Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273982 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Talon, the Blade's Shadow - 1.0.0.124
« Reply #3570 on: August 28, 2011, 03:49:02 am »

Ok help needed, how do you deal with solo top garen?

More specifically how do you deal with him if you ar Tyrind or Jarvan, because i really have no freaking idea how to do anything to him.If i try to last hit he just Q's me in the face and i have to back off, then he can use his spin to freeefarm because again i can't get anywhere near him without loosing a chunk of hp.And if i do any damage to him by any means, he simply backs off a bit and within the next minute he is back with full hp, then as soon as he hits lvl6 i am as good as dead because by now i am probably at half hp and he is full and so can easily dive and murder me with his ult.Ganks don't help either because of his flash/ghost+spin combo which basically negates any slows he might and gets him to safety quickly.And worse yet, he builds more damage and less tank than me and is still impossible to kill while dishing out a crapload of hurt.
Regrowth pendant, and regen quints?

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: August 28, 2011, 12:10:28 pm »

Well I started playing it ...not exactly entranced. Guess I'll give it a few more tries because I want to play something with a friend, but in comparison to BLC it's just so damn slow and boring. I mean hell, 40 minutes match and the best I've seen is a guy with 15 kills! I can't even start to imagine how HoN must be.

Also, completely unrelated, I am fucking terrible at it :(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: August 28, 2011, 12:17:39 pm »

Haha, my friend went from 1630 ELO to 1300 ELO this week. And he's one of the most solid players I know.

At least I still have my silver medal~

Edit: Stop solo top Garen with cloth armour + 5 pots.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: August 28, 2011, 12:25:14 pm »

Graven in that case you could wait up for Dominion, it's coming soonish and will ofer quick matches of some 20 minutes that will be a lot more frantic than ordinary games.

And i think i'll just ask for a swap untill i get myself Rene :3
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: August 28, 2011, 01:24:32 pm »

Even worse, pick Skarner get forced to solo top against Nidalee and Zilean ;__________________________;
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: August 28, 2011, 01:30:04 pm »

Has the aoe bug been patched?  As of the Talon patch all AoE effects (Like Lay Waste, Yordle Trap, etc.) are significantly increased.  Caitlyn can completely block off the lane with her traps, it's crazy.
Shoes...

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: August 28, 2011, 02:20:36 pm »

The skill shot isn't an AOE though, it will only ever affect one person.  Also, I faced a Karthus who hit me EVERY DAMN TIME, no joke.  I saw him miss maybe once the entire laning phase and I was dead focused on avoiding those suckers.  Seriously I should have dodge a lot of those.  I know when I was playing Cass, I was getting some pretty ridiculous hits in there too.  Not that I'm complaining as long as I'm on the right side of it though.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: August 28, 2011, 02:39:15 pm »

I've taken a break from this game. Especially since actual good games are coming out thanks to end year season.

Time to kick the LoL habit!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: August 28, 2011, 03:56:01 pm »

Meh, Brands Pillar of Flame is a bitch to dodge without boots.
Thank god Wild Cards have such a good range.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: August 28, 2011, 05:40:32 pm »

Enter ranked game, loading starts, one of ours hasn't connected and akali is stuck on 95% for some 15 minutes, i close it and reconnect, turns out the problem was me not them and i haven't connected for some reason, so i join the game, fuck around for for minutes and we surrender, lost some more elo and had fun -.-''
AS - IG

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: August 28, 2011, 06:18:53 pm »

Losing streak now. Grrr. I wish people would stop instantly going for AP/AD carries and actually play tank/support for once. I should start queuedodging teams.
Also often called Boowells.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: August 28, 2011, 06:27:33 pm »

Losing streak now. Grrr. I wish people would stop instantly going for AP/AD carries and actually play tank/support for once. I should start queuedodging teams.

Don't queuedodge. Once you start it'll be hard to commit to anything but a perfect teamcomp and once you get one you'll lose to an all-carry team.
Shoes...

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: August 28, 2011, 06:43:28 pm »

Don't queuedodge. Once you start it'll be hard to commit to anything but a perfect teamcomp and once you get one you'll lose to an all-carry team.

One of these days, I actually want to play Swain in a PvP match, though. There's always that person who takes the AP carry almost immediately. I suppose I could go support Swain or tank Swain (Apparently, he has high base values, plus the AoE root and survivability ultimate), but I want to try a normal Swain first.
Also often called Boowells.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: August 28, 2011, 07:47:57 pm »

One of these days, I actually want to play Swain in a PvP match, though. There's always that person who takes the AP carry almost immediately. I suppose I could go support Swain or tank Swain (Apparently, he has high base values, plus the AoE root and survivability ultimate), but I want to try a normal Swain first.

Swain should be played tanky AP. He can do mid or top.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: August 28, 2011, 10:39:13 pm »

So, after experiencing the horrible that is Skarner, I'm actually quite pleased with Talon. Fairly slow to start but his W is extremely spammable, and makes it somewhat easier to lane. A scaling silence on his E would be nice, rather than a flat 1 second at all levels, and I'm not sure if his ultimate is not supposed to hit with every blade on return or not, but it would be slightly overpowered if he did. Easily over a thousand damage.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 1067