Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274130 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard - 1.0.0.123
« Reply #3345 on: August 21, 2011, 10:22:10 pm »

Patch preview is here, sustain is catching the nerfbat.

Nid's heals are on a lower ratio and I think have a higher cooldown, spear throw has a one second shorter cooldown and costs 10 less mana on all levels. Cougarform is getting buffs, like pounce getting CDR with a tradeoff of a .5 second CD increase.

Soraka is clutchier, as is Sona, Taric is getting AS buffs, his heal cools down faster with autoattacks, but its CD got cranked up.

Also, Jax's early game damage from Leap Strike and stuff is getting toned down. Oh, and Kayle's getting much-needed buffs. I'm not sure if they're adjusting scaling, but Reckoning will get scaling off of AD and its damage amplification is getting turned up.

Finally I'll have a reason to play Nidalee for something other than heals. Hybrid/AD kitty sounds like fun. :U

But then you'll be doing it wrong according to all meta.  Traps/Heal first or GTFO.

That's for you Dakk, that's for you.

Trap > Spear early game, anyday allday errrvday. Even with a spear cdr and damage buff, its still slow as hell as easy to dodge, or negate it by stading 1 inch behind a minion. She'll be super scary late game though, thanks to spear and cougar buffs.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:27:20 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: August 21, 2011, 10:33:11 pm »

I'm interested on how taric's changes will affect him. If they just change his attack speed and imbue like they mentioned in the preview, taric will feel really out of place because I'm sure imbue will have some ungodly cooldown and force you to autoattack stuff, but he has no real apart from that to do it. Taric IS a support, just giving him extra cdr on imbue with autoattacks won't make him hit people in the face with his hammer, he needs more in his kit to make engaging people in melee with taric past the early game worth it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:34:50 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: August 21, 2011, 10:35:45 pm »

And if you're boss at hitting people with spears, it makes no sense to get traps first because you don't kill people with traps because if they have a brain they will be like "Oh yeah, traps, I'm a dumb ass mother fucker for walking into those.  I'll go back now and get sight wards so that doesn't happen again."

Hitting people with those javelins is an art, and if you suck at it, fine go get your traps and be bad, if you're good at it, why limit yourself?  I can't tell you how many times early spear has allowed me to dominate somebody who thought they were safe.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: August 21, 2011, 10:44:27 pm »

You can put traps under people's feet, it shreds armor and does damage over time, and you can use it to basicaly ward your lane making you even harder to gank. Of course this isn't a problem in normal solo queue were only 1/4 of all games include junglers/roamers. The armor shred on traps is pretty big, making it very powerful if you're laning with an ad carry. Heal doesn't only heal, its also a pretty strong steroid, altough many nidalees seem to forget they have an autoattack and an armor shred.

Spear IS useful, in the late game when it takes more then a chip of the enemy's health and people are too busy dealing with your team to watch out for your telegraph spears and they have no minions to step behind.]

Also playing against nidalee with yorick is pretty fun. Who needs mobility and minions when I can actively create things to block the spears.

︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: August 21, 2011, 11:05:34 pm »

. . . . . .

Traps don't go off instantly.  Good day sir

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: August 22, 2011, 01:23:04 am »

The only way to get rid of Nida traps is for a champ or minion to walk on it. GG. :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: August 22, 2011, 01:24:19 am »

How to play Sivir:

0. Revive + teleport, to be pro.
1. Buy boots 3 pots. Don't forget all AD runes.
2. Go mid. Take spellshield.
3. First blood the enemy AP carry in mid who will underestimate you cause you are Sivir. Kill him in 4 autoattacks (pop potion first) and spellshield his one offensive spell.
4. Max W, kill mid tower in 6 minutes.
5. Kill inner mid tower in 14 minutes.
6. Push all day every day every lane all lanes forever push push push. Don't worry if you die, just revive and push some more.
7. ???
8. Destroy Nexus in 18 minutes and have 200 farm.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3352 on: August 22, 2011, 02:19:11 am »

How to play Sivir:

0. Revive + teleport, to be pro.
1. Buy boots 3 pots. Don't forget all AD runes.
2. Go mid. Take spellshield.
3. First blood the enemy AP carry in mid who will underestimate you cause you are Sivir. Kill him in 4 autoattacks (pop potion first) and spellshield his one offensive spell.
4. Max W, kill mid tower in 6 minutes.
5. Kill inner mid tower in 14 minutes.
6. Push all day every day every lane all lanes forever push push push. Don't worry if you die, just revive and push some more.
7. ???
8. Destroy Nexus in 18 minutes and have 200 farm.

