Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273979 times)

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Talon, the Blade's Shadow - 1.0.0.124
« Reply #3555 on: August 27, 2011, 02:08:53 pm »

Need a character to escape elo hell in ranked  :-\

Gangplank, Nasus, Morde, Akali, Trynd all work.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: August 27, 2011, 02:26:41 pm »

Holy crap.
Not only are most people in ranked horrible, they are also total douchebags.
I'm tempted to mute my whole team every single game.

Akali might work, although I haven't been very successful with her. Guess she takes a bit getting used to.
I lack the mindset for Tyrnd.
Nasus is a gamble, although I used to play him, when people were still looking down on him. Seems to be a lot better now.
Don't have Morde or Gangplank.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: August 27, 2011, 04:27:42 pm »

As cho, I fought akali with what must have been a full set of leveled ap runes, and full investment in the offense tree.

She DESTROYED ME.

even with a negatron cloak :/

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: August 27, 2011, 04:29:51 pm »

Mindmaker you on EU east?
If so we can duoqueue or even pull some more people in ^^
And Nasus is certainly OP now, he has pre-nerf Udyr sustain and doesn't really need to leave his lane, ever.
And Tyrind doesn't need a mindset, he doesn't need a mind really, you just go to a Nirvana like place where all you can hear is the soud of your mouse clicking and the announcer announcing your N-th kill :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: August 27, 2011, 04:56:36 pm »

Yup, I'm on EU.
Tried, but it looks like I don't fit in the group. That or they are really incredibly busy.

He does. You're expected to towerdive like a boss, make a triple kill and then die yourself.
I guess I'm not a risk taker. I mean I die often enough to towers, after making a kill, but that's just miscalculated risk.

Guess I can't play agressively as melee.
A pity, since the game is so heavily geared towards melee dps, while ranged is kinda sub-par.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: August 27, 2011, 06:20:53 pm »

I still think solo queue is more about getting your team to work together and not flame each other than it is about carrying.

At least and especially in low elo. (I'm at 1361 now)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:22:28 pm by LASD »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: August 27, 2011, 06:48:01 pm »

Just played my first actual game as Jarvan IV.

I did pretty okay, but I definitely could've done better. I was laning with a decently bad Soraka, too, who kept using sustain to heal me, not to silence the damn Fiddlesticks who sent a bird our way every time he could. We frightened the shit out of Warwick and Fiddlesticks, but we could've done better at forcing them out of the lane if Soraka had used more nuke silence and less starcall. Especially since she brought along Clarity, so there really was NO NEED for mana replenishment. Jarvan has low mana costs, but equally low mana, so Clarity works at double effectiveness for him.

I actually think we won mostly because of Anivia. Our mid-Anivia faced off against a 400 ping Vayne, and naturally had two or three kills when the laning phase was over. She pretty much stomped the enemy all game while I made a few foolish decisions.
Also often called Boowells.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: August 27, 2011, 07:06:53 pm »

I'm waiting till the next patch so I can get my free Jarvan IV and Victorious skin :P.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: August 27, 2011, 07:13:36 pm »

wow... singed + nasus equals almost certain death it seems "wither, toss, soul fire, poison, siphoning strike, dead..."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:17:38 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: August 27, 2011, 07:22:39 pm »

Ok help needed, how do you deal with solo top garen?

More specifically how do you deal with him if you ar Tyrind or Jarvan, because i really have no freaking idea how to do anything to him.If i try to last hit he just Q's me in the face and i have to back off, then he can use his spin to freeefarm because again i can't get anywhere near him without loosing a chunk of hp.And if i do any damage to him by any means, he simply backs off a bit and within the next minute he is back with full hp, then as soon as he hits lvl6 i am as good as dead because by now i am probably at half hp and he is full and so can easily dive and murder me with his ult.Ganks don't help either because of his flash/ghost+spin combo which basically negates any slows he might and gets him to safety quickly.And worse yet, he builds more damage and less tank than me and is still impossible to kill while dishing out a crapload of hurt.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: August 27, 2011, 07:33:20 pm »

Hmm, Garen is going to be my new ranked char.
He may not be able to carry, but he's a fun way to deal with squishies.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: August 27, 2011, 07:40:51 pm »

Ok help needed, how do you deal with solo top garen?

More specifically how do you deal with him if you ar Tyrind or Jarvan, because i really have no freaking idea how to do anything to him.If i try to last hit he just Q's me in the face and i have to back off, then he can use his spin to freeefarm because again i can't get anywhere near him without loosing a chunk of hp.And if i do any damage to him by any means, he simply backs off a bit and within the next minute he is back with full hp, then as soon as he hits lvl6 i am as good as dead because by now i am probably at half hp and he is full and so can easily dive and murder me with his ult.Ganks don't help either because of his flash/ghost+spin combo which basically negates any slows he might and gets him to safety quickly.And worse yet, he builds more damage and less tank than me and is still impossible to kill while dishing out a crapload of hurt.

... ranged silence? It still works on his spin button. That said, if I'm not mistaken, his spin is AD based and as Trynd, you have the AD-reduction ability Mocking Shout. As for Jarvan... I have no answer.

That said, according to Leaguecraft, Garen has some good AD ratios. It might be worth it to use a lot of Mocking Shout, even if his back is not turned, unless it's on a large cooldown.

The only remaining question is if you can reduce Garen's AD below 0 and make him do less base damage with his spin.

After looking into it further, Mocking Shout reduces AD for 4 seconds. Judgment lasts for 3. Mocking Shout has a 14 second cooldown. Judgment has a 13 second cooldown, although that cooldown decreases the more levels Garen puts into it. Still, if you can Mocking Shout right before the silence, Garen will probably initiate his silence-spin combo.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:48:51 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: August 27, 2011, 11:16:15 pm »

Its nearly impossible to play LoL soloqueue during weekends. 26 CS mid lane vs enemy mid lane with 120 CS.

And the most time I have for LoL is during the weekends
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: August 28, 2011, 12:36:00 am »

Its nearly impossible to play LoL soloqueue during weekends. 26 CS mid lane vs enemy mid lane with 120 CS.

And the most time I have for LoL is during the weekends

Yikes! In that case, don't solo! Although I'm not all too awesome, I'll gladly queue with any of you. Remember, we're Bayers x], you've got a coalition of brethren. Don't solo queue :P.

NA Server: XDarkzz

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: August 28, 2011, 01:11:30 am »

We're all who what now?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 1067