Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274029 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Talon, the Blade's Shadow - 1.0.0.124
« Reply #3510 on: August 26, 2011, 10:23:18 am »

Biggest regret: Sona. I don't actually like supporting that much. Karma is okay because I can be a bit of an AP carry with her, but yeah.

Also, I'm planning on getting gold with premade 5v5 ranked. All the idiots are on the other teams.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: August 26, 2011, 10:57:42 am »

Biggest regret: Sona. I don't actually like supporting that much. Karma is okay because I can be a bit of an AP carry with her, but yeah.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/ad-sona-wins-67609
Sona has surprising burst damage and no one expects it from the support. :P

Also, I have no clue how it's possible that you feed a Pantheon 6 kills by midgame as Zilean. Zilean has too great a range to be harassed very effectively unless you get a stun off. Not to mention, the ultimate. Pantheon just started snowballing and ganking and murdering our team. In that order.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:00:51 am by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: August 26, 2011, 11:34:03 am »

Hehe my first 5 purchases were tier 1 runes, one of which was a lesser mark of the yuletide tannenbaum, then Soraka, all before Christmas '09. I miss when all the champs were free...
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: August 26, 2011, 11:41:55 am »

Hmm. I'm thinking I should use the IP I was saving up to buy Skarner in order to grab Talon; seems more my playstyle (although I do love a good hybrid, he's somewhat weak without some buffs).
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: August 26, 2011, 12:21:46 pm »

Talon seems really boring for some reason, you just build AD (and don't you dare build anything else) and burst down a target or two before you get splatted like an annoying bug, that was my impression of him after meeting him a few times ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: August 26, 2011, 12:22:23 pm »

Once upon a time, there was a Mordekaiser who was pretending to be Vman7.

He merrily sauntered into mid lane with his boots and three pots. He thought to himself who he would rape today. Would it be poor Annie? Or maybe Ashe? Or if he was lucky, maybe a Jarvan! But lo and behold, twas not some mere bruiser or a tweaky mage. He faced the ultimate abomination, the strongest contender, the greatest champion! He faced... MID. LANE. SORAKA!

Every time Morde attempted to move forward and charge his shield, SILENCE! STARCALL AUTOATTACK STARCALL AUTOATTACK. Even if he charged his shield afterwards it was worthless! He already lost half his HP in health. He thought to himself, RIOT! What monster have you released upon us?! Why doth the falling stars hurt so freaking much!? Where is my MR!? Why is it negative?! WHY WON'T THE STARCALL STACKS GO DOWN?! I'M AT NEGATIVE 20 MR JESSE PERRING SAVE ME!

Those thoughts didn't last long. For soon he saw Soraka standing over his broken corpse. The last words coming from her lips... "hue... hue... hue...."

Seriously, Starcall fucking hurts now.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3516 on: August 26, 2011, 12:53:16 pm »

Once upon a time, there was a Mordekaiser who was pretending to be Vman7.

He merrily sauntered into mid lane with his boots and three pots. He thought to himself who he would rape today. Would it be poor Annie? Or maybe Ashe? Or if he was lucky, maybe a Jarvan! But lo and behold, twas not some mere bruiser or a tweaky mage. He faced the ultimate abomination, the strongest contender, the greatest champion! He faced... MID. LANE. SORAKA!

Every time Morde attempted to move forward and charge his shield, SILENCE! STARCALL AUTOATTACK STARCALL AUTOATTACK. Even if he charged his shield afterwards it was worthless! He already lost half his HP in health. He thought to himself, RIOT! What monster have you released upon us?! Why doth the falling stars hurt so freaking much!? Where is my MR!? Why is it negative?! WHY WON'T THE STARCALL STACKS GO DOWN?! I'M AT NEGATIVE 20 MR JESSE PERRING SAVE ME!

Those thoughts didn't last long. For soon he saw Soraka standing over his broken corpse. The last words coming from her lips... "hue... hue... hue...."

