Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274013 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Talon, the Blade's Shadow - 1.0.0.124
« Reply #3525 on: August 26, 2011, 03:31:23 pm »

Why not play both? I would if I had a better computer.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: August 26, 2011, 03:48:59 pm »

Why play both? It is hard enough keeping up with all the new champions and changes in League. Having to patch both and start from scratch would be tough.

Not only that, but some games are hard to switch between, for example SC2 and LoL. The control schemes are close, but still distant enough that I get all confused and make dumb mistakes.

If I am going to play a Dota style game, I am going to play LoL. I want to get better at it, I want to master every champ type. That means playing against serious people, aka, ranked. Every other dota style and every other match type just seems like a waste of time to me.

LoL Might get replaced with DOTA 2

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: August 26, 2011, 03:56:19 pm »

Well I'd be learning it from the start, for one - I've never, ever played either game and don't know even the basic stuff, much less the heroes and abilities. And the two games have a staggering amount of those :) I mean, damn, it was hard enough remembering the 15 or so chars in Bloodline Champions, and HoN alone has 86 (?) characters :)

Other than that I don't really care about either, I just want something to play with a friend. So you'd say LoL is the same as HoN, only better? Is it system-heavy, because my poor laptop is kind of ... not good?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: August 26, 2011, 03:57:59 pm »

Holy shit. Did you guys know that a tank Ali can beat a Yi 1v1?

Anyway, Ali + Yorick lane is rape lane. Yorick provides the damage and slow, Ali provides the sustain and hard CC. Dealing with 3 Ghouls, Ali and Yorick while stunned kills pretty much everyone.

Basically we get fed early game and then, even if the rest of the team sucks, the enemy team has 2 unkillable bastards to deal with.

I gotta duo with this guy later too. Was triple actually, queued up with a lower leveled Akali, who didnt suck enough to counteract me and Yorick kicking ass and taking names.

Read this if nothing else: I havent noticed the ult change affect Ali too much. Before, a killing gank meant that you took harass level damage before, now its just a bit more. I hope this change makes them up the AP ratios later.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: August 26, 2011, 04:25:47 pm »

I've played LoL on some very low end computers (bought within a year or so, but it was a $400 laptop with integrated graphics) and it runs just fine. You have to turn the graphics down, of course, but it runs.

I played against an Ali yesterday and I have to say I DID notice the change to his ult, simply because 40-50% reduction (whatever it is at the first rank) seems to do much less than 70 or 80% (whatever it was before). He was definitely taking less damage, but it wasn't enough. Made my job easier though! Also, Karma vs Alistar in lane is hilarious as the Karma. I imagine it could have been hilarious for the Ali if he had been a better player, but he couldn't get close to me without losing 1/3 of his health and even when he managed to charge/knock up combo me I had my shield up so it didn't really do anything.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:27:55 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: August 26, 2011, 06:26:22 pm »

Talon sucks.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: August 26, 2011, 06:35:18 pm »

Funny easter egg:  If Skarner sits in the brush (tall grass) for forty seconds he says "Skar-skar-skarner!"

He's a pokieman.
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: August 26, 2011, 06:57:41 pm »

I read about that, but never knew it had to be that long X)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: August 26, 2011, 07:10:00 pm »

Funny easter egg:  If Skarner sits in the brush (tall grass) for forty seconds he says "Skar-skar-skarner!"

He's a pokieman.

I saw Grassy's video on it. After trying Skarner, he actually did it. Heh. Also, I learned how to taunt skate. From now on, I'm taunt skating back to my lane every time.
Also often called Boowells.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: August 26, 2011, 07:15:25 pm »

Basically, you move to one location, and taunt right as you stop moving, then quickly start moving again.

Here's a good video on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv7jf9e-QRs&feature=related

Also just got the Champions Variety Pack Bundle. Awesome. I'ma try out Jarvan IV now.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #3535 on: August 26, 2011, 08:32:12 pm »

He's a pokieman.
Who's Skarner's trainer?

Ashe.

Stole from the top comment from a video on it.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: August 26, 2011, 09:30:55 pm »

Hey guyse i think I'm going to do ranked I haven't done it in a long time.

Suddenly 0/5/0 singed, 0/4/0 teemo, 0/3/0 lux.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: August 26, 2011, 10:41:01 pm »

I swear Nocturne got stealth nerfed this patch.  I'm not doing good with him anymore, and it started the first time I loaded the game after the patch.

I used to basically get fed every game with ganks, now I can't get a single kill, fall behind, slowly catch up and basically become a late game carry.

That or feed.
Shoes...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: August 26, 2011, 10:51:04 pm »

That's what I've been doing with everyone except Karma since the patch. It's really frustrating.  :-\
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: August 26, 2011, 11:27:19 pm »

So, I've got another 3150 and I'm looking to buy a champ. I'm thinking between Nidalee, Karma, Pantheon, and Olaf. I'm tempted to buy Olaf straight out just because no one plays him, but the same could be said of Karma. Last time I checked, however, Karma was not a thunder-axe-wielding berserker, though. :P
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 1067