Sup I'm Malzahar, and I have the strength to outpush people. That may not include Sivir, but she can't do shit to my tower either.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: August 22, 2011, 02:43:57 am »

I think Sivir vs Malzahar mid would involve two people staring at each other in mid for very long periods of time where every single creep is dead the moment they arrive.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: August 22, 2011, 02:58:46 am »

The only way to get rid of Nida traps is for a champ or minion to walk on it. GG. :I

Have you played Nidalee recently?  Those traps don't do much more than tickle you and disappear in two minutes.  Furthermore, yay creeps/minions took out all my traps that are on a 14 second long CD it'll totally work this time.  Oh wait the creeps ate the traps again.  I guess I'll just have to auto-attack.  If only I had some long range nuke that did more than tickle my god damn opponent.  Oh wait, I DO and if I'm half way competent at predicting movements and not throwing them when they are doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I can knock a bunch of health off and if I have a good lane mate, maybe even kill them.  That's crazy talk though I'll get my tickle attack that doesn't impair movement in any frikkin' and then declare I'm doing a good job because I hit a creep. 

GG everyone, Nidalee hit a frikkin creep with a trap, we can't recover from this, everyone pack your bags and surrender at twenty!  Nidalee can hit creeps with traps every 10 seconds or so now.  Oh wait, she doesn't have javelin toss, get in there and murder her then and laugh as you out lane her because she went with traps that do next to no damage!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: August 22, 2011, 03:17:55 am »

It doesn't matter how good you are at Javelin Toss, it matters how bad your opponent is at not walking into it.

Not how good they are at dodging. Or even how bad they are at dodging. How bad they are at not facechecking the middle of the lane for spears.

I think Sivir vs Malzahar mid would involve two people staring at each other in mid for very long periods of time where every single creep is dead the moment they arrive.

Basically, yeah. It's same with Anivia and the like.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: August 22, 2011, 03:19:04 am »

I'd like to know why you get so flustered over the concept of getting something besides spear at level 1 when every build out there still maxes it out first.

Are you consistently getting first blood with all that 125~ max damage at level 1 or something because it does double that at level 2 which you can't get til your champion is level 3 anyways.

Edit: I'm not sure whether or not it's been explained or not yet, but the reason to not get spear at level 1 is the same reason to not get Cait's Q at level 1 or Singed's poison. It's a complete damn waste of mana to spam it at level 1 when you consider the fact if you just wait one full bloody minute, it'll do double that.

Yeah Nidalee's traps don't do that much, doesn't mean they're not useful, they might not snare like Caitlyn's traps but in that duration someone is taking damage, your autoattacks can do more than a level 1 spear ever could.

As for people taking the heal at level 1, I assume that's really only if you (or your lane partner if you're not soloing) get hit that early. Mind, the attack speed boost can help.

In short: level 1 spear can do a maximum of about 131 damage, that's at max range, which means you can no longer do anything else.

A level 1 trap does a total 80 damage, plus the -resist to the enemy. Auto attacking once after that will outdamage your spear.

And I don't know why you think traps only tickle. Yeah, the spear does a shit ton at level 5 and max range (575 with no ability power) but the traps do a little more damage than a short range spear and have a much higher AP ratio.

Spoiler: tl;dr (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:37:40 am by Lumbajak »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: August 22, 2011, 03:45:01 am »

Because it's utterly ridiculous to take the other two first.  I've tried heals and traps first and it gets me killed.  One or two well placed spears at level one, bam they are afraid to push until they either have a gank coming or are at full health again.  In that time you will have your heal and your lane is set.  You get trap first and you get fucking laughed at as Garen marches straight through it and hands your ass to you.  That shred does shit until you have damage to do via javelin toss lv3 or Cougar form burst.  Your auto attacks are laughable and the 80(if they have no reduction mind you) damage from the trap puts you behind most other champions.  The sheer amount of bad behind this thinking is staggering.  I've played Nidalee just about everyway imaginable and by far traps first just performs the worst.

Also if you want to know why I care so much Dakk decided to insult my playstyle because it was no longer the popular way to play Nidalee (when I started the second ranked guide started with javelin toss).  He also decided to insult my friend who is one of the best Vlads I've ever seen for some reason that was equally bullshit when he (Dakk) wouldn't even get on Skype just to listen so he'd at least know what was going on.  If you're going to insult somebody for one damn game, at least make it something intelligent and not claim that getting javelin toss at level one lost you the game.  I even admitted I did bad that game, but claiming we loss at level one because I took the nuke spell is the stupidest thing I've heard in quite some time.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:54:27 am by V-Norrec »

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: August 22, 2011, 03:50:10 am »

I'll be honest an' say I've never seen a good Nidalee to begin with.

But that's usually because they go mid and try to spear the Annie. (Good luck on that one).

I only play trollish builds in normal anyhow.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: August 22, 2011, 04:05:11 am »

I'll be honest an' say I've never seen a good Nidalee to begin with.

But that's usually because they go mid and try to spear the Annie. (Good luck on that one).

I only play trollish builds in normal anyhow.

Who the fuck takes Nidalee mid???  I've done it before successfully but there mid was shit and I was ganking half the time anyhow.

Edit:  I've also seen a Taric WIN mid and have won as Kassadin vs. Orianna.  I'm willing to believe anybody can mid at this point, given the right circumstances.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:32:33 am by V-Norrec »
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 1067