, I'm pretty inexperienced at playing tank and probably LoL in general, but sheesh...

On second thought, this probably means I'm a terrible tank. Sigh. I'd go play Brand if I could, but people keep grabbing AP carry almost immediately.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 04:37:44 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 1067