Seriously, Starcall fucking hurts now.

I'mma try Solomid Soraka some time soon. Get Sorc. Boots, Malady and Rabadon?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: August 26, 2011, 01:05:43 pm »

To hell with malady, build a rod of ages and/or abyssal, post results :P

Also, its funny how my 3 loss streak is instantly broken after I actualy buy trundle. Then its just win after win. I don't even have to actively try to win with him, just go around, put wards around, gank lanes, counterjungle, push when you have a chance. Easy wins as long as your team isn't completely retarded. The fact he's one of the few junglers who can effectively gank at level 4 helps alot too.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: August 26, 2011, 01:20:59 pm »

So um, guys, I have a question... I'm not sure it belongs here and I'll edit it out if it doesn't, but :

Why is there such a massive LoL thread and nothing on HoN? It went free to play, right?

I'm asking because a friend is trying to get me to play HoN with him. I've never played a DOTA-clone since that wc3 map that was DOTA's precursor. I do love Bloodline:Champions for the quick matches and intense gameplay, but know nothing about HoN, except that it's kind of like LoL, only paid (until now)

What's the difference? Is there really any? I'm just confused :(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: August 26, 2011, 01:29:10 pm »

LoL is a lot more accessible and newb friendly, and personally has graphics that don't strain your eyes as much as HoN's.The thread for LoL is rather large since there are quite a few people playing it and there is always crap to talk about, not sure how many forumgoers are active at HoN tho, and i don't think many will be for much longer what with Dota 2 coming out soonish and all.

Anyways, can someone tell me why is this situation happening:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: August 26, 2011, 01:39:04 pm »

I bought a rabadon, then an abyssal, then a void staff. Please don't ask me why, I was just laughing my ass off the whole time.

At the end of the game I did more damage than Morde. That's a pretty impressive achievement I think. It was 210k or something like that.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: August 26, 2011, 01:55:04 pm »

So um, guys, I have a question... I'm not sure it belongs here and I'll edit it out if it doesn't, but :

Why is there such a massive LoL thread and nothing on HoN? It went free to play, right?

I'm asking because a friend is trying to get me to play HoN with him. I've never played a DOTA-clone since that wc3 map that was DOTA's precursor. I do love Bloodline:Champions for the quick matches and intense gameplay, but know nothing about HoN, except that it's kind of like LoL, only paid (until now)

What's the difference? Is there really any? I'm just confused :(

I am not completely sure why LoL became so much more popular than HoN. I only played HoN a tiny bit in beta and didn't really care for it. I think the bit about LoL being more newb friendly and accessable is totally true. The game comes out and hits a critcal mass right off the bat since it is free. Then you have the almost constant development afterwards always giving us stuff to talk about.

LoL is a good game. I don't know how HoN stacks up, but it is really nice to at least have some semblence of a skill based match making system.

On the subject of metals, I am less than .500 still. Totally sucks. I think my ELO right now is like 1150 or something. Sad face.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: August 26, 2011, 02:41:26 pm »

Also, you have to buy champions in HoN now, and if i'm not mistaken you can't play on the same servers as the people who actualy bought it, which also have every champion in the game.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: August 26, 2011, 02:53:56 pm »

I've only played it once.  I was the bird guy.

Even trolling I could tell it wasn't any fun.
Shoes...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: August 26, 2011, 03:25:30 pm »

Yeah I think the main reason for the LoL thread being much larger and more active on B12 is mainly just because it was free for a long time before HoN was and Other Games thrives on free/cheap games (especially over a paid alternative). There are plenty of reasons to prefer one or the other, but personally my bet is the fact that the only barrier to entry for LoL was "can you download this game?" (well.... that and the community, but that's a common factor in MOBAs). Now that people are used to the style of LoL they don't want to/feel the need to switch to try something that's basically exactly the same but different.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 1067