Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274256 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard - 1.0.0.123
« Reply #3210 on: August 17, 2011, 04:31:44 am »

IMO he is pretty awesome. Dont know how you would like him.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3211 on: August 17, 2011, 04:43:56 am »

IMO he is pretty awesome. Dont know how you would like him.
Pros and Cons, can ye give em? Your opinion of course, and I'll see how I like them.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: August 17, 2011, 04:59:37 am »

Pros:
Godly chasing.
Lots of sustained damage.
Can drag people into turrets/1.5 second supress.
Scales with everything.
Sustain with the fracture heals.
Can use sheen every time it can be used.
Good pushing, lots of AOE for taking out creeps and you can keep the shield up constantly while punching a tower.
Can punch up his ultimate.
Scorpion.

Cons:
No burst.
Taking out the shield takes out a lot of his AS/MS.
Vulnerable to all forms of CC.
Small range on slow.
Needs to work up his slow thus needing another source of CC/tells everyone he is gonna attack.
Mana hungry early game/without a tear.
Needs to actually survive to deal any damage.

I might be forgetting some things though.

EDIT: Added some.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:01:26 am by cerapa »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3213 on: August 17, 2011, 05:14:17 am »

Well, he seems quite cool. And from what you told me, I think his pros outweigh the cons.

I'll buy him soon, but not just yet. School.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: August 17, 2011, 10:26:25 am »

-snipped for length-

Oh, the shroud has saved my life many times during teamfights... but the problem is that there are so many champions who give not a fuck about it, with Skarner being the newest and the one who cares least. Spamable, decent damage AoE that's only very slightly smaller than my shroud is pain for me, and any champ with a skillshot/AoE skill can really hurt an Akali just by firing blindly into the shroud. That's been the only times I've really felt the pain in teamfights, but the thing is that every single team will have something like that, unless they're complete fools.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: August 17, 2011, 10:41:53 am »

That seems like a pretty weird problem.

Generally speaking you should be quite immune to damage inside your shroud (Rylai + solo lane + shroud) as you're technically supposed to sit in it while being AOE-ed if you can't escape.

However, yes, there are quite a few Akali counters (it's why she's never first pick). Lee Sin and Corki come to mind. Not sure about Skarner as his AOE damage really isn't that significant. Urgot too, who can fire into the shroud.

What I normally see, however, is good Akali's just not giving a crap and chilling inside their shroud regardless of what happens. Then when all their cooldowns come back, even if they were at 1% health, raping the person AOEing them. I'm guessing that's a viable strategy. :P

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: August 17, 2011, 12:00:11 pm »

-snipped for length-

Oh, the shroud has saved my life many times during teamfights... but the problem is that there are so many champions who give not a fuck about it, with Skarner being the newest and the one who cares least. Spamable, decent damage AoE that's only very slightly smaller than my shroud is pain for me, and any champ with a skillshot/AoE skill can really hurt an Akali just by firing blindly into the shroud. That's been the only times I've really felt the pain in teamfights, but the thing is that every single team will have something like that, unless they're complete fools.

In ranked, people don't waste skill shots hoping they hit someone they can't see. In reality, when the teamfights start happening, I think people throw skill shots kind of wildy at the biggest group of enemies... I know I do.

Anyways. Akali follows the same rules for team fighting as any other assassin. Let the tank go in first, pick a target, destory the target. The difference is that she can disappear after jumping in, then fade in and out at will. I haven't played alot of assassins, but I find Akali easy to escape with.

Not only that but after your primary target is gone, if you have a while on your smoke screen you can stand around and harass. Akali is really great for confusing and frustrating enemies. Several times I have been tricked into switching targets because Akali has popped out and started beating on someone.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: August 17, 2011, 12:18:45 pm »

Many times have I played Skarner and attempted to ult Akali while she is destealthed, it almost never works and I spend a couple of seconds doing stuff that ISNT killing the enemy team.
If you try to attack her, you spend time hitting air, and if you dont, all squishies on your team die.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: August 17, 2011, 12:29:17 pm »

take sin fire resonaring strike, kick,tempest,cripple and safeguard the fuck out of there (theory, never had the chance to test)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: August 17, 2011, 12:42:54 pm »

Kog'Maw is also a good counter to Akali's shroud, since his ultimate's AoE is enough to cover the whole thing and it will reveal her after it hits (assuming she's dumb or desperate enough to sit in there while it fires). Not to mention his range gives him a great advantage over Akali, especially in the laning phase.

On another note, I've recently played with Lux and Morgana for the first time (yay free hero rotation). I did extremely well with both of them, building them fairly similarly. My second game with Lux was straight up retarded, with me hitting my AoE on most of their team, then lasering 2-4 as they ran away in a straight line, clumped up quite nicely.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: August 17, 2011, 01:45:30 pm »

Man, after watching the DotA 2 stream and remembering what DotA was like...

I dunno if I can play this any more...

I mean, the DotA champions are so much more exciting. LoL keeps releasing boring as crap champions that just adjust their numbers and have one single gimmick.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: August 17, 2011, 01:51:09 pm »

Posted a DOTA 2 thread on the LoL forums for shits and giggles.

I timed it, it was deleted in 24.9 seconds (+/- 3 seconds).

I might be horribly biased because I've only played League and not DotA, but the DOTA 2 gameplay looks really boring. Probably because I'm biased. I'll give it an honest try if I get into the beta.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: August 17, 2011, 02:06:11 pm »

One of the champions there has TF ult at level 1. At the same time, he can summon a wall of trees to completely surround an enemy so he can't move. Then he can turn all those trees into treants to shred the poor guy inside there. And no, it's not his ultimate.

Another one can AOE stun the entire screen (!!!) for 3 seconds.

There's another champ whose ult is where she creates clones of herself that attacks every single enemy champion on the map at the same time. Then, if she pleases, she can jump to any of those clones and do even more damage to that poor fellow. And at any moment she can decide to move through any terrain she wants.

What about this rock golem that starts out super tiny and cute but as the game progresses, he gets larger and larger and grows a badass beard (even the profile picture changes). Oh, and he can throw anything he wants at anything he wants. Creeps at enemies. Allies at enemies. Enemies at enemies. Whatever.

Oh, how about the guy who can AOE stun enemies with almost every autoattack while inflicting massive damage, increase his movespeed by an insane amount for a crazy long time, and reduce the enemy's armour by all?

It's crazy man. And this shit is actually balanced! The LoL champions are so stale compared to these.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: August 17, 2011, 02:16:55 pm »

if Dota 2 is F2P I'm dropping LoL for a good while.

LoL is like Duplo, while Dota is the lego all the big kids play with. And I want to play with lego dammit.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: August 17, 2011, 02:21:34 pm »

if Dota 2 is F2P I'm dropping LoL for a good while.

LoL is like Duplo, while Dota is the lego all the big kids play with. And I want to play with lego dammit.
seconded
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1067